How do I get her to listen to me?

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 03:31 pm
My best friend and I are basically no longer friends anymore. It's been about a year and a half, we still talk casually in public but never just sit back and talk or hang out anymore. We have a pretty crazy past together and I want to get rid of that part of my life once and for all. The only thing I ask from her is that she gives me a few hours of her time to tell her how I feel about what happened before, and then she will no longer have to see me. SHe knows what i want to talk about, not openly though, but she knows and I guess she's not ready to deal with it herself, but i'm really sick of letting everything get to me all the time. How can I just get her to listen to me, just for a bit so I can rid her of my life?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 722 • Replies: 6
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 04:19 pm
Try writing her a letter.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 04:24 pm
Quote:
How can I just get her to listen to me, just for a bit so I can rid her of my life?

Whatever past the two of you have shared, her life belongs to her and your life belongs to you.

Your post sounds as though you would be happy/happier with a dramatic Final Scene. She seems to be avoiding confrontation--and she has every right to do so.

By wanting the Final Scene (which you admit is for your benefit rather than hers) you are the one who is hanging onto the past.

Why does she "owe" you a few hours? So that your memories will stop getting to you? Doesn't she have a right to leave her past in a bit of a muddle? Perhaps she has dealt with this time and moved on.

Perhaps you should deal with the past--all by yourself--and move on. She is not responsible for either your happiness or your sanity--you are.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 04:33 pm
Noddy is dead right and Jespah has provided you with the solution. Use it.
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 04:42 pm
I'm not forcing anything on her. I know she hasn't delt with it, and it's not only for my benefit. I have things to tell her that I should have a long time ago that would most probably benefit her. I just don't want us to go on through out the rest of out lifes with unanswered questions and things always wondering.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 05:45 pm
Ah yes....closure.

Life would be so much easier if we could always have closure. Unfortunately, we can't. The best thing you can do for yourself is to express yourself. Write her a letter and mail it. It will be up to her to decide if she wants to read it and/or respond. But I wouldn't count on it. I would consider the whole matter settled the second I dropped it in the mailbox.
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 05:48 pm
Ok, thanks everyone. I have compiled a letter, it's actually in my back pocket, just have to get up the courage to drop it off.
0 Replies