Can I drop off a passenger on the left side of the curb?

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2014 11:55 pm
My friend doesn't want to cross the street. So is it okay to stop my car on the left side of the street, drop her off, and then drive away? I do this every 6:30 in the morning so there's no cars driving by to cause problems.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,770 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2014 12:18 am
@Jeremiah,
If it is a two-way street and you are pulling over into the opposite lane of traffic with your car facing the wrong way, it is most likely illegal and a citeable violation, if seen by law enforcement or traffic cameras, no matter what time of day.

It could also be dangerously startling to other drivers if they were to come upon your car in their lanes of traffic.

If there is no other traffic, why does your friend not wish to cross the street?
Jeremiah

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2014 11:41 am
@Butrflynet,
She's afraid to cross the street
chai2

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2014 11:57 am
@Jeremiah,
Isn't there are driveway or entry way you could make a left hand turn into, then back out after she gets out?

If she lives in a house, there must be a driveway. If she lives in an apartment, there must be some type of entry way.
0 Replies

Jeremiah

Reply Sat 1 Feb, 2014 10:02 pm
No drive way or entry way. Just a curb.
0 Replies