Why do people deny evolution?

brianjakub

Sun 30 Sep, 2018 03:32 pm
@brianjakub,
The beginning of paganism and Christianity are similar the details and the completion are different. There is no person to restore the universe and paganism Jesus Christ stepped into the universe and actually started the process to restore the universe .
OldGrumpy

Sun 30 Sep, 2018 10:56 pm
@brianjakub,
Quote:
The beginning of paganism and Christianity are similar the details and the completion are different. There is no person to restore the universe and paganism Jesus Christ stepped into the universe and actually started the process to restore the universe .

jesus?????????????? lol ah well spoken as a true believer, eh?!
0 Replies

OldGrumpy

Sun 30 Sep, 2018 11:02 pm
@brianjakub,
Quote:
There is no way to replicate the process of involving DNA by random input of information. There are witnesses to Jesus Christ. Plus if Evolution by random input of information is not believable then you need somebody with the necessary characteristics to be the intelligence behind it. Jesus seems to fit those characteristics the best.

lol, well,bring in the witnesses then! there are NONE!

and evolution not 'believable" for me? Gee, do you read the postings? Man I am talking mathematical here. The whole damned thing is mathematically (statistically) impossible, as has been posted before by me and others,

And besides, 'jesus' intelligent? Hmmmm the idiot looks very violent to me.

And, as I have written before, 'jesus' is just a symbol for something, he never was a real person at all!

If you know what symbol he represents all becomes crystal clear,
0 Replies

OldGrumpy

Sun 30 Sep, 2018 11:06 pm
and don't forget that "Christianity' has a very very deep and dark historical side!

The Vatican just likes murder and rape. The whole damned thing is build on it!
livinglava

Mon 1 Oct, 2018 05:24 am
@OldGrumpy,
OldGrumpy wrote:

and don't forget that "Christianity' has a very very deep and dark historical side!

The Vatican just likes murder and rape. The whole damned thing is build on it!

Whether or not that's true, you shouldn't confuse Christianity the teachings with what people who identify with Christian do. Ideas and beliefs exist separately from the people that follow them. Dogmatism allows people to say one thing and do something else. There are people who say the pledge of allegiance daily and have absolutely no interest or concern for liberty and justice outside of that. But that doesn't make the pledge of allegiance or the ideas of liberty and justice wrong or bad.
OldGrumpy

Mon 1 Oct, 2018 07:30 am
@livinglava,
Quote:
Whether or not that's true, you shouldn't confuse Christianity the teachings with what people who identify with Christian do. Ideas and beliefs exist separately from the people that follow them. Dogmatism allows people to say one thing and do something else. There are people who say the pledge of allegiance daily and have absolutely no interest or concern for liberty and justice outside of that. But that doesn't make the pledge of allegiance or the ideas of liberty and justice wrong or bad.

Hmm let's see, like ehhh raping kids???

The most hypocrite people I have ever met where, you guessed it, christians!

Anyway, I am talking about the basis of this whole dogmatic system.
Of course there is somewhere a christian who behaves 'saintly'
But so what?

I am pointing out the psycho and sociopathic sides of this very sick institution, and hope that people stop putting money into that sick system.
brianjakub

Mon 1 Oct, 2018 01:43 pm
@OldGrumpy,
Quote:

If a person teaches anything goes I guess that person will never be a hypocrite. It is also very hard to build a civil society on that basis.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_Man/Boy_Love_Association

We all have our fallen nature we must deal with. (original sin in the Catholic Church). At least the teachings of the Church call perversions what they are (sinful and wrong) even if the institution is occupied by a few perverts. Satan always tries to influence people in high places. But he does the most damage by perverting the sanctity of the sexual act as it was intended to form families through marriage.

Nothing teaches someone to feel and act like Jesus than loving and sacrificing for a spouse and children.

The evolution we need to concentrate on is converting oneself to be Christlike. The system we are observing as nature and evolution was built for that purpose.
OldGrumpy

Mon 1 Oct, 2018 02:55 pm
@brianjakub,
a few perverts? a few? a few????????????????????????????????

man, the whole damned thing is filled to the brim with perverts!

Holy Crap!!! Don't you get it?
brianjakub

Mon 1 Oct, 2018 04:30 pm
@OldGrumpy,
The Vatican . . . . more than likely. The East and West Coast of the USA . . . maybe. Midwest not anymore than the general population.

The messenger is not the message. There were and are brilliant minds in the Church and lay Christians.

Augustine
Aquinas
John Paul II
Christopher Columbus
Galileo
Leonardo DaVinci
Jesus
Moses
Solomon
The Apostles
And anybody who after death finds themselves in heaven because by the grace of God they found out they are Catholic because God had to credit that to them, for them to be there in heaven at all.
livinglava

Mon 1 Oct, 2018 05:21 pm
@OldGrumpy,
OldGrumpy wrote:

What you should realize is that this whole game of incriminating and judging Christians for sin is nothing new. It fundamentally challenges the basic tenet of Christianity that humans are sinners by nature and require forgiveness/salvation/redemption/sanctification to overcome the natural condemnation that comes with sin.

All you are basically arguing is that Christians should be condemned for sin, which is fundamentally anti-Christian.

Quote:

But if humans are fundamentally imperfect by their very nature, then what you're implying is that they become better by shooting lower and thus trading in hypocrisy for whitewashing.

Quote:
Anyway, I am talking about the basis of this whole dogmatic system.
Of course there is somewhere a christian who behaves 'saintly'
But so what?

Indeed, 'so what?' The point is not to judge Christians but to confess and repent. If you want to observe and confess sins beyond yourself, you can do that, but don't forget that they are forgiven in order to save, redeem, and thus gradually sanctify them.

Quote:
I am pointing out the psycho and sociopathic sides of this very sick institution, and hope that people stop putting money into that sick system.

Money has nothing to do with, nor do the institutions and organizations. Those are just things Christians do in the world. Really it is about spirituality and one's personal relationship with God and thus oneself and others.

If you accepted Jesus, for example, you would still see all the sin you see but you would realize the solution is to bring people closer to Christ/God and for them to become more faithful to conscience and thus live better and more faithfully.

You sound like your solution to sin is to hate and condemn sinners, and ridicule them to death, if possible. If that is your goal, at least preach faith in eternal life and forgiveness in the hereafter for those who accept the humility of knowing their relationship with sin.
OldGrumpy

Mon 1 Oct, 2018 10:58 pm
@brianjakub,
Quote:
The messenger is not the message. There were and are brilliant minds in the Church and lay Christians.

Your forgot Hitler among others!
0 Replies

OldGrumpy

Mon 1 Oct, 2018 11:03 pm
@livinglava,
Quote:
All you are basically arguing is that Christians should be condemned for sin, which is fundamentally anti-Christian.

Whta a load of hogwash! where do I say this?
I ONLY say to keep away from the psychopathic institute called the Christian Church. We don't have to torture anyone! Hell, Christianity already did that for us.

But let me guess, you are a 'christian', right?

If so, you can't help what you are writing here, because you are too deep into the psychopathic belief system to see any of this clearly.

BUT, this thread is about evil-lotion, and even evil-lotion is seen as real by the psychopathic Vatican. That also tells me a lot about evil-lotion as well!

How crazy this all is.
OldGrumpy

Mon 1 Oct, 2018 11:09 pm
@brianjakub,
Quote:
And anybody who after death finds themselves in heaven because by the grace of God they found out they are Catholic because God had to credit that to them, for them to be there in heaven at all.

Really???

Quote:
Hell is an invention of the church ... The catholic church doesn't like the people to grow up." (John Shelby Spong, retired Episcopal bishop from Newark, N.J., interviewed by Keith Morrison on Dateline, NBC, 8-13-2006)

damn!
0 Replies

Olivier5

Tue 2 Oct, 2018 03:35 am
@brianjakub,
I doubt Moses and King Shlomo were Catholic...
Helloandgoodbye

Tue 2 Oct, 2018 05:46 am
@OldGrumpy,
Catholicism is NOT Christianity:
https://carm.org/is-catholicism-christian
(If it is not biblical, it is not of God)
Mother Mary, baptizing children, salvation through works!

The Mormon church, the jehovah witnesses church....they are false teachers whom should be avoided. So allllll the crazy and terrible stuff they do or teach should be questioned for sure.

Hell = Jail (for eternity) it is a not a desire of gods that anyone she go there, but what else do you do with people/angels who will remain rebellious to the core?
Mind control? Really?

Heck, the pope embraces evolutionism even!🤦🏼‍♂️But then again, many Christian’s have and are being deceived by this teaching:( a sign of the end times.) as we’ll as many ppl embracing false teachings regarding morality in our present culture.
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/pope-francis-declares-evolution-and-big-bang-theory-are-right-and-god-isnt-a-magician-with-a-magic-9822514.html%3famp

OldGrumpy

Tue 2 Oct, 2018 06:26 am
@Helloandgoodbye,
Quote:
Mind control? Really?

absolutely!

https://admin62b4b.davidicke.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Untitled-20.jpg
0 Replies

OldGrumpy

Tue 2 Oct, 2018 06:27 am
@Helloandgoodbye,
Quote:
Catholicism is NOT Christianity:

Well, is is ALL the same shite. Please stop defending the bullshit and shite,ok?
Helloandgoodbye

Tue 2 Oct, 2018 07:36 am
@OldGrumpy,
I agree. Religion is terrible.

https://www.acts29.com/gospel-vs-religion/
OldGrumpy

Tue 2 Oct, 2018 09:13 am
@Helloandgoodbye,
Quote:
I agree. Religion is terrible.

?
daverod

Tue 2 Oct, 2018 10:05 am
@JimmyJ,
Evolution is real, just as erosion is real. But the creation (In The Beginning), as an event of 'evolution' is what misleads many.