124

Why do people deny evolution?

Leadfoot

1  
Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2020 11:45 am
I love’em. A most ingenious and efficient design.

I’m asking if you can plausibly explain how it could have come about ‘naturally'.

1  
Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2020 12:21 pm
@Leadfoot,
Im not an authority on the biochem of ATP and oxygen transfer by eukaryotes, everything I learnt is from reading and discussion with colleagues

Ive asked you to read stuff by Lynn Margulis because she was the one who first noted that the Mitochondria in all animal and plant life appeared to be free living at some time before the somatic cells did assimilation of the free living MtDNA and annexed and extended the mtDNA in their own cells. If you woulda payed attention to me back then when you were asking other questions similarly scripted by AIG and DI.
Lynn MArgulis, who died in 2012 had first been poo poo'd by science .She's been "resurrected" by science (especially recent work at Cold Spring Harbor where Margulis work on
endosymbiosis was tested and found acccurate by Koonin (2010) and by Lane and Martin (2010) who argued the ionic transfer systematics in mtDNA in eukaryotic symbionts.
I was a fan of her work because it actually made sense from an ecology and worldwide species distribution through geologic history.The veracity of her "circumstantial evidence" was borne out by other evidence that showed throughout geologic history species were NEVER a mish mash of all "kinds" from early to recent ages. Everything lived in its environment and in its time and mtDNA of many species show that they have not fully assimilated their own mitochondria because the species had changed its life style or environment.
Cheetahs' are such an example .

I predict that polar bears WILL evolve (eg the subspecies in the Hudson Bay estuary is already changing its diet based on an open sea environment and the irATP needs will be entirely different from those bears that were basing their diets on stealth attack).

I asked you to at least scan Margulis"evolution of the eukaryotic cell" a few years ago. You insulted me that all I could do is post some paper and be done. Since you believe you are as smart as Dr margulis but dont want to be bothered with the actual work involved, Im gonna leave you with that recc .
Leadfoot

1  
Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2020 12:57 pm
I have not disputed that mitochondria might have been 'free floating' entities. Might very well have. That’s one reason I chose them as an example. You can’t get much simpler and yet so inexplicable by abiogenesis/evolution.

I’ve said many times that I’m not interested in trading books and papers, you would claim any I brought up as tainted in some way. I’m only interested in discussing things person to person.

We'll talk cars next time.

Setanta

1  
Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2020 01:11 pm
References to abiogenesis are religionist bullsh*t. How life arose is irrelevant to evolution theory. There can be no evolution until there is life--how it arose simply has nothing to do with with the process. Religionists drag that one out because they have nothing else to talk about. They certainly come up with nothing to falsify evolution theory.

In fact, it's the camel's nose under the tent. It's a silly attempt to introduce their imaginary god into the discussion.What a lame load of purest horsewh*t.
Leadfoot

1  
Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2020 01:28 pm
@Setanta,
We can talk about dogs next time.

2  
Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2020 01:53 pm
@Leadfoot,
well , thats encouraging. You wanna assert things but you dont wanna hear what others have to say.

You can’t get much simpler and yet so inexplicable by abiogenesis/evolution.
protista, and archea and six "lugged" bacteriaphages dont count as life??

Have a real nice day.

Setanta

1  
Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2020 07:19 pm
@Leadfoot,
You can't tell me what to "talk about," or when. You're full of puppy poop.