The Dangerous Side Effects From Ingesting Dietary Supplements

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2013 10:43 am
There are 55,000 or so dietary supplements out there, with few ever tested for safety and efficacy. Moreover, many are highly dangerous, often destroying a person's liver.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/22/us/spike-in-harm-to-liver-is-tied-to-dietary-aids.html?nl=todaysheadlines&emc=edit_th_20131222&_r=0
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 2,717 • Replies: 4
No top replies

roger

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2013 10:50 am
@Advocate,
I've kind of decided that anything that's effective is going to have some side effects. Also, some things that are not effective will also have some.
Advocate

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2013 03:52 pm
@roger,
You have to play the odds. If you take a supplement that you buy at a dollar store, the odds are not in your favor. (That stuff more often than not is made in China.)

Interestingly, one of the most dangerous drugs is Tylenol. Taking two of them puts you very close to a dangerous dose. Thus, if you also take another drug, just after taking Tylenol, which contains the main ingredient in the latter, you stand an excellent chance of losing your liver.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2013 05:46 pm
I take different supplements for different purposes. But I always study them and check to see what others have experienced when they took them. Everything - even the stuff your doctor gives you - check it out before taking any of it
0 Replies

AlanAurumrx

Reply Fri 12 May, 2017 04:40 am
@roger,
Some Dietary Supplements causes hazardous effects but there are a majority of dietary supplements in the market that can be greatly helpful to people.
0 Replies