Why do people deny evolution?

farmerman

Fri 13 Sep, 2019 07:48 am
@oralloy,
Opinions are just that. I think Ill go with collegiate peer review processes than consider the politically motivated mutterings of an internet gamer.
I undertand your point, I just dont buy it .
Olivier5

Fri 13 Sep, 2019 08:39 am
@oralloy,
"Hysteria" is meant as insulting and you know it.
oralloy

Fri 13 Sep, 2019 09:53 am
@Olivier5,
"Hysteria" is an accurate description of this global warming nonsense.
oralloy

Fri 13 Sep, 2019 09:55 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
I think Ill go with collegiate peer review processes than consider the politically motivated mutterings of an internet gamer.

Go ahead and adhere to bad science all you want. But don't expect the rest of use to buy into the nonsense.
farmerman

Fri 13 Sep, 2019 09:58 am
@oralloy,
"rest of us"?
oralloy

Fri 13 Sep, 2019 10:07 am
@farmerman,
I think the left will find that there are plenty of Americans who don't buy into this bogus science and will resist any political attempts to impose harsh cutbacks in our energy production.
Olivier5

Fri 13 Sep, 2019 12:51 pm
@oralloy,
Now you're being hysterical...
oralloy

Fri 13 Sep, 2019 01:55 pm
@Olivier5,
That is incorrect. I am not making a huge fuss about a supposed catastrophe that can't even be proven with reliable data.

All I am doing is rolling my eyes at people who are making a huge fuss about a supposed catastrophe that can't even be proven with reliable data.
0 Replies

farmerman

Fri 13 Sep, 2019 01:58 pm
@oralloy,
of course, and I was once one of them till I really took time to look at the various data streams and attending AGU conferences .

As far as your assertions on "pan-actinide power", May I make the following

Knowing that a Tomato is a fruit , we call knowldge

Knowing not to cut up a tomato into a fruit salad, is wisdom.

Seek some wisdom by trying to understand why most of the other actinides will make poor isotopes for nuclear power production
oralloy

Fri 13 Sep, 2019 02:04 pm
@farmerman,
They will do just fine in a sodium-cooled reactor.

And then there is no need to securely store them as waste for 10 million years.
farmerman

Fri 13 Sep, 2019 02:09 pm
@oralloy,
let me know when you find enough at a reasonable price and without environmental concern of other transuranics. Wed be packing curium (Which iotope ya think?) till milk cows evolved to butterflies
Thorium and radium can be used simply because theres enough out there, the rest of the heavy weights (including curium) would take several years to make one subcrit mass .

rosborne979

Fri 13 Sep, 2019 02:25 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

I think the left will find that there are plenty of Americans who don't buy into this bogus science and will resist any political attempts to impose harsh cutbacks in our energy production.

And if nobody was proposing harsh cutbacks to our energy production, would you even care about climate change at all?
oralloy

Fri 13 Sep, 2019 02:26 pm
@rosborne979,
I don't care about it either way. It isn't worth paying attention to.
0 Replies

oralloy

Fri 13 Sep, 2019 02:30 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
let me know when you find enough at a reasonable price

What are you talking about? These actinides are generated within the reactor itself.

farmerman wrote:
and without environmental concern of other transuranics.

What other transuranics? These actinides are the other transuranics.

After they are consumed in a reactor, transuranics are no environmental concern at all.

farmerman wrote:
Wed be packing curium (Which iotope ya think?) till milk cows evolved to butterflies
Thorium and radium can be used simply because theres enough out there, the rest of the heavy weights (including curium) would take several years to make one subcrit mass .

We can make a critical mass using U235 or Pu239 or U233.
farmerman

Fri 13 Sep, 2019 05:19 pm
@oralloy,
you are really not making any sense, Of course they are products of fission in nuke reactores.Thats what I told you erlier .So why are you trying to isolate them and use em as fuel.(You insisted that these products can individually be isolated and used as fuel) DIDNT YOU?

You can isolate , say curium, at the mass of 18 milligrams per long ton of spent reactor fuel.

I think youre jut dodging now.
farmerman

Fri 13 Sep, 2019 05:23 pm
@oralloy,
so now , basically you are admitting that were already dealing with transuranics (Lanthanides and actinides are just a Periodic table space holder).
Transuranics are the entire heavies batch of rad elements. 3 of which have use or possible use in nuke power. The others need to be isolated and we see that there aint too much to del with, except for detectors or exit signs.
Im pitchin but you aint catchin boy.
oralloy

Fri 13 Sep, 2019 07:30 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
(You insisted that these products can individually be isolated and used as fuel) DIDNT YOU?

No. I said nothing about isolating anything.

farmerman wrote:
I think youre jut dodging now.

No. I was pointing out facts, like I usually do.
oralloy

Fri 13 Sep, 2019 07:31 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
so now, basically you are admitting that were already dealing with transuranics

Admitting??

You're the one who was referring to transuranics as if they were something other than transuranics.

farmerman wrote:
The others need to be isolated

No they don't.

farmerman wrote:
Im pitchin but you aint catchin boy.

That's because you are posting a lot of nonsense.
0 Replies

farmerman

Fri 13 Sep, 2019 07:57 pm
@oralloy,
when you say we can use "Actinides" you re admitting that the breeder reactor is primarily creating the Pu? the rest of them are just riders on the rod.

I think ouve done a gungasnake and merely changed your position (by quietly admitting that "Using actinides" was an oops term on your behalf when what you really meant was a single isotope of Pu).
Ill accept that.
Your self- esteem problems are really showing by this mantra shouting about "how your always right". I guess you dont get many invites to seminars or conferences .

oralloy

Fri 13 Sep, 2019 08:20 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
when you say we can use "Actinides" you re admitting that the breeder reactor is primarily creating the Pu? the rest of them are just riders on the rod.

It is true that breeder reactors create Pu. But this language "admitting" is pretty strange.

farmerman wrote:
I think ouve done a gungasnake and merely changed your position (by quietly admitting that "Using actinides" was an oops term on your behalf when what you really meant was a single isotope of Pu).

I've not changed my position. I have not made any mistake. By actinides, I mean every single isotope of uranium, neptunium, plutonium, americium, and curium. Maybe a few others too.

I question whether gungasnake changed his position. His arguments have been pretty consistent.

farmerman wrote:
Your self-esteem problems are really showing by this mantra shouting about "how your always right".

What is this nonsense about self esteem? I am within my rights to set the record straight when dishonorable people try to pretend that I have a history of frequent errors.
0 Replies