Why do people deny evolution?

NealNealNeal

Tue 26 May, 2020 02:32 pm
@Setanta,
He has proven it to billions of people.
MontereyJack

Tue 26 May, 2020 02:42 pm
@NealNealNeal,
tthere is no proof. there's only evidence-free belief..
farmerman

Tue 26 May, 2020 02:47 pm
@farmerman,
sorry, my left hand is having a bit of a control issue today. Ive developed a tic that makes my remaining part of my hand just tremble every so often. Ill repet that and try to correct the typos
NealNealNeal

Tue 26 May, 2020 02:51 pm
@MontereyJack,
You are wrong.
God has revealed Himself in several ways. For example, He brings to life the spirit of the sinner.
NealNealNeal

Tue 26 May, 2020 02:56 pm
@farmerman,
Have you prayed to God about it? Have you seen a doctor?
MontereyJack

Tue 26 May, 2020 03:01 pm
@NealNealNeal,
thare's no proof there. the whole concept of original sin is purely unverifiable opinion. And a cynical attempt at guilt tripping and social control.
farmerman

Tue 26 May, 2020 03:02 pm
@farmerman,
I read it Dobbie but I find it only full of conclusionary statements not a smattering of evidence.
Read (please do some reading) about Jeff Bada and his redo of Millers old experiment except in several different possible earth environments (undersea thermals at spreading centers and pool of oxies and muddy salts)

Before Bada went on his own path he worked with Miller, and he "inherited" Millers notes and specimen bottles (Miller died in 2007) (With new technology in GC/MS biochemistry Bada discovered that Miller had really created at least 24 different amino acids and other biomonomers.

Bada has performed repeatable experimnts that are able to create many amino acids (in earths early "reducing" environment). He found that
Peptide bonding amino acids can occur in several specific environments, including:
1. he created a "black smoker" and discovered that in a "saline buffer zone" off the smoker the experiment produced 22 amino acids and several other peptide linking monomers (amide to carboxyl)

2. Metal reacting hydrothermal pools (where the metal reactions occur as oxyhydroxide iron (goethite) tubules and Oxides (Limonite ) and Alkali and Iron carbonates (Siderite) . These occur in 3.8 billion year old minor zones
oxygenated "mud puddles of hydrothermal mineral rich water.

A scientist will really try his ass off to conduct some repeatable experiments before even suggesting that he knows whats up in the biochemical world.
Bada has not discovered (or his experiments have not created some other amino acids and polymerized amino acids. So hes getting up in years (hes about 79 yers old and has a lot left to offer.) Hes still looking for the other possible 49 polymers from amino acids. No papers have been published except as prepub op -sci pieces. However, his ideas and findings are a whole lot more compelling than the conclusions that you seem to prefer (conclusions absent data and evidence)

The difference between you and real science is that YOU HAVE NOTHING IN YOUR ARGUMENTS QUIVER. Your ID "scientists" dont even have a plan for any xperiments or even better. DO YOU KNOW of anyone out there whose got good repeatable evidence that these peptides are part of a cosmic "bar code" planned by a super intelligence.
Be Honest.
0 Replies

farmerman

Tue 26 May, 2020 03:12 pm
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
I clearly stated that amino acids had been made in the lab and were naturally occurring as well
Your argument is inane. You re ducking the entire issue that all the Aminos can be made exnihilo via earth geochemical processes. You are somehow , trying to "hitch a ride on science" By stating that these same amino acids can be made in a lab. NO SIR, Youve missed the point entirely so now you wanna try some of your position less debate

The "creation" in a lab is the attempts in reproducing the Hadean. Where does your "evidence" show up to attempt to explain how an IDer must be in charge. Everything youve presented is a religious "guess" with nothing behind it xcept assertions. Science certainly doesnt work that way.
farmerman

Tue 26 May, 2020 03:26 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
It is possible for a human mind to imagine something as complex as a protein forming as a result of naturally occurring chemical processes even if the odds are vanishingly small. Then multiply that by the thousands of protein types needed. Still you could say, well given enough time, multiple universes, etc. it could happen. It sounds desperate to me but You can’t say the odds are zero. I should add that even the 'evolution explains everything' crowd can’t defend this 'Protein World' scenario, so they usually default to something like 'RNA world' as a precursor to first living cell. RNA is basically half of a
To me this is the core of your thought.

1Miller and Urey and Bada didnt create amino acids on a "Minor occurrence. THEY cooked it up every single time and when Bada took over to reproduce the early Hdean "climate and geography and atmosphere. He actually found that the sparking energy actually made additional aminos.

2RNA is not just "half of DNA" it is the basis for the entire gene sequence for prokaryotic ribosomes and ALL the nucleic acids of the genes ofviruses , and ribosomes of archea (I thought you said you unerstood Margulis and Woese??
0 Replies

farmerman

Tue 26 May, 2020 03:28 pm
@NealNealNeal,
every couple months i see my urologist. Whose medicating you?
NealNealNeal

Tue 26 May, 2020 03:36 pm
@MontereyJack,
I understand your pointof view
0 Replies

NealNealNeal

Tue 26 May, 2020 03:43 pm
@farmerman,
God helps me with my spiritual needs and sustains me physically.
I have several doctors who help me with my various physical needs.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Tue 26 May, 2020 04:07 pm
Quote:
Leadfoot Quote:
I clearly stated that amino acids had been made in the lab and were naturally occurring as well

Farmer:
You re ducking the entire issue that all the Aminos can be made exnihilo via earth geochemical processes.

Read this several times and still can’t figure out why the man can’t see that what I said and what he said are the same thing. Except for the 'exnihilo' part. That, I assume, was thrown in to sound 'scientific'.

I wonder if he knows what ex nihilo actually means.

And no, that wasn’t the core of the argument.
farmerman

Wed 27 May, 2020 01:14 am
@Leadfoot,
So, I ay that youve missed the dilemma that you were writing around.
Youre entire segment was a "diss" regrding the formation of these biochemicals "Even if they could occur at highly infrequent moments"
Thats youre BS, As it was discovered over and over and over and over again , it happens very time in earth''s Hadean toxic environment. You seem to want to employ incredulity as your main point of "evidence", its just not so.
Of course whatever has been always was , but it does change its chemical makeup through time. (Ive recently become a fan of Bob Hazens findings about where all the complex salts and ores and carbon based compounds came from since there were less than 50 initial elements in the earths crust (all in an order of their availability)

As I ask over and over, wheres some evidence to support your belief?.
You have convinced yourself that when something just looks chemically rigorous, it must be a product of some mind. Your views of the amine compounds need to be reviewed .The fact tht, in the ribosome machine, RNA is the only compound that catalyzes amino acids into Proteins (including the ribosomes own proteins). I know that you havent taken that up before.
This is very strong evidence that RNA has a very very deep time function. So your "dissing" of an RNA "world" is based on ignorance of biochemistry and not , as you think, some deep insight into the failings of science. Im not a fan of the RNA world but My accounting is NOT based on a pre digested concluion , friendly to my worldview.

Even so, there are a few basic things that science is dealing with (As per Eigens paradoxes),evidenced from the chemical "fossils" of 3.5 Billion years ago, its that metabolism seems to have run the entrance of life, not replication. There are several globs of species of Archea that still exist as "immortal beings" as long s the food supply nd sunlight or thermal gradients continue. Replication was a consequence not THE driver.

Im not as smugly convinced that science is right, however the evidence seems to point its way .
I repeat to the point of being as simplistically repetitious as Ollie, when you find more than your IDers arguments based on much more than "I supposes..." or "it sure looks like is was run off a blueprint" or"DNA looks to me like a barcode and barcodes had to be originally
designed by humans" you should publish. Some good, if not convincing, at lleast something that would stop one in his (or her) tracks and say'Wait a minit, there's something to that vidence.
I dont think science is going to wait for you though.
farmerman

Wed 27 May, 2020 01:16 am
@Leadfoot,
PS, its been recognized by psychologists that failure to address the target of your insults is definately a symptom on the arc of "PAssive Agressive personality disorder"
Whe you talk ABOUT me, try to talk to me. Im here you cannot erase me
0 Replies

livinglava

Wed 27 May, 2020 03:11 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

You have convinced yourself that when something just looks chemically rigorous, it must be a product of some mind.

What our minds do is a product of the chemistry of our brains.

Before consciousness 'woke up' inside brains, it must have 'woken up' in other forms.

You assume that only brain matter can be conscious, but how can something like the brain evolve a trait like consciousness without it existing in other forms in similar chemical systems prior and/or elsewhere?

Consciousness is aware of the mind because of how the brain works, so if there is consciousness at other levels than organisms as we know them, then that consciousness must experience whatever systems it is part of in the same way we experience our minds.

You are assuming that the brain is the only 'chemically rigorous' system that experiences conscious awareness of mind, but that is because your consciousness is locked inside the mind of an organic brain that is programmed to recognize similarity in other humans first, other animals second, and only slightly perhaps in other non-animal organisms. At other levels of organization besides individual organisms, we just aren't equipped to identify the possibility of consciousness occurring, even though everything in the universe is some form of 'chemically rigorous' system.
Leadfoot

Wed 27 May, 2020 05:00 am
Quote:
its been recognized by psychologists that failure to address the target of your insults is definately a symptom on the arc of "PAssive Agressive personality disorder"
Holy crap! I’ve stumbled into a website of nothing but Passive Aggressive posters!
0 Replies

Jasper10

Wed 27 May, 2020 05:17 am
@livinglava,
My view is that consciousness can untangle itself from the organic brain,but still stay part of it,definitely.
MontereyJack

Wed 27 May, 2020 06:01 am
@livinglava,
Do some research in ethology. It has become more apparent that other animals are self-aware and mat pretty much all human behaviors have analogues in some degree in non-human animals.
livinglava

Wed 27 May, 2020 08:48 am
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:

My view is that consciousness can untangle itself from the organic brain,but still stay part of it,definitely.

'Untangle itself' how exactly?