sound/voice navigation system

WBYeats

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 02:28 am
I try typing the name of a system in my language into the Wikipedia bar but get nothing.

On the mobile phone there's a system that allows you to use your voice to control the movements of the phone, like dialing or checking emails, presumably used when one's driving, as talking on the phone while driving might be illegal in some countries; what is this system called in English? I have tried typing similar things in online dictionaries and got nothing.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 488 • Replies: 5
No top replies

McTag

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 02:38 am
@WBYeats,

Voice actuated?

Look at a couple of advertisements in English for the device, and the answer should be there.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 02:41 am
Great! It's illegal to talk on the phone, but not to the phone. Legislative logic is a wonder to behold.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 03:47 am
@WBYeats,
"Hands free", I think.

"Bluetooth" might lead you in a similar direction as well.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 12:26 pm
Voice control and voice command seem to be commonly used phrases:

Quote:
ZTE has announced the Grand S II smartphone at CES. Featuring the company’s voice control technology, the phone will allow users to have a better handsfree experience like voice recognition unlocking, voice photography and more.

Quote:
Voice Control is a feature available on the iPhone 3GS that allows users to speak to their iPhones and have the iPhones speak back. The feature works with both the iPod and phone apps of the iPhone 3GS.

When it comes to the phone, Voice Control is especially useful if your iPhone is in a pocket or you're driving and want to keep your eyes on the road while making a call. Here's how to use Voice Control with the phone:

Quote:
Voice command device
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A voice command device (VCD) is a device controlled by means of the human voice. By removing the need to use buttons, dials and switches, consumers can easily operate appliances with their hands full or while doing other tasks. Some of the first examples of VCDs can be found in home appliances with washing machines that allow consumers to operate washing controls through vocal commands and mobile phones with voice-activated dialing.

0 Replies

WBYeats

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 10:25 pm
Thank you~
0 Replies