Ex keeps contacting me.. What does he want?

Ztw

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2013 06:20 pm
My ex of 8 years left me 8 months ago. he immediately started seeing someone else. As far as I know they are still together. He broke no contact last month first by texting my sister to find me(changed my #).
then before Thanksgiving by emailing me. He said he had a nightmare about me and wanted to make sure that I was okay so that he could sleep. I responded a few days later stupid I know. He responded asking me how I'm doing, a few inside jokes & that was it. I got extremely confused & upset so I turned off my mail entirely.

Fast forward to this month.: today I had to turn my mail back on for business.My ex emailed me 4 times Wednesday at 430am. I did not see them till just now. (he's a musician) he emailed me 4 of his new songs with his new band. Each email had one song & why I would like it. The last one said hope all is well merry Christmas! ..? I'm more angry than anything. I'm so sad & depressed. This is my first Christmas without him in 9 yrs.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 1,224 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Myopic

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2013 01:00 am
@Ztw,
You are sad, so is he. The nature of man (boys) is so mysterious. We can not spend whole of our lives seeing only one face, man wants to go through other faces/people to find the inner satisfaction. Being candid! It is just a sick belief that lovers for years (esp. a boy!) is not supposed to turn towards any other woman in their life. Man gets tired so quickly, avoids what he already has and seeks a new face that could provide him with greater exuberance/merriment/joy. But it is a cycle of failure. Women are recommended to find sometime to avoid what man does (though it is hard for sure), your guy will be back to you after the failure! He actually fails to find the inner satisfaction. It is because "you" were the answer of his question. No other man (man as human) can be the answer of his question. You are made for his inner satisfaction. He will come to you back. Don't reject him for this time, you will regret! but take some time to accept him.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2013 07:04 am
@Ztw,
Maybe it's a stumbling attempt to ensure you don't hate him, he might actually be trying to say, awkwardly, the last eight years weren't pointless. Or he might be a manipulative asshole.
jespah

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2013 08:24 am
@hingehead,
This ^.

Plus, change your number again and tell your sister not to give it out.
PUNKEY

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2013 08:52 am
@Ztw,
This is a crazy time of the year. Mark it off as nostalgia.

You are smart to keep it at a distance, however.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2013 09:03 am
@jespah,
jespah wrote:

This ^.

Plus, change your number again and tell your sister not to give it out.

agreed
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2013 09:07 am
@Ztw,
What THEY said.
Emotional time of year.
He's feeling guilty.
As a musician myself, I think it's telling that he's leaving little treats (songs).

No more contact! None!
Now go make arrangements to spend Christmas Day with nurturing friends and come back in the New Year to let us know how it went...
0 Replies