How does your husband get on your nerves

eoe

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2004 04:46 pm
He caved. Finally. Said that he would no longer oppose anything I wanted to do in redecorating this house since I accused him of soffocating my creative spirit so, the bar goes next week. Yippie!
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2004 07:18 pm
My honey pushes the cat's buttons
I'm pretty easy going--I don't have many buttons that can be pushed to get my dander up. My cat, Tabitha, on the other hand is a scrappy cat. My honey knows how to push her buttons and that might get on my nerves a little--especially when the two of them are scrapping on the couch right next to me and I'm trying to watch television.

My tabby cat is "in love" with me. She follows me around like a two year old, cries until I pick her up, sleeps with me, and curls up next to me on the couch. She's jealous.

When my man and I sit on the couch together to watch anything, he loves to reach over--pet my leg or caress my arm and coo "nice mommy, nice mommy." He's not doing it to be affectionate, he's doing it to annoy the cat. She comes running right over (she can't help herself--she's jealous in an obsessive-compulsive way) and she sits between us. If he tries to touch me after that, she hisses and snarls at him.

Then the scrap session begins--he will touch her tail. She hisses and slaps him. It goes on and on and on....apparently, they both love to scrap....but its does get on my nerves.

Why can't my cat love me obsessively without my man pushing her buttons? Gee whiskers.
0 Replies

SueZCue

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2004 10:04 am
So funny, Deb! My cat, Ashlee, is the same way and my husband likes to push her buttons too. Too cute!

I really don't have any complaints or aggravating habits to discuss about my husband.

After my first marriage I knew what it was I didn't want and chose accordingly.

Close to perfect as it gets.

Hey, you know what they say about having to kiss a lot of frogs . . . .
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2004 11:35 am
Brave Cat
SueZCue wrote:
So funny, Deb! My cat, Ashlee, is the same way and my husband likes to push her buttons too. Too cute!

Oh yes. My man is 6'2" and 210 pounds. My tabby is 8 years old and weighs 8 1/2 pounds. She almost never backs down. It takes a lot of scrapping before she will give up her spot between mommy and daddy.

When she's had enough scrapping, she jumps down. That's only momentary, however. My honey calls to her sweetly, "Come here baby, mommy wants you." Her ears perk up and she comes running right back for more.
0 Replies