Who murdered the Black Dahlia and why in 1947

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2014 12:36 pm
According to Wikipedia, on this day, January 15, 1947, The body of Elizabeth Short (Black Dahlia) was found in the Leimert Park district of Los Angeles.

Her mutilated body was severed at the waist and completely drained of blood.[7] Not only was the body bloodless, but her body had been obviously washed by the killer as well

Widespread speculation, leading to many suspects, along with several books and film adaptations of the story. Left the police with one of the oldest unsolved murder cases in Los Angeles history"

All right all of you Law and Order would be detectives, what does the condition of the body mean to you?

Hint: what person would have the special equipment needed to drain the blood.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 6 • Views: 667 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2014 04:07 pm
"what person would have the special equipment needed to drain the blood......."

Nosferatu?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2014 04:36 pm
The Abominable Dr. Phibes
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2014 04:58 pm
@Rickoshay75,
Let's just leave Count Dracula out of this please.
farmerman

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2014 11:06 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
What does "Alices restaurant" have to do with the Black Dahlia murder?
Lustig Andrei

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2014 01:42 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

What does "Alices restaurant" have to do with the Black Dahlia murder?

What does anything have to do with anything on this thread?
farmerman

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2014 01:53 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
serious
glitterbag

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2014 03:05 pm
@farmerman,
A mortician or morgue would have that equipment that could do such a thing. I've read several books on the Black Dahlia and it seems practically impossible at this time to really know who killed her. I need to refer to a book at home, I think one publication mentioned a man who suspected his father may be responsible for the murder. I remember thinking the son's suspicions might have some merit, but not so much merit it proved his father (medical doctor) guilty beyond a shadow of a doubt..
Rickoshay75

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2014 05:51 pm
@glitterbag,
A mortician or morgue would have that equipment that could do such a thing. I've read several books on the Black Dahlia and it seems practically impossible at this time to really know who killed her.>>

According to the police report, she was last seen walking away from her hotel - so the Mortuary had to be nearby.
glitterbag

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2014 06:15 pm
@Rickoshay75,
Well, I don't think decided to stop by the mortuary for a free sample. I just know I didn't do it, it happened before I was born.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2014 07:25 pm
Quote:
Rickoshay said: Her mutilated body was severed at the waist and completely drained of blood

Well that's conclusive enough, ALIENS done it!
They do it regular to cattle-
WIKI- "A hallmark of these incidents is the reportedly surgical nature of the mutilation, and unexplained phenomena such as the complete draining of the animal's blood"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cattle_mutilation
0 Replies