Favorite SNL Cast Memeber and Sketch?

suzy

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 04:37 pm
Oh, there are so many good ones!
One of my favorites was Jane Curtin as the mom on speed. She was talking and doing housework and folding paper grocery bags at a frenetic pace. "How do I do it all? I take speed. That's right, these little yellow caplets"... or something like that!
And Gilda and Bill as Todd and Lisa!
I love Jimmy Fallon and Horatio Sans doing the Jarret bit, with his computer show. (Jimmy Fallon is sooo talented)
I love the Christmas song!
Did anyone see the skit about Colonel Lingus? man, that was hilarious!
And Janet Jackson did a great job as Condi Rice.
I also like the skit where Rachel and Jimmy and Seth play the kids from Boston!
And my all time favorite, Fluckers jam. "With a name like Fluckers, it has to be good". Then the competing jam companies come up with grosser and grosser names for their jams: "Mangled Baby Ducks, with a name like that, it's got to be good!"
The best one "2,000 (or some number) Nuns and Orphans". Gilda says "2,000 Nuns and Orphans? What's so bad about that?" ... "They were all eaten by rats!"
sigh. Very Happy
I still can't play mad libs without putting nuns, orphans and mangled baby ducks as the nouns!
0 Replies

Greyfan

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 04:58 pm
Although they ended up overdoing it, I would add the diner where chief cook John Belushi served nothing but "cheeburgers"; and a commercial parody in which Olympic decathlon hopeful Belushi lauded his training diet which included "downing a lot of doughnuts"; and of course, the Mr. Bill films. Although they overdid those too.

Gosh, I'm old.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 05:24 pm
Blue Oyster Cult is mine, hands down.

I do like the Sex Professor's Luv in the Hot-t t-tub....

For some reason I can't understand, I loved Farrell and Oteri's crazy cheerleaders.

Mr. Robinson's neighborhood...

Jimmy Carter inspecting the nuclear plant. (Marrying the equally monstrously sized Garrett Morris janitor lady.)

But the political bits in the last four or so years--take-offs on Gore's mechanical lock-box explanation, and the reconstructed, indestructable Dick Cheney were favorites. Wide-eyed Paul Begala (Corky Romano?)getting yelled at by a crazed Chris Matthews is pee-worthy.

Mango and Garth Brooks.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 06:47 pm
I loved the skits with the sexualy adventurous organ playing farrel and ( I forget her name) singing their composite chrisitian up with people, operatic pop songs.
And just about everything else listed.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 06:56 pm
Ana Gastyer(spelled wrong I think) is the female companion of Ferrell in that skit.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 06:58 pm
hmmmm
almost anything involving Steve Martin, and I just worshipped Father Guido Sarducci.

The first time I saw King Tut, I just about fell over.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 07:53 pm
Guido Sarducci!

I'm still the green side of 30, but I had no bed time growing up, so Letterman and the "old" SNL people had a big influence on me. My teachers could never figure out where the hell I got my sense of humor.

But, more recently..... Canteen Boy with Alec Baldwin.

Oh, and Patrick Stewart running the erotic bakery. "It's a woman going to the bathroom!"
0 Replies

suzy

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 08:07 pm
Hahaha! Canteen Boy was great!
And speaking of the good father, I really got a kick out of that "Finda da pope ina pizza" contest!
There are still some great cartoons, such as The Ambiguously Gay Duo!
And let us not forget Deep Thoughts, by Jack Handey.
A. Whitney brown was also great!

A real "Best of" SNL would take many episodes.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 08:16 pm
suzy - i'm not gonna let anyone forget Jack Handy.

[size=8]<see my tag line>[/size]
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 08:16 pm
I had no idea it was Dan Akroyd doing Julia Childs! I was young enough not to know who it was while being old enough to stay up that late! I adored Father Serducci (sp?). I loved John Belushi's samurai hotel concierge. And oddly, since I don't generally like Dana Carvy (I am so bad with names...), I loved the lounge singer he played singing "Choppin Broccoli".

And I agree about anything Steve Martin. One of my very first favorite characters on SNL were the wild and crazy guys.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 08:39 pm
"Hey, who's the dentist here?"
0 Replies

patiodog

Or was it barber? Crap.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

patiodog wrote:
I had no bed time growing up, so Letterman and the "old" SNL people had a big influence on me. My teachers could never figure out where the hell I got my sense of humor

Hah, that sounds a lot like me. Except I watch Conan O'Brien rather than Letterman, and most of my teachers just think I'm insane and patronize me a lot, gets really annoying. But the way I get back at them is in my mind hilarious. I wait until the class is absolutely silent, and I rip a huge fart, I'm talking about man farts. But that seems to only make them dislike me more. Laughing
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 08:40 pm
How old are you, child?
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 08:42 pm
patiodog wrote:
How old are you, child?

16, going on 17
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 08:48 pm
Ah, hell, I was going gray by then.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 08:52 pm
patiodog wrote:
Ah, hell, I was going gray by then.

Hah, maybe you are joking, but my mom started graying at like 23. Laughing
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 08:53 pm
Was it Dan Akroyd as the schmoozy lounge singer?
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 08:55 pm
I'm rather surprised you're that young Child. My first shock of gray showed up at 18. It appeared to be strategically placed, and I've only received complements on it, so I've never dyed it.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 08:55 pm
panzade wrote:
Was it Dan Akroyd as the schmoozy lounge singer?

Bill Murray I think. Star Wars, nothing but Star Wars, and if they ever bar war...I hope they let this one stay. Laughing
0 Replies