After 9/11- If YOU Were the President

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2004 10:42 am
Yes, sir, Bill. The hammer n sicle and swastika all on one flag.
0 Replies

unknown man

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2004 10:43 am
Have the whole world under somthing like the government from the BOOK of Starship Troopers
(good book, bad movie)
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2004 10:44 am
immigration shmimmigration. After a decade or two crossing country lines will be like going from Florida to Georga. Just don't forget to vote for me! Oh, and not only will I pay for College tuition, but I'll pick up the beer too!
0 Replies

unknown man

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2004 10:46 am
You bring the beer, I'll bring the votes!
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 05:52 pm
unknown_man wrote:
You bring the beer, I'll bring the votes!
Laughing
Don't let Kerry get wind of the strategy... He'll steal it for sure!
0 Replies

Centroles

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 08:12 pm
After 9/11, our allies stood behind us on the war on terror. In fact, even the middle east islamic leaders became aware of just how barbaric these terrorists are. Terrorist recruitment and funding dropped.

I would have taken advantage of this...

I would have gotten their support in going after Afganistan like Bush did.

I would have used the many many countries that pledged support in helping us fight terrorism to shut down terrorist camps, shut down finances to terrorists and really cut al queda at the throat.

I would have continued to fund the troops in Afganistan to ensure that Al queda doesn't reemerge as it is doing now.

I would've funded efforts to educate the people in the middle east to build irrigation systems, build roads etc. essentially help them help themselves.

Essentally, the many terrorist groups gained power and influence by providing these much needed serivices to people who desperately needed them.

They built schools for children where they taught them a lot including hate. They built hospitals, got people jobs etc.

By doing this, I would have had charitites take on their role.

I would ensure that the text books that kids get aren't filled with islamic extremism.

As their livign standards and education goes up, the number of people that hate us goes down.

This isn't a military war as much as it a psychological one.

I may have eventually gone after Iraq, but slowly after I got more evidence of Saddam's threat, I would have put UN in charge of the oil fields if that's what it took to get them to help us so that there would be little doubt of our intentions there, I would have prepared the military better, and I would have first gotten the UN to agree to take over for the nation building job after Saddam is gone.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2004 08:57 am
BBB
The real story of Iraq: Bad Days Ahead

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=23221&highlight=&sid=13c0ca4325b946fe317b9bc6e3947c16
0 Replies