How flawed are your beliefs

farmerman

Reply Sun 26 Jan, 2014 11:53 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Mybe some dude named Jesus was reported to have said those things as reported by his chroniclers. BUT, Jesus' "helpers" shore like a nice ritzy place to hang out and a nice ride to get there.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTi0cC835rF6XOqt5h9UALa4xKFkfTpOhIAJRPqnSHj_QmuJA19OQ

As it was said a long time ago, The priests make the demands, not the gods

0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 26 Jan, 2014 12:14 pm
Quote:
Rosborne said: @RF- how many christians do you know who actually follow the precepts of Christianity, much less actually understand their own religion

What makes you think they're true Christians?
Relax, Jesus said their sort can't get under his radar ..Smile-

"Not all who call me "Lord,Lord" will enter the kingdom of heaven. Then I'll tell them plainly, I never knew you, get away from me" (Matt 7:21-23)
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 26 Jan, 2014 12:22 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
Rosborne said: @RF- how many christians do you know who actually follow the precepts of Christianity, much less actually understand their own religion

Relax, Jesus said their sort can't get under his radar ..Smile-

"Not all who call me "Lord,Lord" will enter the kingdom of heaven. Then I'll tell them plainly, I never knew you, get away from me" (Matt 7:21-23)

Choose one, Romeo:

a) What would you possibly know about being a "true Christian?"

b) Are you differentiating the way Sarah Palin differentiated "true Americans" from the other kind?
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sun 26 Jan, 2014 12:26 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Even thought you are an egomaniac and a bit of a clown, you may have selected a better set of "christian" values than most. But it still seems like a convenient escape from the challenges for you to simply define your own views of Christianity to be true and every other to be misguided. Maybe the religion called Fabulini is more virtuous than Jesusism (although no more accurate or necessary), but that doesn't excuse christianity from its flaws, nor does it change the fact that the mythology of Jesus was derived from others before it.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 26 Jan, 2014 02:12 pm
Quote:
Frank Apisa said:@RF-
a) What would you possibly know about being a "true Christian?"
b) Are you differentiating the way Sarah Palin differentiated "true Americans" from the other kind?
Rosborne said:@RF- it still seems like a convenient escape from the challenges for you to simply define your own views of Christianity to be true and every other to be misguided

a) Nobody knows if they're a "true Christian", even Paul said-
"My conscience is clear, but that does not make me innocent. It is the Lord who judges me. Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time" (1 Cor 4:3)
So all we can do is give it our best shot and hope we'll make the grade in God's eyes. Personally I don't give a rat's ass about the big herds of organised religion and don't run with them..Smile-
"Work out your own salvation.." (Philip 2:12 KJV)

b) I dunno how Sarah defined "true Americans", maybe she meant the patriotic christian kind?
Calamity Dal

Reply Sun 26 Jan, 2014 05:22 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
You seem to have no problem telling people they're not true christians. Now you say you don't KNOW?!
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 26 Jan, 2014 06:24 pm
Quote:
Calamity said: You seem to have no problem telling people they're not true christians. Now you say you don't KNOW?!

Careful, the naughty step...
Certainly I like poking fun at peoples wacky ideas, but as i've always said, God is their final judge not me..Smile
PS- what are you, a mormon, JW, satanist, catholic or what?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Romeo Fabulini: Loose Cannon Christian!
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/POS-swagger2_zps8e311a2c.jpg~original
Calamity Dal

Reply Sun 26 Jan, 2014 07:02 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Let me crank down the distaste for a moment and be real. You established your entire understanding through individual reading, you quote scriptures like you're playing top trumps. This one contradicts your worldview so you claim that one is superior. Has it not crossed your mind that your ideas strike others as wacky? I asked you a series of questions and your answers left me fuming. Your religious vision makes no sense to me.

I left religion a while ago, I just don't have the will to invent my own.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sun 26 Jan, 2014 08:12 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
So all we can do is give it our best shot and hope we'll make the grade in God's eyes. Personally I don't give a rat's ass about the big herds of organised religion and don't run with them..Smile-

I can understand why you would want to see Jesus as the leader of the gang and then make yourself a member. It was a crutch when you needed it to help you overcome the unforgivable disrespect you describe your father heaping upon you. Given which, I think you've done well not to end up as a mall shooter or a suicide.

I've mildly poked and prodded you over several threads now and you have yet to respond with negativity, which (impressively) is consistent with the portions of Christianity you claim to follow.

But the Bible is just a giant literary version of a rorschach test which only shows you what you want to see. Any degree of success you've achieved has come from you, not Jesus. Jesus doesn't exist, and if he ever did, he's been gone over 2000 years. Even the messages attributed to him have been so corrupted, obscured and translated over the years that they are essentially lost to time. So whatever you have achieved, you have achieved yourself. I think you should give yourself some credit and let the crutch go. I don't think you need it any more.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 26 Jan, 2014 09:22 pm
Jesus is my MATE, certainly not a crutch..Smile
"You're my friends if you follow me. I don't call you servants, but I call you friends" (John 15:15)

Who on earth wouldn't want to be his mate anyway and be like him?
For example he blew the snooty priests out of the water with stuff like-

"The prostitutes will get to heaven ahead of you!" (Matt 21:31)
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/Jesus-v-snoots.gif~original
neologist

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2014 12:56 am
Just got back from a gun show. This looks like it might be fun.
See ya tomorrow.
0 Replies

secondusername

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2014 01:12 am
@Calamity Dal,
Quote:
How flawed are your beliefs

50%?
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2014 06:03 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Jesus is my MATE, certainly not a crutch..Smile

I guess you're not ready after all. Oh well.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2014 12:39 pm
@Calamity Dal,
Calamity Dal wrote:
. . . On the scale of agnosticism I am more inclined to creation probably due to nurture. I spent best part of 15 years arguing in the local churches with people who claim to have answers, 3 years ago I stopped trying.

How can a loving God create Hell to torment his creations
How could a loving God wipe the Earth of his creation in a worldwide flood
Why would a god create the earth for a "testing ground" and claim no responsibility for what goes on thereafter.
Why would a loving God step back and allow the devil to take over
If a baby dies, and we are here for a necessary test, how can that baby avoid hell if it has not passed the test? if it gets a free pass into heaven then how is murdering your child a bad thing? If the test is not necessary for a baby then why is it necessary for any of us?

the list goes on. Too many questions, not enough answers. I will sit and have a chat with anyone over it but I tend to get pissed off when it gets silly.
Call it faith or belief system, whatever you want. If we search for the truth about God and never question, we are bound to end in confusion.
Quote:
Keep testing whether you are in the faith; keep proving what you yourselves are. (2 Corinthians 13:5)
Well, we may not realize our confusion; but it will eventually become evident as we risk becoming victims of our personal bias.

I suggest this contemplation applies also to the fundamental assumptions upon which we base our search. If we are seeking reward or license, perhaps our axioms may be tainted.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2014 02:18 pm
Quote:
Calamity said: I left religion a while ago

Good for you, I steer well clear of mind-numbing organised religions too..Smile

PS- Regarding the thread title- How Flawed are Your Beliefs?,
atheism is a 'belief' so can anybody suggest a few flaws that might be in it?
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2014 02:36 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
Calamity said: I left religion a while ago

Good for you, I steer well clear of mind-numbing organised religions too..Smile

PS- Regarding the thread title- How Flawed are Your Beliefs?,

Some atheism IS belief.

Most apparently is not.
0 Replies

Calamity Dal

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2014 04:27 pm
@neologist,
and in which direction would you suggest I move my axioms?
secondusername

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2014 05:39 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Quote:
Regarding the thread title- How Flawed are Your Beliefs?,

Belief that you don't believe in anything? Or is it. To be atheist, you must believe in the devil. Of which there's no proof he/she too exists.

Or are you saying atheists are hypocrites?
0 Replies

secondusername

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2014 05:41 pm
@Calamity Dal,
Quote:
and in which direction would you suggest I move my axioms?

Calamity. Can you help me understand? what you meant by sharing the above statement.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2014 06:30 pm
Quote:
Romeo asked: Regarding the thread title- How Flawed are Your Beliefs?, atheism is a 'belief' so can anybody suggest a few flaws that might be in it?
Secondusername replied: Belief that you don't believe in anything? Or is it. To be atheist, you must believe in the devil. Of which there's no proof he/she too exists. Or are you saying atheists are hypocrites?

Well, atheists say "I believe there are no gods" and I'm just wondering if that belief is flawed, and wonder how they arrive at that conclusion?