Friend to More than Friend

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 05:26 pm
We've all been there, just talking to a person whom just days before was a friend, and you are struck in the face with 20 annoying little arrows. Recently this happened to me, and I'm kinda pissed because I don't want it to happen, but I can't control my feelings. So any advice?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,606 • Replies: 21
No top replies

doglover

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2004 12:36 am
Ouch! It sounds awful painfull to be struck in the face with 20 arrows!!! I wouldn't much like that either. Love (if that's what we're talking about here) should be a much more pleasant sensation. Like, say, a stirring in your loins. Embarrassed

Why are you pissed? What don't you want to happen? Is she like 12 or something?
0 Replies

Turner 727

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2004 12:54 am
Well, some people realize that once you cross that line you can't go back. Well, in rare cases you can. But those are, well, rare.

There have been times with people that I cared a great deal about, and loved them as a close friend. I wouldn't want a relationship with them because then that friendship would go away.

Maybe you could see how they feel about changing the relationship. If they don't (as I'm sure you're hoping) then it would be easier to keep on a friendship level. If they do want to change. . . well. . .I don't know. Run away, scream and hide? That could work. But I would make my feelings clear that while your heart may feel differently, your head wants it to stay the way it's always been.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2004 02:52 pm
doglover wrote:

Why are you pissed? What don't you want to happen? Is she like 12 or something?

I'm pissed because I just want to be friends. But I can't help the attraction.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2004 02:56 pm
I think I am going to make the obvious choice and push the the feelings down inside. BTW, I don't think I am in love with her, just attracted.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 08:12 am
Child of the Light wrote:
I think I am going to make the obvious choice and push the the feelings down inside. BTW, I don't think I am in love with her, just attracted.

Attraction most always comes before love. I don't see anything good about denying your feelings and pushing them aside. Let yourself go. Is the fear of falling in love with her really what's bothering you?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 08:22 am
Re: Friend to More than Friend
<snip> but I can't control my feelings. So any advice?

Give up. Roll over. Let life happen to you. It's fun sometimes.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 10:31 am
I just hate how we can't control everything about ourselfs. There you are perfectly happy with the relationship you have with someone, and then BOOM, it's totally f'd up by emotions..Grr. Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 10:35 am
love is no way to treat a friend, there ain't no cure for love.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 10:52 am
I just hate how we can't control everything about ourselfs.

Sometimes I think it's a miracle that most of us are toilet trained. Confused
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 10:56 am
Most of us? I just thought those fancy city folks did it. Embarrassed

But seriously, I think I will just try to find another lady to take my mind off her. It's amazing how fickle the heart is.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 11:10 am
I'm gettin' confused.

You were/are in a relationship? Someone else made yer heart go thud? Yer gonna find another female-type to distract you from one/both?

We're so busy controlling our bowel movements here in the city, that we don't have time for romantic complications.

[size=8]<do you think he'll realize i'm being silly?>[/size]
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 11:26 am
All wrong you are. She has just been a friend, and I really didn't feel I needed a female-type person until recently. So now I will find a female-type person and stay friends with my friend. Sound good?

Oh God, I just crapped myself.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 11:29 am
I don't know child...there might be some mysoginistic issues here.

Was it a crap-type crap?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 11:34 am
Cotl, I see where I misread what you'd posted about being happy with the relationship you had (being up from 3 - 5 a.m. with a sorta sick little dog has fuzzled my brain).

You're right, it can be messy moving from a friendship to a more than friendship relationship, but sometimes it's really the most glorious thing. What can be better than loving your best friend? I think quite a few people on A2K can vouch for it.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 11:34 am
Nah, I assure you it's just sexist.

The crap was more of a chili type crap. Sad
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 11:36 am
EhBeth,

I understand what you are saying, but I don't think I'm gonna try the leap. I'm happy how things are now.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 11:40 am
ahh, the country-style Saturday chili crap. i hope there wasn't too much chile in the chili. if there was, i offer my sincerest sympathies.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 11:47 am
ehBeth wrote:
ahh, the country-style Saturday chili crap.

Just think about what you said. Laughing

Don't feel too bad for me though, my buddy has been getting on my nerves lately and he loves chili Twisted Evil
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 11:55 am
there's a little bit of canajun humour in there. we've got a donut chain called country style, which like all donut places, now serves chili. their chili is famed for its rush to errrrrrrr (hehehehehe) pungent. Laughing
0 Replies