Why do people deny evolution?

spendius

Sun 25 May, 2014 03:22 pm
@spendius,
Some eminent psychologists have claimed that there is such a thing as "orgiastic" public service. The Fabian Society was accused of indulging in the practices flagrantly in public view. It is now become acceptable and is seen hourly on TV and often whole wodges of programming are devoted to it.

It was said to derive from being a hopeless ****** and having ambitions far in advance of capacities. So much so that it has become necessary to confuse orgiastic public-spiritedness with intelligence and selfless sacrifice with sanctity.

Any evolutionist, even one of the lowest stripe, could inform such people that both coflations of meaning are ridiculous and that they are denying evolution in practice even if paying lip service to it all the while.

And a half-wit could warn them of the errors of flagrant displays of dedication to the common good and believing that political talk translates into political action in the engine room.

So my 11th reason for denying evolution, the 9th and 10th being in the two posts that have not been rebutted, peer-review style, is to avoid being seen as a two-faced hypocrite.

glitterbag

Sun 25 May, 2014 03:57 pm
@spendius,
Can someone explain what in the living hell he attempting to explain. Perhaps this jargon makes sense to cult members but it's not telling me anything. But definitely not you, spendius, you simply are not making any sense to me and this jargon sounds like imaginative nuthouse outbursts.
giujohn

Sun 25 May, 2014 04:08 pm
On the subject of evolution let me add that, ironically, religion is the result of human evolution.
Man, having developed a neo-cortex, is the ONLY species that knows it will eventually die. Religion is merely a construct to reconcile that knowledge by conjuring up the notion that life continues after death and a "controlling authority" to oversee it.
Frank Apisa

Sun 25 May, 2014 04:15 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

On the subject of evolution let me add that, ironically, religion is the result of human evolution.
Man, having developed a neo-cortex, is the ONLY species that knows it will eventually die. Religion is merely a construct to reconcile that knowledge by conjuring up the notion that life continues after death and a "controlling authority" to oversee it.

You know that how?
edgarblythe

Sun 25 May, 2014 04:19 pm
@Frank Apisa,
He knows it by using his brain.
giujohn

Sun 25 May, 2014 04:24 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Thank you Edgar...I would only substitute neo-cortex for brain.

Frank Apisa

Sun 25 May, 2014 04:31 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

He knows it by using his brain.

My guess is that he does not know that...and neither do you.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Sun 25 May, 2014 04:33 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

Thank you Edgar...I would only substitute neo-cortex for brain.

It is okay, John. You can say that you actually do not know...and you will not turn into a pumpkin...or whatever else you think would happen if you acknowledge you do not know something.

Are you absolutely positive no other animal knows that it will eventually die...or are you just guessing that?

spendius

Sun 25 May, 2014 04:58 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
But definitely not you, spendius, you simply are not making any sense to me and this jargon sounds like imaginative nuthouse outbursts.

If you want my advice, gb, it is that you stick to that position for as long as you can.
0 Replies

giujohn

Sun 25 May, 2014 05:11 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I absolutley know that no other species knows they are going to die....and in annwer to your next question...because we are the only species that has a NEO-Cortex.
Frank Apisa

Sun 25 May, 2014 05:17 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

I absolutley know that no other species knows they are going to die....and in annwer to your next question...because we are the only species that has a NEO-Cortex.

Glad you caught the fact that you screwed up with the posting...and redirected it to me.

Mistakes can be made, John...nothing wrong with making mistakes.

Anyway...if you are going to insist you absolutely know that no other species knows they are going to die...

...it means you know of all the other species that exist...

...and you know for certain what it takes to know that you are going to die...

...and you do not know how to say that you do not know the stuff you do not know.

That last part is the most important part of my reply.

If you are going to stick to this kind of discussion, John, you really ought to learn how to acknowledge that you do not know the stuff you do not know.

If you insist you know stuff it is almost certain you do not know...

...you will make yourself look silly...and hurt what might otherwise be a reasonable argument.

Of course, that may be your goal.

That I do not know.
spendius

Sun 25 May, 2014 05:22 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I wonder what Apisa actually does know.
0 Replies

giujohn

Sun 25 May, 2014 05:35 pm
@Frank Apisa,
If you can identifiy a species that has a developed a neo-cortex or higher brain function that would allow for that awareness and can communicate that awareness I will entertain the notion that I am wrong. As to your notion that there may be one out there we havent found yet...I will leave that to those who search for big foot. I would also like to know how YOU know what I know or dont know...but I can say that what I know, I know and what I dont know hasn't been learned yet! (Have fun w/ that!)
Frank Apisa

Sun 25 May, 2014 07:30 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

If you can identifiy a species that has a developed a neo-cortex or higher brain function that would allow for that awareness and can communicate that awareness I will entertain the notion that I am wrong.

One, you are assuming that awareness and communication skills are essential to knowing you are going to die. That is a gratuitous assumption...made just to bolster your assertion.

Two, you have no idea of how many species live in this universe...and neither do I.

I find the fact that you are needing conditions in order to entertain the notion that you may be wrong...laughable. You should also.

Quote:

As to your notion that there may be one out there we havent found yet...I will leave that to those who search for big foot. I would also like to know how YOU know what I know or dont know...but I can say that what I know, I know and what I dont know hasn't been learned yet! (Have fun w/ that!)

Have a ball, John. But you would be much better off dealing with the truth...rather than your rather unusual rendition of it.

You do not know anywhere near as much as you want to suppose you do.

Develop the strength of character to acknowledge that. That will lead to maturity.

giujohn

Sun 25 May, 2014 07:43 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Universe? I never said anything about alien species. As for asumming, I believe I am qualified enough to say that when I hear a duck quack and I see it walk its safe to open a can of orange sauce. Now it may be a goose imitating a duck but its all good eating just the same.
But I would like to ask you a question. Are you GOD? I mean you got that white hair /beard thing going on and you kinda favor him. Just wondering.
Quehoniaomath

Sun 25 May, 2014 11:23 pm
And, despite all this postings, with lots of talks and lots of irrational insults.
still NO EVIDENCE.

with regards to evidence:

All quiet on the western front! Wink
Frank Apisa

Mon 26 May, 2014 02:54 am
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

Universe? I never said anything about alien species.

You said: "Man, having developed a neo-cortex, is the ONLY species that knows it will eventually die."

"Only species" means only species!

In any case...you do not even know whether man is the only species on planet Earth that knows it will eventually die. But it sounds as though you will not be able to acknowledge that.

Quote:

As for asumming, I believe I am qualified enough to say that when I hear a duck quack and I see it walk its safe to open a can of orange sauce. Now it may be a goose imitating a duck but its all good eating just the same.
But I would like to ask you a question. Are you GOD? I mean you got that white hair /beard thing going on and you kinda favor him. Just wondering.

I do not know if I am GOD or not.

If you actually exist (something else I do not know)...more than likely you do not know if you are GOD or not.
spendius

Mon 26 May, 2014 04:14 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Quote:
with regards to evidence:

All quiet on the western front!

There's plenty of evidence that some here do not want to discuss why people deny evolution. Which obviously means that they are trolling the thread.

Here's reason No 12. Evolution is ghoulish. It's proponents sanitize the subject as a method of hoaxing us that it's all sweet and reasonable. That they refuse to answer questions about it tells us that they have something to hide.

And people will insist on denying that they are ghouls used in the sense of delighting in the macabre.
Quehoniaomath

Mon 26 May, 2014 04:19 am
@spendius,
Quote:
There's plenty of evidence that some here do not want to discuss why people deny evolution. Which obviously means that they are trolling the thread.

Here's reason No 12. Evolution is ghoulish. It's proponents sanitize the subject as a method of hoaxing us that it's all sweet and reasonable. That they refuse to answer questions about it tells us that they have something to hide.

And people will insist on denying that they are ghouls.

lol

Hilarious....but true none the less!

You are right, they are Trolls, and then they denie they are Trolls and so, the have to project we are Trolls.

It's very funny to see......from a distance.

I mean if they teach to kids thay are brainwashing them into this shite.

That serious business!
spendius

Mon 26 May, 2014 06:40 am
@Quehoniaomath,
What I find so ridiculous is that they set aside the centuries-long wrestle between science, logic and rationality with sexual morality with nothing other than blurts of self-complacent fatuity.

But, as Mandy Rice Davies said, nearly, "well--they would wouldn't they?"

Cheap and easy women is their aim. Misogynist sophistry. Which will rebound on them when women turn to science, logic and rationality.

Reason No 13. People deny evolution in order to protect the last vestiges of sexual morality.