Why do people deny evolution?

georgeob1

Thu 10 Jan, 2019 10:13 pm
@farmerman,
Yes I diverted into the Marine Base at Da Nang a couple of times when I was low on fuel. Very desirable - a night on the beach and the chance to get a little **** faced. The runways I believe you were describing were mostly for the Air Force and were in Thailand. We used to envy those USAF bastards. They were in a comfortable base in Thailand after every flight, while we got at best eight nights in Olongapo (near Subic Bay) after a nominal forty day line period in the Gulf (most were more like sixty days).

On an early deployment we were the subjects of some medical investigation group looking into symptoms of pilot stress. They had a vest kit we would wear during our flights to record the various parameters ( respiration rate, pulse & BP , O2 levels and a few other parameters. They were very surprised to find that during Night Carrier landings the Pilot stress was greater than that over downtown Hanoi. We could have told them that.
0 Replies

OldGrumpy

Fri 11 Jan, 2019 12:15 am
@georgeob1,
Quote:
Who's the judge of that? I thought it worked well.

think what ever you want. it's your birthright. However, we do differ on this piece of opinion. Oh well. it is what it is.
0 Replies

OldGrumpy

Fri 11 Jan, 2019 12:16 am
@farmerman,
'my' boys??????????????????

well that says it all!

Now back on topic. The extremely stupid and retarded THEORY called evil-lotion. Gee, it even looks if some people here would give their life, defending this deep non-sense. How come?
0 Replies

OldGrumpy

Fri 11 Jan, 2019 12:20 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
The Grumpter visits under various names, but all with the same fascination with his own brand of untestable science. The fact that we can repeat, predict, and model and design, means nothing .
I think he started off as a science major, flunked out, and has been trying to validate his own shortcomings on the backs of those whove worked hard to contribute

Quote:
The fact that we can repeat, predict, and model and design, means nothing

Hmmmm it seems some people believe everything they are being told as long as it is official' . what a joke it all is!

It really is very difficult to see that people believe all this evil-lotion shite.

Besides that, I am only stating my view. However some people can't handle that if my view is too different from the 'norm'. Why? I always thought we were free to think what we want. It seems not so.

0 Replies

OldGrumpy

Fri 11 Jan, 2019 12:44 am
O yeah and how about the 'origings of life'' having nothing to do with evil-lotion?

Really???

Quote:
It might be useful, with such a statement like that, to review some of these big events. Obviously one of the big events in our history was the origin of our planet, about 4.5 billion years ago. And what's fascinating is that about 3.8 billion years ago, only about seven or eight hundred million years after the origin of our planet, life arose.

Yep.All; of the above by a professor:

MARK D. PAGEL is a Fellow of the Royal Society and Professor of Evolutionary Biology; Head of the Evolution Laboratory at the University of Reading; Author Oxford Encyclopaedia of Evolution; co-author of The Comparative Method in Evolutionary Biology. His forthcoming book is Wired for Culture: Origins of the Human Social Mind.

yoo see, thye still cling to these non-sense!
0 Replies

OldGrumpy

Fri 11 Jan, 2019 01:59 am
How could it be more clear??????????????????????????????????????????

https://www.azquotes.com/picture-quotes/quote-and-let-us-dispose-of-a-common-misconception-the-complete-transmutation-of-even-one-dean-h-kenyon-72-3-0385.jpg
0 Replies

OldGrumpy

Fri 11 Jan, 2019 02:02 am
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:

https://images.gr-assets.com/books/1299129894l/633004.jpg

So, people like farmerman etc are the real fossils here?! lol
OldGrumpy

Fri 11 Jan, 2019 02:03 am
well, well, well

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41t67%2BzJqEL._SX330_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
farmerman

Fri 11 Jan, 2019 03:37 am
@OldGrumpy,
Denton is well known to everybody. I have no iea why you act lik its the first time hes been "on". As I said over and over, you Creationists will cling to many of these quasi religious systems of belief. "Directed Evolution" is still theistic evolution .

You can join Oristar when you preach that "Origings" (sic) should be classde together with natural selection.

Darwins theory and the facts behind it are always being considered for validity and quality.

I do notice that the covers of these anti evolution books (most self published) are getting snazzier and much more cartoon"ish". Could it be the covers mirror their contents within??

"If it talks like a Creationist/ writes like a Creationist/seeks validity from Creationists/ denies anything that isnt Creationism...Chances are, youre a Creationist bunkey. Congrats, now you can come outta your closet.

farmerman

Fri 11 Jan, 2019 03:39 am
@OldGrumpy,
Denton is well known to everybody. I have no iea why you act lik its the first time hes been "on". As I said over and over, you Creationists will cling to many of these quasi religious systems of belief. "Directed Evolution" is still theistic evolution .

You can join Oristar when you preach that "Origings" (sic) should be classde together with natural selection.

Darwins theory and the facts behind it are always being considered for validity and quality.

I do notice that the covers of these anti evolution books (most self published) are getting snazzier and much more cartoon"ish". Could it be the covers mirror their contents within??

"If it talks like a Creationist/ writes like a Creationist/seeks validity from Creationists/ denies anything that isnt Creationism...Chances are, youre a Creationist bunkey. Congrats, now you can come outta your closet.

0 Replies

farmerman

Fri 11 Jan, 2019 04:18 am
"...Still a Theory in Crisis" makes some neat concessions from Dentons almost 40 year old book "Evolution, a Theory in Crisis". It appears that Denton, long a denier of macroevolution has quietly added his support of "Common Descent" .

Since hes begun advocating for "Directed Evolution", I hadda go back and check for his rationale, and he now accepts "nested Hierarchies " and "common descent" as biological fact (He actually needs these because Denton has always denied the validity of the fossil record or biogeographical "similarities aand homologous structures".
It appears that his biggest denial is for neo-Darwinism (actually its a so what?).

Denton's first book, "...Theory in Crisis" was actually the key text that got the modern ID "religion" started. Phil Johnson and his "Darwin on Trial" arrived at a religious conclusion and Michael Behes "Darwin's Black Box" tried to sound like a molecular biologist and avoid ALL contact with religion by posing some scientistic" arguments like ."Irreducible Complexity"
farmerman

Fri 11 Jan, 2019 04:24 am
@farmerman,
HOLY CRAP, I went to the Discovery Institutes chat sections and was plased to find that IDers now accept both "Nested hierarchies" and "Common Descent" as biological and genetic facts. (I must have missed their memo)

I think you IDers may need to watch out or pretty soon your entire arguments are gonna cave in favir of nat selection and Mr Darwin.
gungasnake

Fri 11 Jan, 2019 05:02 am
Quote:
Why do people deny evolution?

Mainly because it is a bunch of bullshit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=WdqYPjA9VxA

They've gotten blind radiocarbon dating results for several samples of dinosaur remains now and those dates all come in a range of 20K - 40K years in the past. That translates roughly into a planet which is somewhere between a few hundred thousand and a few million years old, but almost certainly less than ten million. And it means that the theory of evolution is a total crock of ****.

gungasnake

Fri 11 Jan, 2019 05:03 am

A proof or disproof is a kind of a transaction. There is no such thing as absolutely proving or disproving something; there is only such a thing as proving or disproving something to SOMEBODY'S satisfaction. If the party of the second part is too thick or too ideologically committed to some other way of viewing reality, then the best proof in the world will fall flat and fail.

In the case of evolution, what you have is a theory which has been repeatedly and overwhelmingly disproved over a period of many decades now via a number of independent lines reasoning and yet the adherents go on with it as if nothing had happened and, in fact, demand that the doctrine be taught in public schools at public expense and that no other theory of origins even ever be mentioned in public schools, and attempt to enforce all of that via political power plays and lawsuits.

At that point, it is clear enough that no disproof or combination of disproofs would ever suffice, that the doctrine is in fact unfalsifiable and that Carl popper's criteria for a pseudoscience is in fact met.

Once again for anybody who may have missed this earlier:

The educated lay person is not aware of how overwhelmingly evolution has been debunked over the last century.

The following is a minimal list of entire categories of evidence disproving evolution:

The decades-long experiments with fruit flies beginning in the early 1900s. Those tests were intended to demonstrate macroevolution; the failure of those tests was so unambiguous that a number of prominent scientists disavowed evolution at the time.

The discovery of the DNA/RNA info codes (information codes do not just sort of happen...)

The fact that the info code explained the failure of the fruit-fly experiments (the whole thing is driven by information and the only info there ever was in that picture was the info for a fruit fly...)

The discovery of bio-electrical machinery within 1-celled animals.

The question of irreducible complexity.

The Haldane Dilemma. That is, the gigantic spaces of time it would take to spread any genetic change through an entire herd of animals.

The increasingly massive evidence of a recent age for dinosaurs. This includes soft tissue being found in dinosaur remains, good radiocarbon dates for dinosaur remains (blind tests at the University of Georgia's dating lab), and native American petroglyphs clearly showing known dinosaur types.

The fact that the Haldane dilemma and the recent findings related to dinosaurs amount to a sort of a time sandwich (evolutionites need quadrillions of years and only have a few tens of thousands).

The dna analysis eliminating neanderthals and thus all other hominids as plausible human ancestors.

The total lack of intermediate fossils where the theory demands that the bulk of all fossils be clear intermediate types. "Punctuated Equilibria" in fact amounts to an attempt to get around both the Haldane dilemma and the lack of intermediate fossils, but has an entirely new set of overwhelming problems of its own...

The question of genetic entropy.

The obvious evidence of design in nature.

The arguments arising from pure probability and combinatoric considerations.

Here's what I mean when I use the term "combinatoric considerations"...

The best illustration of how stupid evolutionism really is involves trying to become some totally new animal with new organs, a new basic plan for existence, and new requirements for integration between both old and new organs.

Take flying birds for example; suppose you aren't one, and you want to become one. You'll need a baker's dozen highly specialized systems, including wings, flight feathers, the specialized system which allows flight feathers to pivot so as to open on upstrokes and close to trap air on downstrokes (like a venetian blind), a specialized light bone structure, specialized flow-through design heart and lungs, specialized tail, specialized general balance parameters etc.

For starters, every one of these things would be antifunctional until the day on which the whole thing came together, so that the chances of evolving any of these things by any process resembling evolution (mutations plus selection) would amount to an infinitessimal, i.e. one divided by some gigantic number.

In probability theory, to compute the probability of two things happening at once, you multiply the probabilities together. That says that the likelihood of all these things ever happening, best case, is ten or twelve such infinitessimals multiplied together, i.e. a tenth or twelth-order infinitessimal. The whole history of the universe isn't long enough for that to happen once.

All of that was the best case. In real life, it's even worse than that. In real life, natural selection could not plausibly select for hoped-for functionality, which is what would be required in order to evolve flight feathers on something which could not fly apriori. In real life, all you'd ever get would some sort of a random walk around some starting point, rather than the unidircetional march towards a future requirement which evolution requires.

And the real killer, i.e. the thing which simply kills evolutionism dead, is the following consideration: In real life, assuming you were to somehow miraculously evolve the first feature you'd need to become a flying bird, then by the time another 10,000 generations rolled around and you evolved the second such reature, the first, having been disfunctional/antifunctional all the while, would have DE-EVOLVED and either disappeared altogether or become vestigial.

Now, it would be miraculous if, given all the above, some new kind of complex creature with new organs and a new basic plan for life had ever evolved ONCE.

Evolutionism, however (the Theory of Evolution) requires that this has happened countless billions of times, i.e. an essentially infinite number of absolutely zero probability events.

I ask you: What could be stupider than that?

Fruit flies breed new generations every few days. Running a continuous decades-long experiment on fruit flies will involve more generations of fruit flies than there have ever been of anything resembling humans on Earth. Evolution is supposed to be driven by random mutation and natural selection; they subjected those flies to everything in the world known to cause mutations and recombined the mutants every possible way, and all they ever got was fruit flies.

Richard Goldschmidt wrote the results of all of that up in 1940, noting that it was then obvious enough that no combination of mutation and selection could ever produce a new kind of animal.

There is no excuse for evolution to ever have been taught in schools after 1940.
gungasnake

Fri 11 Jan, 2019 05:08 am
@OldGrumpy,
Quote:
So, people like farmerman etc are the real fossils here?! lol

I prefer the term "academic dead wood".

Professing belief in evolution at this late date is like being the last European to worship Odin. There is no real excuse for it.
OldGrumpy

Fri 11 Jan, 2019 06:00 am
@farmerman,
Quote:

Nope, little boy, very wrong again!
It is ALL about the arguments, not where the arguments are coming from!
That is a HUGE ILLOGICAL MISTAKE ON YOUR PART!
( as always it is very easy to see that people indoctrinated by the universities CAN'T THINK AT ALL! , those clowns only repeat the fairy tale blindly.)

You are really stuck in your illogical and black and white thinking. which is a sign of stuck by trauma's at a very young age (education"?)
0 Replies

OldGrumpy

Fri 11 Jan, 2019 06:01 am
@gungasnake,
Quote:
Mainly because it is a bunch of bullshit.

E X A C T L Y !
0 Replies

OldGrumpy

Fri 11 Jan, 2019 06:02 am
@gungasnake,
Quote:

I prefer the term "academic dead wood".

Professing belief in evolution at this late date is like being the last European to worship Odin. There is no real excuse for it.

ha ha ha Good one, like it , like it!
OldGrumpy

Fri 11 Jan, 2019 06:10 am
@gungasnake,
Quote:
Once again for anybody who may have missed this earlier:

The educated lay person is not aware of how overwhelmingly evolution has been debunked over the last century.

The following is a minimal list of entire categories of evidence disproving evolution:

The decades-long experiments with fruit flies beginning in the early 1900s. Those tests were intended to demonstrate macroevolution; the failure of those tests was so unambiguous that a number of prominent scientists disavowed evolution at the time.

The discovery of the DNA/RNA info codes (information codes do not just sort of happen...)

The fact that the info code explained the failure of the fruit-fly experiments (the whole thing is driven by information and the only info there ever was in that picture was the info for a fruit fly...)

The discovery of bio-electrical machinery within 1-celled animals.

The question of irreducible complexity.

The Haldane Dilemma. That is, the gigantic spaces of time it would take to spread any genetic change through an entire herd of animals.

The increasingly massive evidence of a recent age for dinosaurs. This includes soft tissue being found in dinosaur remains, good radiocarbon dates for dinosaur remains (blind tests at the University of Georgia's dating lab), and native American petroglyphs clearly showing known dinosaur types.

The fact that the Haldane dilemma and the recent findings related to dinosaurs amount to a sort of a time sandwich (evolutionites need quadrillions of years and only have a few tens of thousands).

The dna analysis eliminating neanderthals and thus all other hominids as plausible human ancestors.

The total lack of intermediate fossils where the theory demands that the bulk of all fossils be clear intermediate types. "Punctuated Equilibria" in fact amounts to an attempt to get around both the Haldane dilemma and the lack of intermediate fossils, but has an entirely new set of overwhelming problems of its own...

The question of genetic entropy.

The obvious evidence of design in nature.

The arguments arising from pure probability and combinatoric considerations.

Here's what I mean when I use the term "combinatoric considerations"...

The best illustration of how stupid evolutionism really is involves trying to become some totally new animal with new organs, a new basic plan for existence, and new requirements for integration between both old and new organs.

Take flying birds for example; suppose you aren't one, and you want to become one. You'll need a baker's dozen highly specialized systems, including wings, flight feathers, the specialized system which allows flight feathers to pivot so as to open on upstrokes and close to trap air on downstrokes (like a venetian blind), a specialized light bone structure, specialized flow-through design heart and lungs, specialized tail, specialized general balance parameters etc.

For starters, every one of these things would be antifunctional until the day on which the whole thing came together, so that the chances of evolving any of these things by any process resembling evolution (mutations plus selection) would amount to an infinitessimal, i.e. one divided by some gigantic number.

In probability theory, to compute the probability of two things happening at once, you multiply the probabilities together. That says that the likelihood of all these things ever happening, best case, is ten or twelve such infinitessimals multiplied together, i.e. a tenth or twelth-order infinitessimal. The whole history of the universe isn't long enough for that to happen once.

All of that was the best case. In real life, it's even worse than that. In real life, natural selection could not plausibly select for hoped-for functionality, which is what would be required in order to evolve flight feathers on something which could not fly apriori. In real life, all you'd ever get would some sort of a random walk around some starting point, rather than the unidircetional march towards a future requirement which evolution requires.

And the real killer, i.e. the thing which simply kills evolutionism dead, is the following consideration: In real life, assuming you were to somehow miraculously evolve the first feature you'd need to become a flying bird, then by the time another 10,000 generations rolled around and you evolved the second such reature, the first, having been disfunctional/antifunctional all the while, would have DE-EVOLVED and either disappeared altogether or become vestigial.

Now, it would be miraculous if, given all the above, some new kind of complex creature with new organs and a new basic plan for life had ever evolved ONCE.

Evolutionism, however (the Theory of Evolution) requires that this has happened countless billions of times, i.e. an essentially infinite number of absolutely zero probability events.

I ask you: What could be stupider than that?

Fruit flies breed new generations every few days. Running a continuous decades-long experiment on fruit flies will involve more generations of fruit flies than there have ever been of anything resembling humans on Earth. Evolution is supposed to be driven by random mutation and natural selection; they subjected those flies to everything in the world known to cause mutations and recombined the mutants every possible way, and all they ever got was fruit flies.

Richard Goldschmidt wrote the results of all of that up in 1940, noting that it was then obvious enough that no combination of mutation and selection could ever produce a new kind of animal.

There is no excuse for evolution to ever have been taught in schools after 1940.

Very very good information! Thanks!

However, my nose seems to mutate very slowly over time, maybe I am morphing into another specie now?

Really. I mean shouldn'we have seen humans change into something else also?
As far as I know that never happened. Correct me if I am wrong.

But you see, 'they' need the 'excuse' of evil lotion to make the next step:
TRANSHUMANISM., look it up and also "THE SINGULARITY"

How creepy and dangerous is that, eh?!

But ah well, the first step in that direction are made with.....the smartphones.

Now there are the wearables! Just wait for the implanted microchip to come!
Then we really are screwed!
0 Replies

gungasnake

Fri 11 Jan, 2019 06:25 am
@OldGrumpy,
Far as I know, "heathen" was an Anglo-Saxon word for "wanker". Being the last simpleton to ever offer up a prayer to Odin or to believe in evolutionism and Chuck Darwin, amounts to being the Last Wanker.
0 Replies