Why do people deny evolution?

farmerman

Thu 18 Apr, 2019 04:13 pm
@Helloandgoodbye,
no, you explain what it says, in your own words. Thats what Id do if I felt it so compelling. When the dude lied in the first 15 minutes about subjects of which you are apparently ignorant but I am not, what am I going to learn that I don't already know??
Liquefaction is a local force. Think about this, if liquefaction were responsible for laying out the different layers, where did these layers come from originally?? Weren't they deposited?

Your "logic" sounds kinda dum-ass doesn't it.
Like your Gran Canyon story that the flood carved out all this canyon in a few weeks. Well, where did all the formations that the "Flood" carve out come from??
Helloandgoodbye

Thu 18 Apr, 2019 04:43 pm
@farmerman,
You have to get something more in that brain of yours other than evolutionary ideas, doctrine and interpretations. Lied? 🤦‍♂️Just because it doesn’t line up with your beliefs n interpretations huh?
Local force now, yes, but not in the distant past, Read up!
farmerman

Thu 18 Apr, 2019 05:19 pm
@Helloandgoodbye,
NO, it was a damned li. Any first yar geo student knows how stratigraphy is determined and that sedimentary veds do not spread world wide.

You didnt answer my comment about what caused all those beds to be there originally in the Grand Canyon or those for which your Youtube lecturer blames on "liquifaction " alone.
You will never learn anything if you just read Bible tract science.
Liquifction gives us clues about its occurences by leaving tracks like "mud volcanoes" or actual forests and deposits of younger layers being sucked into older layers(PSSSS, The layers were already there). Youve actually gotta see what it looks like in the field,Dont read about it from some ignorant dewey who has no idea of what he testifis on youtube. (I imagine that all he can bet on is that you are dumber than he)

Any ideas about some inventions or beefits to society or resources that have been based upon Creationist "science"?

Hard aint it?

0 Replies

VikramSidhu

Fri 19 Apr, 2019 04:19 am
@JimmyJ,
It is critical that the voting public have a clear understanding of evolution. Adaptation by natural selection, the primary mechanism of evolution, underpins a raft of current social concerns such as antibiotic resistance, the impact of climate change and the relationship between genes and environment. So why, despite formal scientific education, does intelligent design remain so intuitively plausible and evolution so intuitively opaque? And what can we do about it?
rosborne979

Fri 19 Apr, 2019 04:36 am
@VikramSidhu,
Yes. What can we do about it?
Olivier5

Fri 19 Apr, 2019 06:17 am
@rosborne979,
I would say: teach it better, more matter-of-factly, with more attention given to the way the theory of evolution evolved over time, and to the current limits of the theory ie what we don't know or can't explain yet, and less condescention for people's intuitions of design. These are natural in a way, and calling them stupid just doesn't work.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Fri 19 Apr, 2019 09:53 am
@Helloandgoodbye,
Quote:
I can remember reading a C.S. Lewis book, and how he illustrated a 3 demensional being trying to explain and reveal things to a 2D being....Hard to wrap our heads around.

Yes, yes, I've heard and read all the illustrations about the 'Trinity', like water, ice and vapor, like mother, daughter and wife, blah, blah bla.. I've looked at all the silly geometric diagrams showing how they are related. But any reasoning man cannot help but see that there are two separate and individual identities being spoken of in the book. Does this mean that there are two Gods? Of course not, and if you missed the fact that Jesus took every opportunity to point out his deference to his Father, I question your hermeneutics.

But here is where I get ******* emotional. You take the story of God almighty sacrificing his beloved Only Begotten Son out of love for us, and turn it into a cheap parlor trick that God played on us.

As for accepting those impossible to grasp concepts that we must take on blind uncomprehending faith, I give you this:

Quote:
M't:13:23:
But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it;
Helloandgoodbye

Fri 19 Apr, 2019 11:48 am
@Leadfoot,
I used to take evolutionism on blind faith. Zero evidence there huh?

Here:
https://ariel.org.nz/what-is-the-unity-of-the-godhead/

The first evidence is found in Genesis 1:26, which states: Let us make man in our image, after our likeness

There is another Hebrew word, which does mean an absolute one: yachid...... So, if Moses had wanted to emphasize absolute oneness ofGod, he would have used the term yachid.

And more in the link👍

I leave you with this😉
https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/1-Thessalonians-5-21/
‘Prove all things, and hold onto what is good.’

Olivier5

Fri 19 Apr, 2019 12:05 pm
@Leadfoot,
Where I get ******* emotional is that christianity took the story of a human being sacrificing his own life out of love for the rest of us human beings, and turn it into the cheap mythology trope of a god sacrificing his son.
brianjakub

Fri 19 Apr, 2019 12:20 pm
@Leadfoot,
Do you believe that intelligence first created matter and now manipulates matter and is separate from it? Or, do you believe intelligence emerges from matter and therefore matter came first without an intelligent initiation?
farmerman

Fri 19 Apr, 2019 02:07 pm
@Helloandgoodbye,
Quote:
The first evidence is found in Genesis 1:26, which states: Let us make man in our image, after our likeness
. A simple science book will go to great lengths summarizing what and how we know about an aspect of evolution or natural science.
So , instad you take ONE line from a collection of tales told to desert dwellers nd you cal that evidence??

OOH Kayy.

I got some swamp bottom on sale real cheap. The Bible called it the Marshes of Gishom nd M'lah
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Fri 19 Apr, 2019 09:06 pm
@brianjakub,
Quote:
Do you believe that intelligence first created matter and now manipulates matter and is separate from it? Or, do you believe intelligence emerges from matter and therefore matter came first without an intelligent initiation?

Are you actually in doubt of my position on that? I think you arrived here after I did, but still, hasn't it been years you have been reading my rant about Intelligent Design?

0 Replies

Leadfoot

Fri 19 Apr, 2019 09:20 pm
@Olivier5,
Quote:
Where I get ******* emotional is that christianity took the story of a human being sacrificing his own life out of love for the rest of us human beings, and turn it into the cheap mythology trope of a god sacrificing his son.

I dunno man, he was either who he said he was or he was a lying son of a bitch. I assume you came to your conclusion based on his words? What about them convinced you that he loved us? It can't just be because he sacrificed his life, hell, a day doesn't go by when some jihadist or jilted lover doesn't do that.

The only reason to admire Jesus was because of the message he delivered to us. But I didn't think you identified with it. I could be wrong.
Leadfoot

Fri 19 Apr, 2019 09:31 pm
@Helloandgoodbye,
Quote:

Exactly. Us. Both of us, me and you, the two of us.

Now I expect the old - 'Oh, that was God using the "Royal We", you know, like the Queen might say to a servant, or even an empty room, she might say 'I think we shall have our tea now'.
Just seems a lot more pompous than the God I came to know.
fresco

Sat 20 Apr, 2019 12:26 am
@Leadfoot,
Smile I suggest you look up 'elohim', the word used in Genesis for 'God,' which turns out to originally mean 'gods' in the plural.
(..not that any of this has anything to do with the intellectual futility of evolution denial !)
Helloandgoodbye

Sat 20 Apr, 2019 07:24 am
@fresco,
https://www.gotquestions.org/meaning-of-Elohim.html
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Sat 20 Apr, 2019 07:42 am
@fresco,
Quote:
I suggest you look up 'elohim', the word used in Genesis for 'God,' which turns out to originally mean 'gods' in the plural.

Semantics aside, do you think God and his Son are two independent beings capable of independent thought and decision making or are they the same being and they exist independently only as another personality, like Jeckle & Hyde?

It's fine to provide links to other perspectives but on matters of theology, I'm only interested in the opinion of the person I'm talking to at the time. The only resident expert on God left some time ago, no one here has more potential access to him than another. As the book said, Let every man work out his own salvation... I don't necessarily want you to accept my view, I just want to know your view unfiltered by any 'experts'. After all, accepting the word of 'experts' is how most accepted Evolution as explaining everything.
0 Replies

Helloandgoodbye

Sat 20 Apr, 2019 07:45 am
Maybe a good time now to throw some stuff out there regarding Starlight.

Russell Humphrey’s has made many accurate predictions using his model, the 6,000 Old earth model. If anyone looking for a different, interpretation of things😉
Apx. 13, and 30 min videos.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BGvds-t5Jy0

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SXFnXro6ObA
Leadfoot

Sat 20 Apr, 2019 08:06 am
@Helloandgoodbye,
Most young earth believers do so because of the lineage of Adam to today. The claim that the word used in Genesis for 'Day' means literally a 24 hour day is fatuous. Any language scholar can tell you it can mean any arbitrary period of time, so the only real indicator is the lineage method.

Have you ever considered the idea that maybe Adam was created ~6000 years ago on a 4.3 billion year old planet? That maybe what we call 'human' is actually a different species than what they are calling Homo Sapiens? How can you tell how long ago God breathed his spirit into Man? It very well could have been 6000 years ago.

Do I know that is how it happened? Of course not, but as a theory it makes infinitely more sense and has way fewer contradictions than a 6000 year old earth.
farmerman

Sat 20 Apr, 2019 08:53 am
@Leadfoot,
We have civilization evidence from at least 25000 BCe, ans we have evidence of settlement and craft and industry to at least 50K. So what are we looking for, evidence of the "soul"?