Why do people deny evolution?

Quehoniaomath

Sat 3 May, 2014 06:27 am
@spendius,
look closely at their postings and read what they write about others,
Then you see it is only projection.
I am even accused of not be able to introspect (tell my meditation teacher! )
Now, I am no doctor, BUT, these are all signs of heavy narcissism.

I am looking forward to his allegations because , unconscious, they are all about him.

He really likes to call names, and in all fairness, I and others haven't done much namecalling like she does. tells us something doesn't it? Wink
Quehoniaomath

Sat 3 May, 2014 06:28 am
@spendius,
thought so Wink
0 Replies

spendius

Sat 3 May, 2014 06:35 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Quote:
look closely at their postings

One needn't look closely. It jumps out of fm's posts. And the other atheists on here who I consider to be a millstone around the neck of that noble calling.

Quehoniaomath

Sat 3 May, 2014 06:36 am
@spendius,
lol, ok true.
parados

Sat 3 May, 2014 07:40 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Well, since you don't want to talk about the math Q. Maybe we can discuss some other issues that Spetner brings up.

Do you think that the current genome of most species contain lots of unused or what might be considered unnecessary DNA? Most of it does nothing?
Quehoniaomath

Sat 3 May, 2014 08:17 am
@parados,
your putting words in my mouth.
I wrote it is 'too much' to put here,
it's not that I don't want to
There is a difference.
farmerman

Sat 3 May, 2014 08:24 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Quote:
Now, I am no doctor, BUT, these are all signs of heavy narcissism.
narcissism pretty much explains your inflated self esteem .
0 Replies

spendius

Sat 3 May, 2014 08:26 am
@Quehoniaomath,
It would be great if they would all put us on Ignore then we could chit-chat about them behind their backs.

Have you heard about microbial resistance setting to get us back to square one according to the World Health Organisation. An example of evolution in action as long as you ignore the artificial environment of antibiotics. It's as if the quacks have trained the little buggers to win the race. Thinking themselves masters of nature.

Like the horses that win the big races they are, essentially, crippled in terms of the evolved horse from which they were selectively bred by all manner of means which stud farms use to find a winner over distances from 5 furlongs to over 2 miles, on ground from firm to bottomless, on right or left hand tracks, at various times of the year, on a selection of nutrient regimes and a few other things no doubt.

I think we can learn a lot from stud farm procedures which, as you might know, are still a minority taste and confined mainly to the sophisticated circles as they call themselves in the papers and on TV.

It's the funniest thing about stud farm procedures that all the second rate colts are shot and any well bred filly doesn't really need to be any good herself.

The great problem with science, as Quantum Theory shows, is that the observer cannot get out of the way. The thing observed might not be influenced by being observed, as with a peep-hole in the netball changing room, but the perception of what is observed is most surely influenced by the observer. Hence science has a subjectivity problem which it cannot remove and cannot help but fly up its own arse once the sharing of the subjectivity becomes widespread, a religion, and too many people want in on the action and are prepared to sit in classrooms and listen to the likes of fm droning away about what a big deal he is, knowing all the while that failure in the exam is not an option because it would reflect badly upon the institution and be counter to its mandate which is to make everybody feel better about themselves.

God can handle as many people as there are getting in on the action but science can't. We are already in a situation where a young lady with a pipette putting two drops of something into 1000 test tubes arranged in banks, day after day, fancies herself a scientist.

A prominent scientist we have, a PhD no less, who explained the CERN project to the viewers once, was seen weeping, filling up, at an effin' sunset. And sunset is when the real action gets underway except for those mired in the comforts of domestic bliss.
parados

Sat 3 May, 2014 08:45 am
@Quehoniaomath,
So you can't even answer simple questions about what Spetner wrote because it would be "too much"?
Quehoniaomath

Sat 3 May, 2014 08:58 am
@parados,
yep, do i have to repeat myself to the nth time? man o man.
parados

Sat 3 May, 2014 09:03 am
@Quehoniaomath,
So any discussion of what you claim to have studied is too much for you? OK. I guess that tells us all we need to know.
Quehoniaomath

Sat 3 May, 2014 09:03 am
@spendius,
Quote:
It would be great if they would all put us on Ignore then we could chit-chat about them behind their backs.

Have you heard about microbial resistance setting to get us back to square one according to the World Health Organisation. An example of evolution in action as long as you ignore the artificial environment of antibiotics. It's as if the quacks have trained the little buggers to win the race. Thinking themselves masters of nature.

Like the horses that win the big races they are, essentially, crippled in terms of the evolved horse from which they were selectively bred by all manner of means which stud farms use to find a winner over distances from 5 furlongs to over 2 miles, on ground from firm to bottomless, on right or left hand tracks, at various times of the year, on a selection of nutrient regimes and a few other things no doubt.

I think we can learn a lot from stud farm procedures which, as you might know, are still a minority taste and confined mainly to the sophisticated circles as they call themselves in the papers and on TV.

It's the funniest thing about stud farm procedures that all the second rate colts are shot and any well bred filly doesn't really need to be any good herself.

The great problem with science, as Quantum Theory shows, is that the observer cannot get out of the way. The thing observed might not be influenced by being observed, as with a peep-hole in the netball changing room, but the perception of what is observed is most surely influenced by the observer. Hence science has a subjectivity problem which it cannot remove and cannot help but fly up its own arse once the sharing of the subjectivity becomes widespread, a religion, and too many people want in on the action and are prepared to sit in classrooms and listen to the likes of fm droning away about what a big deal he is, knowing all the while that failure in the exam is not an option because it would reflect badly upon the institution and be counter to its mandate which is to make everybody feel better about themselves.

God can handle as many people as there are getting in on the action but science can't. We are already in a situation where a young lady with a pipette putting two drops of something into 1000 test tubes arranged in banks, day after day, fancies herself a scientist.

A prominent scientist we have, a PhD no less, who explained the CERN project to the viewers once, was seen weeping, filling up, at an effin' sunset. And sunset is when the real action gets underway except for those mired in the comforts of domestic bliss.

Nice put, again.

Did you know the following:
we could agree that 'scientist' use more of their left then their 'right' brain, right? well, it seems the 'left brain' is really incredible stupid compared to the 'left brain'. (e.g. see the book "Left in the dark")
Now , what does that tell us about 'science' and 'anal-ysis'?
simply this, whatever 'science' does, it is all wromg, but 'scientist' can't see that because they use only half of their brain!

Quehoniaomath

Sat 3 May, 2014 09:05 am
@parados,
that is not what I said! you are twisting my words again in defends of your religion called 'evolution'

you don't really learn now, do you girl?
spendius

Sat 3 May, 2014 09:32 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Quote:
whatever 'science' does, it is all wromg, but 'scientist' can't see that because they use only half of their brain!

It can't be the half that would inform even a half-wit that the selling of atheism was a task for men other than himself.
0 Replies

farmerman

Sat 3 May, 2014 12:33 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
Quote:
we could agree that 'scientist' use more of their left then their 'right' brain,

Poor attempts at insult from Two very bitter interns whove probably flunked differential equations and are now blaming the system for thir shortcomings.I do know that spendi didn't make it through for a degree in chem ,if he pursued that at all)
Quehoniaomath

Sat 3 May, 2014 12:39 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
Poor attempts at insult from Two very bitter interns whove probably flunked differential equations and are now blaming the system for thir shortcomings.I do know that spendi didn't make it through for a degree in chem ,if he pursued that at all)

Wow!!!! Insulting? bitter? do you really read that into this?
My o my
It really is not ment as an insult, I really mean it!

and flunked diff eq? lol, that;s a good one! I love to those things but with much better math! I still do to train my mind.

Blaming the system? yes for what it does to you and others.
Not for my shortcomings and I must confess I have many Wink
But the one about diff eq isn't one of them Smile

And.... isn't it funny (again) that the one who is asking for 'proof' and 'evidence' doesn't need it himself if he is talking about other people!
please give proof for your statements above. Wink

you call yourself 'rational' , 'logical'? pleeeeaaaaseeeeee

farmerman

Sat 3 May, 2014 12:46 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
proof that youre not rational is available from your previous posts. Ill let the readers decide.

YOU are the one whose called evolution hokum , but you've proposed no alternatives (other than a fair inkling at some Creationist pap).
No, the burden of proof is on you . If your not able to understand the repeatable nature of evidence out there, then I don't know what I can do further.
If ignorance is your desired state, you are well into your gradualte level of knowing nothing
Quehoniaomath

Sat 3 May, 2014 12:51 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
proof that youre not rational is available from your previous posts. Ill let the readers decide.

lol,.funny again, are we? what do you mean with 'not rational'?
not taking 'science' serious? your right.. most is ****. Because there is NO evidence for most of its ****. is that not rational? hardly
But you probably mean 'not agreeing with you' and your gurus (e.g Dawkins, Einstein, Hawkins, you know those very dumb clowns)

Quote:
YOU are the one whose called evolution hokum , but you've proposed no alternatives (other than a fair inkling at some Creationist pap).
No, the burden of proof is on you . If your not able to understand the repeatable nature of evidence out there, then I don't know what I can do further.
If ignorance is your desired state, you are well into your gradualte level of knowing nothing

silly sot, it is on evolution to deliver the evidence. what don't you understand about that?

ah never mind.
farmerman

Sat 3 May, 2014 01:22 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
My gurus are HEsse, Steno, Hubbert, van Houten, Dewey, Bird, Fairbank,Raup, Rodgers, Rogers, Gould, Eldredge,Theis, Pratt, Alvarez,Hyek,Papadoupalous,Santosh, Fairbridge,Mayr, LAuwe, Ruse, Airy,USGS,AGI, AGU, ICS , NCSE and , of course Hutton, Lyell,Henslow, and Wallace and Charles Darwin. Ive only rattled off a small list of those whose work is applicable to my pursuits.(I assume that you may have heard of one or two, and Im sure you can learn more by a Google search or three)

I certainly spit at Savarti, Behe, Johnson, Morrison,HAm, Gish, Demski, Remine, S Meyer, Wells, Kenyon, Austen and several other soon to be forgotten "15 minits of famers" of the highly politicized(mostly GOP) anti-evolution crowd. The reason I spit at them is because, for mostly personal gains, these and several others have fraudulently made claims that counter respected science in several disciplines.
You've CHALLENGED evolution. How? WHere? Whats yer stance?
If you are afraid to mix it up with someone who wont buy your junk, then just say so. Don't act like you've got something to say by not saying anything. At least spendi can be entertaining when hes sober.
parados

Sat 3 May, 2014 01:28 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
So either you are willing to discuss Spetner or not.

Do you think that the current genome of most species contain lots of unused or what might be considered unnecessary DNA? Most of it does nothing?