love triangle squared

bincin

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 10:49 pm
I am looking for objective advice. I am a single male whose best friend is a married female. We've had a long-term affair. I am also friends with her husband and over the last year she has indicated that she wants to be closer to him so we have just gone back to being friends. Now I have become friends with her sister and it feels like we could also become intimate. To compound things both sisters come from a culture where marriages are arranged by the parents. I basically lack culture and grew up in a broken household. I feel tension between the sisters and know that I am the problem. I wish I could undo all this without upsetting anyone, but I am so deep in quagmire that I really don't know what to do. The only thing that keeps me from jumping from a nearby cliff is the thought that I won't die instantly or worse yet I'll survive the fall. I know that wouldn't really solve anything either, but I really don't know how to gracefully get out of this. I feel like I can't move caught in a spiderweb or something the tension gets stronger everyday. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I have no one to confide in this matter. Thanks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 855 • Replies: 9
No top replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 11:23 pm
Dude, relax. Dating an ex's sister is never a good idea. Doesn't matter that your friend is married. She'll be just as jealous as if she wasn't... But that's not really the problem anyway. And you know it. All your life you've been doing things that you weren't supposed to do. There is definitely something exciting about... shall we say "forbidden fruit". But it's also very lazy. Sure, it's easier than meeting girls from scratch, but what about now? Now it's not so easy… And now is almost inevitable when that's the path you take. Think of it as an addiction. If you can't be around the lady without doing the wrong thing, then don't put yourself in a position where you can. In the mean time; go out and meet someone else. It may be harder than the charming someone you already know but tough luck. If you ask 20 women out; one of them will say yes. Focus on improving your skills with strangers and stop giving in to your addiction. Life will be easier and you'll be glad you did. Get it?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2004 06:46 am
There are way more than 2 women on the planet. Surely you can meet others if you put your mind to it. Stay away from this group; this is a bad idea and you know it.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2004 06:21 pm
Bill, you rock. Once again, I'm astounded by your clear understanding of the human phsyche.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2004 07:27 pm
bincin--
You know if you play around with either of these women, you are going to get your ass handed to you at least twice.

Stop the madness!
Branch out.
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2004 07:44 pm
Bill is right.......you can't be intimate with both sisters ...not in the same lifetime anyways.

I have three sisters. I am the youngest. The next to the oldest has always seemed to pick the wrong men to be with. And each one of these men in their own way... have caused problems with her and I.

I would NEVER have anything to do with ANY man that my sisters have been with.

To make a long story short....every man she has been with...has made her jealous of me in one way or another. Either by things they say...or their actions. When I became "free" .....her boyfriend broke up with her. Telling her that he was "secretely" in love with me. That caused a great deal of pain in the relationship her and I had. The funny thing is....I had NO idea he felt that way about me. I had nothing to do with him....except to give him a lil piece of my mind for what he did to my sister....and for being so stupid as to think I would allow him into my life. Her and I tried really hard to get back on track. Then she meets this man that she liked alot. They dated a little while ....then she asked me if I would like to meet him....I said, sure Rolling Eyes

Again....to make a long story short......we went out to eat. We ended up running into some friends of his. He goes to make the introductions. He points at me and goes "This is Brooklyn".....then he points to my sister and .....(nothing). He suddenly couldn't even remember her name. I thought he was joking. Ended up he wasn't. Needless to say.....it didn't go down so good.

Sisters have a bond. And within that bond is "respect". It's not always spoken......but is always expected. You just simply do NOT tread on water that they have already inhabited :wink: (Unless you wanna cause an all out war) And no one wins.

~Brooke
0 Replies

bincin

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2004 06:56 pm
thanks for your opinions.
I've given up the cliff jumping ideas.

Is this really a loss cause. Everyone suggest I go find one of the other millions of women out there. To me that seems like the easy way out. Its not a solution to the problem its simply throwing my hands in the air and walking away. Shouldn't I try to fix the situation?

here is some advice I got from another online source:

S. Kessler Answers -
Hi "sinking"~

The damage in the past has already been done,since you slept with this married friend. But that doesn't mean that it can't be mended and you move on with your life. Do you want to remain friends with these ladies? If so,then a lot of changing needs to be done on your part. You will have to resign yourself to only having a strictly platonic relationship with them both,not any romantic involvement. If this is too hard for you to do,or if it's just too tempting to want to sleep with them. Then maybe it's time you cut off the friendship with them completely. I know this would be hard to do,but what else can you do short of this (if you can't control your impulses to become romantically involved)?! You don't want to put yourself in temptations way. If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Edit (Moderator): Link and solicitation removed.
0 Replies

bromeliad

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 01:31 pm
You say that :

"both sisters come from a culture where marriages are arranged by the parents. "

Hmmm. What would happen to the married one if an affair came to light? What would happen to the sister if the family found out she was having sex outside of marriage?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 02:37 pm
bincin...be forewarned...I really hope you are NOT using this forum just to promote another website.
0 Replies

bincin

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2004 04:32 pm
cavfancier.... sorry about that I just did a cut and paste without thinking Rolling Eyes Embarrassed

I actually appreciate all the comments and taking their advice to back off from the group i'm having these issues with.

Thanks again!
0 Replies