how much looks, style quotient and mannerisms matter when looking for a life partner?

ksid866

Reply Sat 21 Dec, 2013 01:55 pm
I am a 35 yr old gay guy. I am dating this guy whose company I totally enjoy. he is intelligent, funny and caring. But my only problem is I dont like the way he dresses (loose jeans and tshirts), he walks akwardly too and his mannerisms are feminine and akward. In other words he is not 'cool'. I guess what I am trying to say is I am not attracted to him but I see him as perfect as a life partner otherwise. Also one reason could be that I am worried about how my friends will react to him. Is it important to be very physically attracted to a person for him being your life partner
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 1,367 • Replies: 6
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2013 12:07 am
This is common, gays or otherwise.

I'll be quiet and listen.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2013 04:35 am
Never mind about him. Look at yourself. Gay or straight, viewing people as if they were products for your consumption is a sign that you would not make a good "life partner" for any other person. Neither is the rather cold blooded way you make assessments of other people. You seem rather immature.
contrex

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2013 08:03 am
@contrex,
contrex wrote:
viewing people as if they were products for your consumption

Or fashion/lifestyle accessories, in fact any kind of adjunct or appendage. It seems as if you are assessing people in terms of their potential to reflect credit on you, and that you think of them as secondary in importance to yourself. As long as you continue to see the world and the people in it in such a self centred way, you will probably not find a "life partner". I assume you mean a partner for life? If you mean someone who will look good next to your decor and furnishings, and won't embarrass you at cool dinner parties with their haircut or accent, then you may well find someone as shallow as yourself. Watch out for jealousies and arguments though.

0 Replies

Jack of Hearts

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2013 11:48 am
@ksid866,

"Is it important to be very physically attracted to a person for him being your life partner"? No. Be mindful that physical attraction wanes over time, and even the beautiful people become bored with each other, (e.g.Hollywood). Who's appearance improves with age? Do you really think his will?
Not to kick the hive, but is your mate of a different station in life? If you are an RN nurse, and he's a house framer, - you both probably would live in a whole different worlds if it weren't for each other. That would make things problematic, also if he must change his comfort zone so as to be in yours - that would raise a red flag.
You come across as a confident man who sees himself as cool, attractive, well dressed, and you have no worries how about how your mate's friends would react to you. Face it, you're too good for him.

0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2013 07:05 am
I’m also going to say you’re very immature, you’re worried about what your friends are going to think? They sound like judgmental jerks, no wonder you’re still single at 35.
0 Replies

anonymously99stwin

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2014 11:45 pm
@ksid866,
It depends on who you are.
0 Replies