Why do people deny evolution?

farmerman

Thu 13 Dec, 2018 08:16 am
@izzythepush,
were the boundaries always the same? Because the "type section " for Devonian rocks is Lyme Regis, maybe a good story lies there when "Strata Smith" was compiling his " map that changed the world"
farmerman

Thu 13 Dec, 2018 08:26 am
@farmerman,
as chemistry keeps getting in the way of your "otherwise ripping yarn", the facts are quite simple. Almost every complex organic molecule can have many many different forms based upon its isomers, congeners, defect lattices etc. Linkages and reactions dont all occur where everything happens the same way.

In industrial chemitry we often create a family of isomers or congeners
and then try to isolate the desired one by using its unique PHYSICAL propeties (like mass or solubility or crystallization temp)
OldGrumpy

Thu 13 Dec, 2018 10:16 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
awwww, IZZY stop bein an ol fart and enjoy yourself. Quahog is, suffereing from an anal /cranial inversion and he makes the most of it.
He doesnt "believe in" much of modern physics, he denies 9/11, and he says that genetics is bogus science. I also think he disbelieves that weve landed on the moon with guys in suits , but Im not certain about that one.

Duh? I never never wrote that genetics is bogus science. LYING THROUGH YOUR TEETH AGAIN, FARMERGENDERFLUID????

And of course NASA never put man on the moon. NASA(=nazi organisation) .
No evidence for that, nowhere. You still don't realise how we are being lied to from all angles. But there has to come a time that you will wake up as well.
There is no other way.
izzythepush

Thu 13 Dec, 2018 10:30 am
@farmerman,
No, Bournemouth used to be in Hampshire, now it's in Dorset. Borders move, counties disappear only to come back later. Rutland disappeared for a bit.
farmerman

Thu 13 Dec, 2018 10:43 am
@OldGrumpy,
right, glad you straitened me out on that, you deny evolution but buy genetics. Thats even better.
OldGrumpy

Thu 13 Dec, 2018 10:51 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
right, glad you straitened me out on that, you deny evolution but buy genetics. Thats even better.

Sigh, you really like to twist my words eh?!
it is so cheap you know that, right?! You know what makes you then he?!
farmerman

Thu 13 Dec, 2018 10:56 am
@izzythepush,
Rutland's doing fine, we moved it to Vermont.

SO maybe, in the late 1700's, Lyme Regis coulda been in Devonshire??
Its no biggie the other period names come from mostly English places like
Cambrian (Named for Wales). Ordovician ,Silurian(named after Celtic tribes). Carboniferoud was subdivided into 2 ages named from sites in Mississippi Valley and Pennsylvania. The Permian was named after a town in Russia.
farmerman

Thu 13 Dec, 2018 10:59 am
@OldGrumpy,
Quote:
Sigh, you really like to twist my words eh?!
I didnt twist a damn thing you airhead. You deny evolution yet find genetics acceptable to your discerning nature.

Music from OUTER LIMITS plays softly.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Thu 13 Dec, 2018 11:08 am
@OldGrumpy,
Quote:
And of course NASA never put man on the moon. NASA(=nazi organisation) .

My daughter and her husband both work for NASA at the Cape and are close enough to see that it wasn't a fake. They know that NASA is flawed as hell, they hate the red tape and a thousand other things but dude, come on, you **** up the possibility of people realizing what really IS fucked up in the world with this wild ass bullshit. You drive people into believing in the 'company line' that you hope to destroy.

There's lots of things wrong with NASA but it wasn't faking ****. I'm still pissed they wasted all that money on the shuttle and space station. Stuff like the Webb telescope is way more important science.
farmerman

Thu 13 Dec, 2018 11:13 am
@Leadfoot,
wow, theres three things we agree on, this ****'s gotta stop. Yer getting boring. The LRR's (Laser Reflectometers) have a dispersion of a bit under 10 kilometeres on the way out and 20 Kilometeres coming back home. Because ours were installed manually using lunar based siderial survey tricks, Our return signal strengths were always many times stronger than the Russians (who just dropped theirs from an unmanned lander and hadda do several years of fine tuning)
OldGrumpy

Thu 13 Dec, 2018 11:18 am
@Leadfoot,
Quote:

My daughter and her husband both work for NASA at the Cape and are close enough to see that it wasn't a fake. They know that NASA is flawed as hell, they hate the red tape and a thousand other things but dude, come on, you **** up the possibility of people realizing what really IS fucked up in the world with this wild ass bullshit. You drive people into believing in the 'company line' that you hope to destroy.

There's lots of things wrong with NASA but it wasn't faking ****. I'm still pissed they wasted all that money on the shuttle and space station. Stuff like the Webb telescope is way more important science.

well, I believed that nonsense once. Just dig into it. NASA never have send people to the moon.
Leadfoot

Thu 13 Dec, 2018 11:20 am
@farmerman,
I probably am, feel like I been on this boring planet too long.
Leadfoot

Thu 13 Dec, 2018 11:25 am
@OldGrumpy,
Quote:
NASA never have send people to the moon.

OK, just for fun, there were lots of people who saw a tall cylindrical object shoot fire out its ass and go up. Where did it actually go? Or was that a hologram or something? What exactly IS your theory of what happened?
OldGrumpy

Thu 13 Dec, 2018 12:19 pm
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
OK, just for fun, there were lots of people who saw a tall cylindrical object shoot fire out its ass and go up. Where did it actually go? Or was that a hologram or something? What exactly IS your theory of what happened?

well, there is a thread about all this where I will be pleased to explain.
But because this thread is about the non-sense of evolution....
0 Replies

izzythepush

Thu 13 Dec, 2018 12:28 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman

Thu 13 Dec, 2018 05:05 pm
@izzythepush,
that hadda b from the pre Python years. Eric Idle looked like a kid
izzythepush

Thu 13 Dec, 2018 05:09 pm
@farmerman,
It's from 1975.
0 Replies

Helloandgoodbye

Thu 13 Dec, 2018 05:15 pm
You guys still making monkeys outta yourselves?!
Oh, the sinful mind of mankind!
0 Replies

farmerman

Thu 13 Dec, 2018 05:24 pm
@Leadfoot,
see, now by being so critical of Quahog (ol Grumpiy's earlier name was Quehianomath) , youve drawn the other loony bottom feeders who will buy any conspiracy cept actual fcts.

Ive gone back to what Quahog calls "his arguments", they are nothing but crap cartoons and clips from other science deniers. He presents NO ARGUMENST or any evidence to support his opinions. He demands others provide him with their evidence without reciprocating based upon any thing that he understands. (Its quite apparent that he understands vry little about anything as IZZY says, "Hes an attention whore"

OldGrumpy

Fri 14 Dec, 2018 12:38 am
@farmerman,
see, now by being so critical of Quahog (ol Grumpiy's earlier name was Quehianomath) , youve drawn the other loony bottom feeders who will buy any conspiracy cept actual fcts.

Ive gone back to what Quahog calls "his arguments", they are nothing but crap
Quote:
cartoons and clips from other science deniers. He presents NO ARGUMENST or any evidence to support his opinions. He demands others provide him with their evidence without reciprocating based upon any thing that he understands. (Its quite apparent that he understands vry little about anything as IZZY says, "Hes an attention whore"

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the AH's again! It is so good to see that you are utterly frustrated. It is a joy! Why? Because you accuse me of a lot wich is not true and furthermore you are a LIAR. Yep, you read that right.
You put words in my 'mouth' I never said.
Furthermore you are so dumb that you don't understand there is a LACK of evidence, hence I reject a lot. So how can I show evidence?
You are also very deeply blinded and aren't capable of good reasoning and your perception is deeply flawed and you can't even see it!
Maybe stop posting your rantings. They won't help anyway.
But, I must say, you are a very funny clown trying to be taken seriously,
won't happen, won't happen.