Is there a dentist in the house

Reply Sat 25 Jan, 2014 12:49 pm
God seems to have made a few mistakes evolving the humanoid, one being the inclusion of nerve within the tooth, seemingly without evolutionary purpose. You could argue that the pain of decay contributed to Early Man's longevity by forcing an extraction. But in his earlier history it's doubtful Man lived long enough for this expedient to do much good; and anyhow we might suppose his smile with missing teeth might repel the potential mate

Decay aside, nerve endings are also exposed in a tooth cracked or worn to a stub. I assume the immediate dental counter entails root canal, pretty drastic. However in some cases where its victim tolerates it, the pain eventually abates, owing presumably to the death or retreat of the nerve endings. My q is: how to foster this fortunate outcome or quicken it

For instance, is it just a matter of time or is it promoted by (1) incessant contact with the opposing tooth or (2) by the application of chemical agents like (a) clove oil or (b) Sensodyne or even © Benzocain

…and in the latter cases if the tooth nerve endings are killed, woujldn't such chems also attack the lips, tongue, etc

Thanks anyone qualified
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,352 • Replies: 4
No top replies

dalehileman

Reply Sun 26 Jan, 2014 12:22 pm
@dalehileman,
Has nobody else hereabout suffered a cracked tooth
roger

Reply Sun 26 Jan, 2014 03:28 pm
@dalehileman,
You asked if there was a dentist in the house. Noone answered; I guess not.
Sturgis

Reply Sun 26 Jan, 2014 04:29 pm
@dalehileman,
Quote:
Has nobody else hereabout suffered a cracked tooth

Yeah, I think it adds character to my appearance.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2014 12:03 pm
@roger,
Quote:
You asked if there was a dentist in the house. No one answered; I guess not.
Of course you're quite right Rog. I'll try again with more suitable (I hope) title
0 Replies