Why do people deny evolution?

farmerman

Sun 24 Feb, 2019 08:14 pm
@Helloandgoodbye,
If you believe all that because it says it in the Bible, Im sorry that youre wasting your life on BS., because we can do cross indexing and show TREE RINGS that are over 10000 years old.
When fossils of dead animals from the Cretaceous show that theyd been scavanged by animals with the "munchies for meat" , that would provide just one observable piece of evidence that shows that animals were not all vegetarian.

Your Bible states things as attempts to xplain the world from their knowledge levels back then.Weve learned so much over the centuries that so much of that book needs to be viewed as allegorical tales, and more clever people would have seen that .(I even think that the writers of the Bible wrote these tales purely as symbolism "No one can be that dumb as to believe that there was a Worldwide Flood and Nobody is gonna add up the ages of the patriarchs to conclude that the earth is only 5004 +/- (14) years old????? NAAAH , people are smarter than that.

Fundamentalism is a terrible waste of a mind, or not to have a mind or something like that

Explain dagger like canine teeth on several ancient felids and one canid if they were all vegetarians, And how come there are clear forensic data points that show early humans had eaten mat because there are examples of marrow bone smash-ups adjacent to human camp sites, Later (about 100000K years ago, when we routinely used fire as a tool), we have clear evidence of fire pits with burnt bones with scrape marks, (Pretty convincing evience that there was a Paleo Bar b cue goin on).

These are all just teeny pieces of evidence that you could understand and interpret quite easily if you tripped over them.
Helloandgoodbye

Sun 24 Feb, 2019 08:44 pm
@farmerman,
U r Changing gears again farmerman. (Avoidance)What about ppl like Ken Miller?

I also love that Good science supports a ‘young earth.’ Tree rings included.
Not terrible interpretations of the evidence (To sum up evolutionism)
Just google it. 😉Ttysoon
0 Replies

Helloandgoodbye

Sun 24 Feb, 2019 08:50 pm
On a side note:
I have encountered ppl who try teaching the biblical position is that the flood was ‘local’....but really? Why would God send birds onto the ark right? Case closed. Interpretations interpretations.
farmerman

Mon 25 Feb, 2019 03:23 am
@Helloandgoodbye,
Ive not "changed subjects"> Ive attacked your belief strait up. You have no real evidence except for a book of moral tales with some history thrown in that keeps wandering into the supernatural.
Knowing that your "science" beliefs are pretty much debunked for many years still doesnt matter to you. You claim inerrancy for the Bible, no matter what real science evidence appears through the years.
Id be busy trying to figure out why the huge differences rather than just making some claims and then sticking your head neatly into the sand.

You and Grumpy are funny though. Ones a nihilist conspiracy theorist and you are a Fundamental Christian. You guys dont have any colleges that are accredited in Biology , Biochemistry or geology do you?

farmerman

Mon 25 Feb, 2019 03:33 am
@Helloandgoodbye,
Quote:
I have encountered ppl who try teaching the biblical position is that the flood was ‘local’

That actuallymakes more sense for the later use of the tale as a Biblical STory in Genesis. A worldwide Flood (besides being being evidence -free and actually scientifically disproven.

Its not "interpretation", its that you believe in silly tales as fact and truth. Im sure others have told you and have given up.
In my mind, you arent the real issue, youre just flat wrong , but kids whose minds are still malleable may be nearby and need to know that there are actually Christians, most of whose beliefs are fairly consistent with findings of science.

Dont you ever wonder why science findings are so in variance with yours??
OldGrumpy

Mon 25 Feb, 2019 03:59 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Its not "interpretation"

of course it is!!! it is ALWAYS someones interpretation.

Gosh, do learn some psycholgy, mate!
Helloandgoodbye

Mon 25 Feb, 2019 06:02 am
@farmerman,
Quote:’Ive not "changed subjects’
Yes u have. U asked about Ken Miller, stating that ‘science’ (I’m assuming u mean evolutionism) is compatible with biblical teachings. I laid out the reasons why nothing can be further from the truth. They are not compatible whatsoever, hands down! How the heck can anyone conclude such a thing?! Likewise with your beliefs.

If evolutionism is true, then the Bible is garbage. No if, and or buts.

U gotta distinguish The difference between religious belief that Bacteria can be created by non-life, and that life can like that can evolve into....well, whatever u guys conjure up.
But I get it. U guys are soooooo deep into your religion that you can’t admit evolutionism is NOT science.
Studying bacteria for example is science. What makes it tick.
Accredited? Like u need that to see that Bacteria cannot evolve (as an example)

Helloandgoodbye

Mon 25 Feb, 2019 06:07 am
@OldGrumpy,
Right?!
0 Replies

farmerman

Mon 25 Feb, 2019 06:47 am
@Helloandgoodbye,
I didnt "ask about Ken Miller" I provided him as an example of a Christian whose God is a transcendent being. Im a total non-believer mostly because theres no way in Hell to validate any religious being let alone a whole book of revelations.

Only the Fundamentalists believe as you and fortunately, theyre a breed thats enjoying a rather large bunch of expats as facts replace "revealed truths".

To compare the contents of the Bible with the contents of a science book is really dumb religion and totally stupid science. So theres no reason that the Bible cannot serve as revealed history of the Jewish and Christian religions, you shoul probably adopt Lewis Black's view of hizzown Judaic experience.
"My people were the MASTERS of BULLSHIT, so getting our attention by coming up with a good story is one of the ways we had to get everyone on the same path"

0 Replies

farmerman

Mon 25 Feb, 2019 06:52 am
@Helloandgoodbye,
If the schools arent "Accredited", youll never get anyone into a grad school were you can learn how to become that researcher into "bacteria"

Besides, theres so much more behind bacteriology than just identifying them (And in fact, even identification relies upon evolutionary links and how DNA is emplaced in what organelles.

PS, science has already "created " DNA with six nucleotides instead of just four. SCience has used hexadecimal logic from old computer systems to make building blocks of life (you should read more than just the BIBLE)
OldGrumpy

Mon 25 Feb, 2019 09:07 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
SCience has used hexadecimal logic from old computer systems to make building blocks of life (you should read more than just the BIBLE)

whhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatttttttttttttttttttttttt?

Are you saying here 'science' has created life????????????????????????????????

utter utter utter bollocks!!!!
farmerman

Mon 25 Feb, 2019 09:24 am
@OldGrumpy,
you should work more on your reading comprehension "skills". I said nothing of the sort moron.
OldGrumpy

Mon 25 Feb, 2019 10:00 am
@farmerman,
Really? are you that thick!?! :

Quote:
make building blocks of life

you can't be serious !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh little girl with no brain power at all!!!!

ha ha ha ha ha

when will you leave your mother's basement??

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

what an idiot with so much lack of logic! UNBELIEVABLE!
farmerman

Mon 25 Feb, 2019 12:39 pm
@OldGrumpy,
Im the one who is much smarter than you (ha ha.... etc etc). Im not patient enough to deliver your remedial education. Seek help and a qualified biology teacher dipshit.

I have an idea, why dont you start dating H&G??
OldGrumpy

Mon 25 Feb, 2019 01:46 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
Im the one who is much smarter than you

The arrogance and the stupidity and your vanity shows here, again.
looks like a narcisstic personality disorder to me. Alas, can't be helped,
Rather uncurable. Figures.

Explains a LOT about your behaviour in your very stupid and illogical postings.

Have a nice day, you idiot.

Now, I am going gray rock on you. Best thing to do with a narcissist.
fresco

Mon 25 Feb, 2019 02:40 pm
@OldGrumpy,
Laughing What do you mean 'going' ? You are going nowhere.
You are already the most boring respondent on this forum !
OldGrumpy

Mon 25 Feb, 2019 03:11 pm
@fresco,
Quote:
What do you mean 'going' ? You are going nowhere.
You are already the most boring respondent on this forum !

hmm, another stupid idiot that doesn't get it! and boring? well, don't read what I write and don't react then, eh?! simple and easy.

lol, those stupid narcissists always flock together.
edgarblythe

Mon 25 Feb, 2019 04:57 pm
It's a bloody tag team.
0 Replies

farmerman

Mon 25 Feb, 2019 06:01 pm
@OldGrumpy,
So you think that you re a clever writer??

Youre barely literate, what with pages full of ha ha's as your most biting critique.

I had to look up "grey rock" since youre the first person on a2k ever to call me a narcissist
0 Replies

Helloandgoodbye

Mon 25 Feb, 2019 07:04 pm
🤦🏼‍♂️
0 Replies