Trying again after rejection

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2014 10:26 pm
I was just reading some of these questions.

Would you ever consider contacting, possibly reconnecting with someone who rejected you in the past? On the flip-side, if you rejected someone would you be totally against the person trying many months to years later, for example?

I've always wondered. There's many factors, people can change, gain experience and confidence, perhaps bad initial timing, mood, bad first impressions, nervousness, possibly someone panics, jumps the gun, etc. Perhaps they were dating or had a crush on someone else. Who knows?

I'd imagine it'd be much harder for the rejecter to initiate.

I have been rejected a bit. I've always wondered if I just sent that email, or re-approached in person. Curious...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 2,069 • Replies: 3
No top replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2014 08:51 am
Define "rejection" - did it mean just saying no to a date, not returning a smile - or was it an ignore or being told to bug off?
In-lovebk0803

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2014 09:36 am
@ronaldmexico,
I dated a woman about 15 years ago and broke up with her. The relationship just wasn't going anywhere that I wanted it to so I broke up with her. Just a few months ago, she sent me a text message. She got my number from an old friend and sent me a text at first just saying she wanted to catch up and see how life was. After the initial, hey how are you she confessed that she really wanted to ask me out and see if we could try again so many years later because she had good memories of our first relationship. I 100% would have given her the opportunity had I not already been in a loving relationship. People change over time. Needs and just overall life circumstances change over time. I wouldn't be afraid to reach out as long as you keep in mind that you may get rejected again. This woman reached out to me in such a nice way, but since I am already in a relationship I let her know that I was flattered by her request(it's always nice to know that somebody thinks of you in a positive way), but respectfully let her know that I was in a committed relationship and wished her luck.
0 Replies

ronaldmexico

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2014 01:49 pm
@PUNKEY,
Indeed, rejection to a 'date' proposal after getting to know that person a bit. Such as, had coffee together, talked, or coming out of the "friend-zone." Essentially, there was interest to a point, and commonality.
0 Replies