wmwcjr

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2013 02:57 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
I mean, in the old days there were two SEPARATE black and white races living happily side by side in America, but friction only began occurring when compulsory integration was forces on both races.

Utter baloney! Racists such as Romeo do far more damage to the cause of Christ than a horde of atheists.

Congratulations, Romeo, you have contributed to disbelief!

Hey, Romeo, what about KKK violence decades before there was even a civil rights movement? Oh, I forgot. You would never be expected to oppose such violence. You probably would have participated in lynchings.

What's the use trying to reason with this guy? It's just a waste of time. I should know better than to override the "Ignore" function.

Just imagine the love child (how about "hate child"?) that would result from the sexual union of Romeo the Racist and the Juliet who is better known as Pamela Rosa. Ugh, I'd rather not! Drunk
wmwcjr

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2013 03:27 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
Most likely, as in almost everything, there was a bell-curved distribution
between blacks that were happy and others that were not.

Yes, we all know dem darkies was happy a-pickin' all that cotton while givin' deference to their betters the white folks. Yowzah!

Another undeniable historical fact is that before the Russian Empire collapsed in 1917, there were Russian Jews who were happy with the way they were treated under the Czarist regime. Yes, indeed! Drunk
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2013 03:36 am
@wmwcjr,
TO BE CLEAR:
I offer no pretense of expertise (in the slightest)
concerning the happiness of blacks at any time nor place,
nor have I any knowledge of the contentment of Jews at any time nor place.

David
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2013 03:40 am
@wmwcjr,
wmwcjr wrote:
Another undeniable historical fact is that before the Russian Empire collapsed in 1917, there were Russian Jews who were happy with the way they were treated under the Czarist regime. Yes, indeed! Drunk
Were thay happy with how the commies treated them ???
0 Replies

revelette

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2013 07:09 am
I was told a story once by an older guy about how his best friend was a little black boy he played with. They would go to the picture show (as they called it) and he would get to go through the front door but his friend would have to go through another door and sit in up in the balcony. He asked if he could go sit with him and he wasn't allowed to. So no, it wasn't better before civil rights, not for the white folks who disliked the unfair treatment and not for the blacks folks being segregated out of swimming pools for fear of contamination or another any public place, utility, neighborhoods, jobs....

I think it has gotten better, but obviously, there is and probably always be hate and prejudice, the type seems to find more and more people and causes to hate. They may not go around in white sheets anymore, gotten too savvy for that, but they are there all the same, some of them just better disguised than others.

I don't watch Duck Dynasty, I find it a silly show, glad now I didn't join the bandwagon.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2013 10:58 am
@wmwcjr,
A thumb's up on that post, wmwcjr! What is so fascinating about racial bigotry is that many whites still don't "get it!." Even with all the human history that shows white discrimination against other whites - not only in the US but all over Europe.

I guess ignorance about human history is more common than we realize.

Most of us who have lived before and after WWII understand much of what happened to Asians. Now that Asians have proven themselves to be "good citizens" of this country, most discrimination (or outward discrimination) has disappeared - but I wonder.

People still don't realize how foolish and backward racial discrimination is. Their minds have been tainted for too long for them to change; they can't see any of the positives, but are able to remember all the negatives.

TNCFS
Advocate

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2013 11:07 am
@wmwcjr,
Your attack on Pamela Rosa is really stupid. She runs a thread on documented black racism against whites. That hardly makes her a racist.

You should start a thread on documented white racism against blacks. That racism certain exists.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2013 11:56 am
Quote:
wmwcjr said: Racists such as Romeo do far more damage to the cause of Christ than a horde of atheists

Oh yeah? Even Jesus snubbed a foreign woman-

"Then Jesus departed to the region of Tyre and Sidon.
And a woman of Canaan came from that region and cried out to Him, saying, “Have mercy on me, O Lord, Son of David! My daughter is severely demon-possessed.”
But He answered her not a word.
And His disciples came and urged Him, saying, “Send her away, for she cries out after us.”
But He answered and said, “I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”
Then she came and worshiped Him, saying, “Lord, help me!”
But He answered and said, “It is not good to take the children’s bread and throw it to the little dogs.” (Matt 15:21)

He later changed his mind and helped her, but the moral is clear that we should look after our OWN people first.
For example Britain is being flooded with thieving Romanian immigrant scroungers and beggars but they won't get a penny off me..Smile

"Nigel Farage: We are experiencing a Romanian crime wave
Ukip leader Nigel Farage said London was “experiencing a Romanian crime wave”, suggested Romanians were responsible for 92 per cent of crimes at ATM machines.
Mr Farage then said: “This gets to the heart of the immigration policy that UKIP wants, we should not welcome foreign criminal gangs and we must deport those who have committed offences"
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/nigel-farage-we-are-experiencing-a-romanian-crime-wave-8829566.html
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2013 12:06 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
I offer no pretense of expertise (in the slightest)
concerning the happiness of blacks at any time nor place,
nor have I any knowledge of the contentment of Jews at any time nor place.

Very familiar call of the W.A.S.P. Loon(Morium Ignavus),
found in the marshes of Long Island with its head in the mud.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2013 12:14 am
@cicerone imposter,
The Irish potato famine drove many Irish to the U S of A in the 1840's. I have read where they were looked down on and discriminated against even more so than blacks. As I recall, and I might be wrong, they were referred to as lace curtian Irish.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2013 11:12 am
@RABEL222,
The discrimination against the Irish by other Irish in the US is well known.
There even was a song "No Irish need apply." Sound familiar?
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2013 11:16 am
@cicerone imposter,
From the UK's Daily Mail.
Quote:
'Whites suffer more racism than blacks': Study shows white American people believe they are more discriminated against
By DAILY MAIL REPORTER
UPDATED: 07:45 EST, 24 May 2011
52View
comments
White Americans feel they are more discriminated against than blacks, a new study reveals.
Sociologists from Harvard and Tufts universities asked 209 white and 208 black men and women to rate 'racism' against both ethnic groups since the 1950s on a scale of one to 10.
The results showed that while both blacks and whites saw anti-black racism decreasing over the decades, whites saw race relations as a 'zero sum game' where they were losing out as blacks 'gained' the advantage.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1390205/Whites-suffer-racism-blacks-Study-shows-white-people-believe-discriminated-against.html#ixzz2oPhjmP5M
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
neologist

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2013 11:30 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
From what i see on TV. . .
They don't call it the "boob tube" for nothing, Romeo.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2013 04:11 pm
@panzade,
At best Phil is being disingenuous. It may very well be that the blacks he personally knew seemed happy, but I'll bet he was well aware of the wider world and the reality of Jim Crow. I suspect he may have been having some "fun" with the GQ guy.

The best evidence that the only difference between blacks and whites are skin color and certain cultural norms is that both races have members who are kind, intelligent, brave, humble, and forthright and both have members who are stupid, savage, arrogant, cowardly and dishonest.

In any case, I'm not sure why anyone gives much of a hoot about what this guys says.

panzade

Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2013 04:24 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
In any case, I'm not sure why anyone gives much of a hoot about what this guys says.

Amen bro....
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 28 Dec, 2013 02:38 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
From the UK's Daily Mail.

Quote:
'Whites suffer more racism than blacks':
Study shows white American people believe they are more discriminated against
By DAILY MAIL REPORTER
UPDATED: 07:45 EST, 24 May 2011
52View
comments
White Americans feel they are more discriminated against than blacks, a new study reveals.
I remain confident of O% racism;
NO problem! Humorous.
HO HO HO!

David
0 Replies