NORAD had drills of jets as weapons 2 years before 9/11

hobitbob

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 04:56 pm
I haven't fpound it online, but local news services in the DC area di have footage of a plane hitting the pentagon. It was all over the DC and Baltimore stations.
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 09:12 pm
If NORAD had practiced, or even thought about using jet airliners as weapons some two years before 9/11, why is that not common knowledge? A great many people tried to say in the 9/11 hearings that no one in the government had been warned about it, or thought about it, as it was unimaginable?
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 09:55 pm
It hasn't been all that long ago that passenger planes in the U.S. and elsewhere in the world were being highjacked fairly regularly. Most ended peacefully once the highjackers were flown to wherever they wanted to go. How could we know this wasn't that kind of scenario?

Even if the unthinkable was suspected and the president was notified, can you imagine that he would order four passenger planes loaded with civilian passengers shot down without some proof of intent? If you were president, would you have given that order?

Now that our innocence has been shattered, next time we might do it. I don't know though. That would be the hardest decision a president might ever have to make.
0 Replies

infowarrior

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2004 07:28 am
I don't think Bush could've given the order to shoot down an airliner.

However, I do think Cheney could've easily given such an order. This is a ruthless man, and by now just about everyone understands that it's Cheney who is running the Bush circus.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2004 02:24 pm
Everybody is entitled to his/her opinion. Re your low opinion of Cheney, considering Cheney's vitae, bio, and a lifetime of accomplishments, I thing you will have a really difficult time finding any documented or empirical evidence for your opinion.
0 Replies

infowarrior

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2004 02:53 pm
You're finally correct about something: everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. :wink:
0 Replies