Why do people deny evolution?

farmerman

Tue 16 Oct, 2018 04:39 am
@farmerman,
Ive found several interesting pop xplanations for the "returning soldier effect" and the birth of boys during and just after wars.
1. Taller soldiers are statistically more "survivable" in wars nd the Brits state that a 3.33(cm) height margin graces the aurvivors v the fallen soldiers. In terms of gene expression of variability, this alone could explain the sex split of post-war babies.

2. The NIH has recently done some research and has some evidence of a genetic expression that occurs in men alone . Combine survivorhip via "height advantage"(whatever the hell that means) [V] genetic expression that too could display the apparent "more baby boys" effect when all the statistical chains are computed.

So, we can control breeding outcomes in stock animals by artificially creating excellent crop years with which to feed the stock, and controlling breed cycles by pushing circadian rhythms and good record studs . Do people ork the same way?? We are animals so Im sure some grad students in Human genetics or ag genetics will (or has alrady done) their pHDs in this subject .

I saw in the NIH stuff that girls are more common babies during famines. (Im not sure I buy the veracity of that because usually, famine affected countries dont have the time or the interest to keep complex population records cause the population is busy starving). So Im thinking that our vaunted NIH can also come up with bullshit every so often.

Most "alternative truth" positions need careful parsing because they usually do have a lean to the incredulous. Even NIH , as I said, can come up with "facts" that may have been pulled out of the air.

0 Replies

OldGrumpy

Tue 16 Oct, 2018 06:18 am
With regards to the "returning soldier effect".

What one can say is that 'death' has influence on 'birth'!

How fascinating is that?
farmerman

Tue 16 Oct, 2018 08:22 am
@OldGrumpy,
took you all morning to come up with that , Dr. Obvious?
Olivier5

Tue 16 Oct, 2018 08:39 am
@farmerman,
In other news, cold was found to have an influence on heat. Some people even ventured to say that water was somehow influencing dryness, but that's not yet definitely proven...
OldGrumpy

Tue 16 Oct, 2018 09:08 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
took you all morning to come up with that , Dr. Obvious?

Obvious? Hmmm I don't think you really 'get it'.
OldGrumpy

Tue 16 Oct, 2018 09:09 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
In other news, cold was found to have an influence on heat. Some people even ventured to say that water was somehow influencing dryness, but that's not yet definitely proven...

neither do you.
0 Replies

farmerman

Tue 16 Oct, 2018 09:34 am
@OldGrumpy,
Quote:
I don't think you really 'get it'.
yes, its really not that clever. Weve stated many times that extinction is part of the engine of evolution but you dont get that.

OldGrumpy

Tue 16 Oct, 2018 09:36 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
yes, its really not that clever. Weve stated many times that extinction is part of the engine of evolution but you dont get that.

lol, that is exactly NOT what I meant! qed.

and btw 'engine' of evolution! Really? What a joke it all is!
livinglava

Tue 16 Oct, 2018 11:00 am
@OldGrumpy,
OldGrumpy wrote:

Quote:
So in the same sense that a complex system of ions and electrons generates human creativity

lol, that is the most blatant non-sense I have heard in weeks!

a complex system of ions and electrons generate hunan creativity?????????

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

oh well ok

What do you think the human brain is made of, if not a complex system of ions and electrons? The brain is a complex ecology of cells, neurons. There is no central control center for it. Likewise, there is no central control center for the universe, yet you cannot imagine the universe experiences intentionality the way you experience intentionality with regards to human brains.
farmerman

Tue 16 Oct, 2018 11:14 am
@OldGrumpy,
Quote:
that is exactly NOT what I meant! qed.
Never mind it probably was not very intelligent anyway. Do you have any interest in communication or are you satisfied just mumbling to yourself??

farmerman

Tue 16 Oct, 2018 11:15 am
@OldGrumpy,
Quote:
'engine' of evolution! Really? What a joke it all is!
the best way to get ole fungii like you all excited is to mention evolution. Ill bet you wet your pants
0 Replies

OldGrumpy

Tue 16 Oct, 2018 01:36 pm
@livinglava,
Quote:
What do you think the human brain is made of, if not a complex system of ions and electrons? The brain is a complex ecology of cells, neurons. There is no central control center for it. Likewise, there is no central control center for the universe, yet you cannot imagine the universe experiences intentionality the way you experience intentionality with regards to human brains.

whatever. Wink
OldGrumpy

Tue 16 Oct, 2018 01:38 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
Never mind it probably was not very intelligent anyway. Do you have any interest in communication or are you satisfied just mumbling to yourself??

oh wow! well it is not pssible to communicate with someone like you, because you are not able to leave your 'box'.

But that is fine with me, I just don't take you seriously, in my eyes you are too far gone.
0 Replies

livinglava

Tue 16 Oct, 2018 02:43 pm
@OldGrumpy,
OldGrumpy wrote:

Quote:

whatever. Wink

See, your post here is a perfect example of how the human brain can function as a perfectly uncreative lump of ions and electrons.
Setanta

Tue 16 Oct, 2018 02:52 pm
To say that cold has an influence on heat is rather witless. Heat has scientific reality--it describes the relative movement of atoms and molecules in a medium. Cold, however, is just vague and subjective reference to the absence of heat.
OldGrumpy

Tue 16 Oct, 2018 11:18 pm
@livinglava,
Quote:
See, your post here is a perfect example of how the human brain can function as a perfectly uncreative lump of ions and electrons.

cheap, again.

Anyway, do you really really really believe that 'creativity' is caused only by some ions and electrons???? Come on, you can't be that,,,,
livinglava

Wed 17 Oct, 2018 05:28 am
@OldGrumpy,
OldGrumpy wrote:

Quote:

cheap, again.

Anyway, do you really really really believe that 'creativity' is caused only by some ions and electrons???? Come on, you can't be that,,,,

Everything on Earth is made of ions and electrons. You must not understand chemistry very well.
OldGrumpy

Wed 17 Oct, 2018 05:39 am
@livinglava,
Quote:
Everything on Earth is made of ions and electrons. You must not understand chemistry very well.

Hmmm
livinglava

Thu 18 Oct, 2018 05:35 am
@OldGrumpy,
OldGrumpy wrote:

Quote:

Hmmm

You don't understand chemistry, but somehow you think you have God figured out.
0 Replies

hingehead

Thu 18 Oct, 2018 05:57 am
@Setanta,
I"m impressed that got voted down. People are arguing science without knowing the difference between heat and temperature? You and FM have far more patience with num nums that I have.