Politics Gone Wild! Is he a nut? Or is he a liar?

panzade

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 09:47 pm
It looks like an interesting idea...Bill aren't we sorta doin that in Florida with Lotto money?...or is that a sham?
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 09:48 pm
Anyone could tell we were talking about Buchanan...
<hee>
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 09:51 pm
damn, I thought we were talking about Art Buchwald
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 09:53 pm
I miss Art
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 09:54 pm
You can't make up anything anymore. The world itself is a satire. All you're doing is recording it.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 10:03 pm
What politicians say and how it eventually plays out are two different things - even with the best of intentions - I wouldn't put any of my own money on it. Remember about the recent drug benefit approved by congress? Bet most of you don't have any idea how the damn thing works.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 10:04 pm
I always wanted to get into politics, but I was never light enough to make the team.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 10:08 pm
panzade wrote:
It looks like an interesting idea...Bill aren't we sorta doin that in Florida with Lotto money?...or is that a sham?

Total sham. It was sold as a school benefit, but almost all of the money has been diverted. Of all the Bushes, we got the worst.
0 Replies

Tarantulas

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 10:08 pm
I voted "not a fair question" because one of the choices wasn't "He's a politician making a promise in an election year."
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 10:09 pm
dys, The only requirement for most is to earn that law degree.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 10:09 pm
10 million new jobs
0 Replies

Tarantulas

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 10:14 pm
+ a big tax increase to pay for it.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 10:26 pm
Florida got the worst Bush? I also thought he was an up and comer until I heard this week that Jeb is trying to give drivers' licenses to illegals. Is that true?
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 11:03 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
Florida got the worst Bush? I also thought he was an up and comer until I heard this week that Jeb is trying to give drivers' licenses to illegals. Is that true?
Considering the enormous number of illegals here, and the lack of insurance, that's really not that bad of an idea.

Our grade school system, on the other hand, may be the single best example of bureaucratic wastefulness mankind has ever known. Kids have to bring everything from soap to paper towels with them to go to school in semi-trailers (literally), while the school board kicks back in one of the most beautiful (and expensive) buildings in West Palm Beach. It makes me sick to drive past it. Meanwhile, kids are graduating high school with less education than I had before entering high school. The Florida Lotto was sold as a solution to improve the schools, but most of the money is used elsewhere and what's left doesn't make it past the bureaucrats. I would not raise children here. Up north by Panzade perhaps, but not any of the more populated areas. It's enough to make you sick.

I didn't start this thread because I think Kerry is a horrible liar. I was merely showing that he's no different than the rest of them (save Ross Perot :wink: ). The conviction in his voice as he promised the kids a free ride in exchange for service was absolute… which tells me he could easily lie about anything… because that is simply not going to happen. So choose your favorite liar.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 11:07 pm
Man I hate to see your cynical side Bill. But the illegals thing is because the liability of having 'em all driving without insurance is too big a burden for the people who dutifully pay their own insurance. You hit it right on.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 11:25 pm
Well here in New Mexico, uninsured motorist insurance is a big chunk of our premium. That's because a big chunk of the licensed drivers don't bother to get insurance or dump it immediately after they get their licenses. So issuing drivers licenses to illegals won't solve that problem.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 11:45 pm
You know what Foxy? I don't really know. It's time for bed. Night all.
0 Replies

Jim

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 11:52 pm
Apparently Senator Kerry believes the government has the wisdom and the resources to successfuly solve every problem for everyone. Heaven help us.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 11:56 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
Well here in New Mexico, uninsured motorist insurance is a big chunk of our premium. That's because a big chunk of the licensed drivers don't bother to get insurance or dump it immediately after they get their licenses. So issuing drivers licenses to illegals won't solve that problem.
The same thing is true about uninsured motorist insurance here, but I think a "registered" illegal would probably pay the premium.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2004 04:39 am
Quote:
I voted "not a fair question" because one of the choices wasn't "He's a politician making a promise in an election year."

Tarantulas - You "scooped" my answer! Sad

I have an idea that would make someone a fortune. Write a book that details all the presidential campaign promises that were never kept. The only difference with Kerry, as opposed with prior contenders, is that he is somewhat more "creative" in his campaign promise fantasies!
0 Replies