Pursuing a girl

drmmr89

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2014 12:41 am
Hi!

I've been a lurker for a while.

I'm wondering, when is it right to "pursue someone?"

Many months ago there was a girl. I cut off communication with her when I got the feeling she wasn't interested. I wanted to respect her space.

I think I was wrong to stop so short and make assumptions. Is there any shame in trying again?

I have trouble pursuing an interest, balancing pride and being respectful. Is there an allowable degree of persistence?

Thank you!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 580 • Replies: 2
No top replies

jespah

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2014 08:40 am
@drmmr89,
Since women aren't one size fits all, the degree of interest, respect, etc. cannot possibly be predicted.

Should you pursue? Maybe. If this woman is committed to someone else, then no. If not, then perhaps. Pursuing can take several forms. Most people, I think, will welcome some attention. Following along in your car at night while she walks home from the bus is probably taking it too far.

If I were her, I'd wonder about the lack of communication. Frankly, I'd be a bit pissed at someone who only maintained contact with me if they felt they could get something out of it.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2014 09:18 am
Yup - making assumptions can really mess you up - unless you are a mind reader.

Stop thinking so much about what you THINK other people do/say/want and start getting your own needs met. Prepare yourself to not be so sensitive.
Women like confident, friendly, respectful men.

Ask this lady for coffee or a walk TODAY.
0 Replies