Family Problems

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2014 08:10 am
How should I explain this... Sometimes I put light makeup, as in concealer here and there to hide pimple scars and all. And, yeah, usually nobody notices but this morning my mom was exceptionally sharp and saw. And she was ranting about it the whole day. I washed my face before I went out after all. But that's not the worst part. At night she brought this up to my dad . I was mad why she want to make such a big deal out of this so I kinda got a bit rude and all. It wasn't such a big deal at all and my mom was angry that I retaliated and started to scold me and said I am humiliating my family and why can't I be manly and stuff. (I'm in fashion design school and I cosplay) and yep, sums out the entire thing. She even said she can't wait for me to move out. I work hard all my life to please them and its very hurtful to hear her words. Its normal for them to be concerned but seriously, they have to bring everything to its worst every single time and now view me as a failure in life. Yes, I'm gay (Actually bi but meh same thing) so how the hell am I going to come out to them. It's virtually impossible and I have grown to hate the person I was born as.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,299 • Replies: 2
No top replies

PUNKEY

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2014 08:50 am
@ShadyGuy,
Well, at least you KNOW where they stand on these issues (Although concealer for a bad complexion is very common for both sexes.)

If you need their housing and financial support, I suggest that you keep things on the downlow because they just don't get it.

You sound like you have a career plan and are a good person, so just do your own thing - but don't bring it home.

Good luck.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2014 10:18 am
@ShadyGuy,
A lot of gay people have the same problem with reactionary parents who seem to think that being gay is a choice people make. It can be very difficult. As you're still living with them it's best to go through the motions until you move out. Once you're on your own you can be yourself. Your parents may come round. If they don't they'll be the ones missing out on a loving son.

Don't feel guilty, you can't help who you are. I'd google some coming out help sites, there is a lot of help out there, and you're not alone.

Stonewall is very good, but it's UK based and you sound American, but I'm sure there's plenty of good American sites too.

http://www.stonewall.org.uk/at_home/coming_out/
0 Replies