eoe

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2004 08:59 am
Thanks Region.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2004 12:41 pm
Region Philbis wrote:
that would be G.E. Smith...

I thought it was G.E. Wells. But the important thing is how annoying that guy was to me. He made these idiotic faces when playing, and would always stand in front of the Saxophonist or Trombonist when they had a solo. He seemed so damn cocky and such. But I loved his ponytail, it made me happy.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2004 12:43 pm
Child of the Light wrote:
Region Philbis wrote:
that would be G.E. Smith...

I thought it was G.E. Wells. But the important thing is how annoying that guy was to me. He made these idiotic faces when playing, and would always stand in front of the Saxophonist or Trombonist when they had a solo. He seemed so damn cocky and such. But I loved his ponytail, it made me happy.

It is G.E. Smith. And yes, he was a very annoying cocky shithead. He played with Hall and Oates too, if I'm not mistaken.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2004 12:47 pm
Did he go by G.E.? Like if someone said, "Hey Gregory" or whatever the G abbreviated, would he answer or would he get pissed and say "The name's G.E., bitch."?
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2004 02:08 pm
Ah, the fake game shows.

Celebrity Jeopardy, with fake Burt Reynolds and fake Sean Connery.

Who's More Grizzled?, real Garth Brooks and real Robert Duvall.

Old French Whore.

The bit with Chris Farley as the American tourist on the Japanese game show.
0 Replies

buffytheslayer

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2004 09:26 pm
ooh, I forgot about Jeopardy. Sean Connery, damn that was always so funny!
0 Replies

Dantheamgman

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2004 11:00 pm
Cherri Oteri
I liked the one in which she played a floozie in the lunch room with the 3 or 4 guys and made sexual comments that were way over the top..
0 Replies

Dantheamgman

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2004 11:01 pm
robert goulet
when the christmas song went bad and he caught on fire.. will ferrel..
0 Replies

aimeemarie123

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2004 09:25 am
will farrel is just silly... I think we need more cow bell... when will is in blue oyster cult and christopher walkin is the producer....

more cow bell!
0 Replies

AmericanEagleJRL

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2004 06:02 pm
Favorite SNL cast member: Rachel Dratch

Favorite SNL skit: Debbie Downer on the Lindsay Lohan eppisode tied with the space explorer skit that Tracy Morgan did with Britney Spears. That was hilarious.

Oh, I almost forgot. I loved Brian Fellows Safari Planet. LOL!
0 Replies

slow ned

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 08:30 am
Slow Ned - Mike Meyers played a character set back in the 1700s. Candace Bergan was the host, and was "the queen". Ned's brothers were going out to bring the queen a gift - something that would make her smile - something that she has never received from anyone EVER. Anyone remember that one?

Ned's brothers were trying to sneek out of the house without him... he ended up going and presenting the queen with a bag of 'sheep terd'
It was a 1990 episode...
0 Replies

AllanSwann

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 04:27 pm
This might be a dead thread, but couldn't resist posting here. SNL has had it's glorious highs and its yawn-inducing lows over its now long history. Reading through the posts brought back so many funny memories of the skits, characters and wonderfully talented artists who've been on SNL over the years. Most of the truly, truly funny moments have been listed here, but here's a few more I thought of:

Chris Farley's charmingly inept and insecure interview of Paul McCartney which ended with something like this: Chris: Do you remember that song you wrote that ended with the words, "The love you take is equal to the love you make? Paul: Yes, Chris, I remember that. Chris: Is that right? Paul: Yes, I think so. Chris: Awesome!

Martin Short's "Wheel of Fortune" loving Ed Grimley. "I MUST say! I'm getting positively MENTAL!"

John Belushi's Vito Corleone in group therapy.

Dan Ackroyd & Jane Curtin doing Point-Counter-Point on Weekend Update. <"Jane, You ignorant slut!">

Bill Murray's entertainment reviewer on Weekend Update going through his pre-Oscar night picks, and summarily throwing out the cards with the Best Supporting Actor and Actress nominees because, "I didn't see any of these performances and no one cares about these awards anyway."

Al Franken's dysfunctional self-help TV host, Stuart Smalley <particularly where he had Michael Jordan say into a mirror, "Because I'm strong enough, and talented enough and gosh, people like me!">

Alec Baldwin's TV soap doctor who chronically mispronounced common semi-medical terms <urine with a long "i">.

During the 1992 Clinton/Bush/Perot election season, Dana Carvey <as Ross Perot> driving a car with Phil Hartman <as his seemingly befuddled running mate, Admiral Stockdale>, and commenting on Stockdale's less-then sterling performance in the VP debate. <"When you walked over to the other candidates in the middle of the debate like you didn't know where you were, that was pur-d-marvelous. You showed 'em you were a man with things to do, places to go!">

Tim Meadows' late-night radio DJ "The Ladies Man".

The show has fallen off drastically these past 2 years but I am ever hopeful that <as before>, it'll be on the upswing again in the near future.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2015 09:52 am

'Saturday Night Live': All 141 Cast Members Ranked
http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/lists/saturday-night-live-all-141-cast-members-ranked-20150211
panzade

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2015 12:18 pm
@Region Philbis,
Funny and touching thread.
A reminder of all the dearly departed. Sad
0 Replies