Why do people deny evolution?

Setanta

Wed 23 Jan, 2019 06:37 am
What is truly ridiculous is the consistent lying of the god crowd about who the intelligence in so-called intelligent design concept is. Oh . . . you weren't thinking about god--it could be anyone! Rolling Eyes
OldGrumpy

Wed 23 Jan, 2019 06:50 am
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
Both you and the judge are demanding that ID advocates prove that they are not thinking of God when talking about 'intelligence'. That's a ridiculous demand.

Yes! But don't forget they are ridiculous! they belief in a fairy tale and even worse,, these ridiculous people defend their nonsense!

It's amusing to watch though!
0 Replies

farmerman

Wed 23 Jan, 2019 10:53 am
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
Both you and the judge are demanding that ID advocates prove that they are not thinking of God when talking about 'intelligence'. That's a ridiculous demand.

Yeh, silly us to keep trying to interpret the US Constitution. "Congress shall make no laws regarding the establishment of a state religion"

My paraphrase of the establishment clause is how we (as a Democratic Republic) try to take the issue on.

YOU , by law, are able to believe and preach the religion that this entail but DO NOT try to pas it off as objective Science in schools or institutions that are set up and funded via the Public.

Qeve gone over and over this very point and you accuse ME of not getting it???

Ha
Leadfoot

Wed 23 Jan, 2019 11:07 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
What is truly ridiculous is the consistent lying of the god crowd about who the intelligence in so-called intelligent design concept is. Oh . . . you weren't thinking about god--it could be anyone!

See what I mean?
Thanks for the verification.
Leadfoot

Wed 23 Jan, 2019 11:21 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Yeh, silly us to keep trying to interpret the US Constitution. "Congress shall make no laws regarding the establishment of a state religion"

So all you gotta do to ban any idea you don't like is yell "It's Religion!!" and there you go. You claim to know the inner thoughts of others without any evidence (at least in my case). And then claim that thought to be a Constitutional violation. The absurdity is unreal.

Quote:
YOU , by law, are able to believe and preach the religion that this entail but DO NOT try to pas it off as objective Science in schools or institutions that are set up and funded via the Public.
ID is not a religion.
And you don't mind others, who object, being forced to pay for an education that is so biased that it is bastardized. And I mean everything from History to Biology. Small exception for Math, it's hard to get people to believe that 2 + 2 = 5 unlike in biology where ignorant people will believe virtually anything the establishment says.
OldGrumpy

Wed 23 Jan, 2019 12:53 pm
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
And you don't mind others, who object, being forced to pay for an education that is so biased that it is bastardized. And I mean everything from History to Biology. Small exception for Math, it's hard to get people to believe that 2 + 2 = 5 unlike in biology where ignorant people will believe virtually anything the establishment says.

Spot on! However, and I do understand you here, but there even is something really wrong with with conventional mathematics! That's for sure!
(I use a completely different system when I want to use mathematics,
the convention system of mathematics is very stupid, ugly and backwards!)

These people like fm have no clue why 'education' was created:

https://www.azquotes.com/picture-quotes/quote-i-don-t-want-a-nation-of-thinkers-i-want-a-nation-of-workers-john-d-rockefeller-60-70-52.jpg

But the whole thing is going down in the coming period.
However , some idiot will try to cling to this sinking ship!
0 Replies

OldGrumpy

Wed 23 Jan, 2019 12:55 pm
EVOLUTION INCLUDED:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/b3/bd/19/b3bd19d3917ab6f7dc6f9564ffc92b29.jpg
0 Replies

OldGrumpy

Wed 23 Jan, 2019 12:59 pm
http://integratingdarkandlight.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Carlin-Proud-Parents-of-Freethinking-Child.jpg
0 Replies

OldGrumpy

Wed 23 Jan, 2019 01:00 pm
http://ilovehumanity.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/george-carlin-governments-d.png
0 Replies

OldGrumpy

Wed 23 Jan, 2019 01:01 pm
https://i.pinimg.com/236x/19/a5/fe/19a5fef09c555909507d8c0e633a8620--trauma-to-fight.jpg
0 Replies

farmerman

Wed 23 Jan, 2019 01:24 pm
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
ID is not a religion.

Can you understand that the CONSTITUTION governs governments AND peoples practices in our nation. I have no idea where your hysteria comes from but Epperson, Aguillard, and Kitzmiller are all cases in which the aggrieved felt their rights were violated by being required to "accept" an academic principle that, was based on one brand of religion when the school system teaching was PUBLIC, NON PAROCHIAL.
You still have parochial schools systems that can teach science as they wish as long as the scholars produced can pass the state required skills test. (Its quite amusing that most parochial schools, except those founded through fundamentalist Christian Hassid Jew, Lubavitch Jew, and Fundamental Islam ),all teach science as SCIENCE not via a religious purview.

Why is it you wish your views be forced to be taught in Public schools, Im really confused why you should be trying to force fit a worldview into schools. What you believe is really of no concern to me or even an ineterest beside this discussion. But please dont be callin the duck a pelican.

Quote:
ID is not a religion.
How bout physics? or chem?. If youre gonna take on biology, you better roll up yer sleeves and get ready to take on all physical and biological sciences.

Im not a historian but I see us coming to new understandings about our history as time marches on. I was, and I think you too were taught many "truths" in history about which weve reached new conclusions .
Same thing with science. However, oneof the areas we havent yet changed any basic tenets is that we have seen no evidence of a "designer" involved. You, and Im referring to your most recent spiehl about a designer SO INTELLIGENT, that he could mimic evolution just to fool us. I consider this kinda beyond mere religion and more into the realms of magic. (Kinda like Dr Behe , who, when cornered in his
own xpert testimony during Kitzmiller(in which he represented ID as a Science and not a religion), HE actually stated that very soon, the SUPERNATURAL will be a scienceThis is summarized in Judge Jones opinion that said clearly that Dover School district (based on the above statement made by Dr Behe and other testimony) was guilty of violating the estblishment clause of the US CONSTITUTION and was therefore, not protected in its definition of science. In other words, the school district was basing its biology on a foundation set by GENESIS, not , the scientific method.

I dont know, maybe its me, But I feel that this whole brew ha ha was really made clear by Jones (op cit). ( BESIDES , It only affects one Fed Court District, but so far, no-one has seen fit to challenge Jones -----And even in the more Conservative (religion) states , I see that their Legisltures are stepping on school ditricts that want to challenge the establishment clause on their own. (MOst of those believe that Kitzmiller was poorly represented by the Discovery Institute , bcause they pulled out at the last minute and that screwed up their defense)

Y never get what ya want, but maybe, sometimes......
0 Replies

farmerman

Wed 23 Jan, 2019 01:31 pm
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
So all you gotta do to ban any idea you don't like is yell "It's Religion!!" and there you go.
Nobody is "banning" your ieas. The courts are there to protect any violations of our rights by the state. Pretty snappy eh?

The funny thing about civil rights, theres a bunch I agree with and some , not so much. BUT THEY ARE THE LAW LEADFOOT. Thats the genius of our system.'
This one is one I particularly support because, were it not there, wed have aFlying Spaghetti Monster High SChools teaching about "his Noodliness's act of creation"

You realize there are compounds of Russian ag schools that are still using Lysenkoist thinking, which , to my mind,is based upon what Id call "nihilism in practice".
farmerman

Wed 23 Jan, 2019 01:39 pm
what I find really funny Leadfoot, is that I know we are trying to discuss something upon which we disagree and , ruhing to your defenses is what I call a Lysenkoist of the Larrouche camp.

Im glad he supports you and not science.
IF YOU can (and Ive opened this request many many times and only hqve gotten silence from veryone except gungasnake whose struggled to sprad his own views) name me one fact of evidence upon which ID has been based and which has been used to support your worldview. (stuff like gunga often spouts, or anything really)
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Wed 23 Jan, 2019 08:54 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
The funny thing about civil rights, theres a bunch I agree with and some , not so much. BUT THEY ARE THE LAW LEADFOOT. Thats the genius of our system.'

You know they're desperate when they have to bring the law in to settle a scientific argument.
Setanta

Thu 24 Jan, 2019 12:49 am
@Leadfoot,
I see you had to edit my post, removing the rolly-eye in order to make your so very clever rejoinder. You're pathetic.
OldGrumpy

Thu 24 Jan, 2019 12:54 am
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
You know they're desperate when they have to bring the law in to settle a scientific argument.

EXACTLY

But even worse, these people here even don't see how the whole 'justic system' is corrupt and wrotten to the core.

But they have to cling to something, eh?!
0 Replies

farmerman

Thu 24 Jan, 2019 03:08 am
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
You know they're desperate when they have to bring the law in to settle a scientific argument
Which shows that you dont undesrtand at all.

It was a LEGAL ARGUMENT to start with, and it was settled using scientific evidence.

I
0 Replies

Aetherian

Thu 24 Jan, 2019 05:54 am
@JimmyJ,
Evolution is much more. Humanity is very old and is not native to this planet.
It is a long story , it needs an open mind to search for it.
We do not evolve from apes.The missing link is not to be found.
There was a race of giants and plenty of evidence for that.
farmerman

Thu 24 Jan, 2019 05:56 am
@Aetherian,
so where did apes come from?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Thu 24 Jan, 2019 06:55 am
@Aetherian,
Aetherian wrote:

There was a race of giants and plenty of evidence for that.

So much that you can't provide any.
0 Replies