Why do people deny evolution?

Olivier5

Tue 28 Aug, 2018 01:53 am
@camlok,
Quote:
Aren't you one sharp cookie?

You got nothing better to do than compliment me, JTT? How about you try and find yourself a girlfriend?
camlok

Tue 28 Aug, 2018 11:07 am
@Olivier5,
You have a terrible grasp of nuance, Olivier. Not to mention science, logic, rational thinking, ... .
0 Replies

brianjakub

Tue 28 Aug, 2018 04:58 pm
@Olivier5,
When a computer sorts a list I don't think there's any in intelligence in the computer doing the sorting either. But an intelligence created the computer and the sorting Program. The computer doesnt know the list is sorted anymore than the clouds know what they look like.
OldGrumpy

Tue 28 Aug, 2018 11:27 pm
@brianjakub,
True. but how about AI then? how about the computers that independentaly created a language to communicate with each other, while people couldn't understand it?
Olivier5

Wed 29 Aug, 2018 02:48 am
@brianjakub,
Still, the particular shapes taken by particular clouds are entirely contingent. No intelligence wrote in no software that on day X, the weather system MUST produce a cloud that MUST take the shape of a dick.
OldGrumpy

Wed 29 Aug, 2018 04:19 am
@Olivier5,
well, you can split clouds by 'intent' that is, by the mind.
0 Replies

Helloandgoodbye

Wed 29 Aug, 2018 06:53 am
@Olivier5,
Your right there.
Ecclesiastes 9:11 ‘time and chance happens to them all’

I find it amazing this cloud shape is THE BEST observable example someone who embraces evolutionism can give of random processes producing ‘information.’

This just confirms:
Romans 1:19 ‘he has made it obvious to them’ (that the information we observe in its complexity demands an intelligent designer)

Life is the result of an intelligent designer, not the result of an unintelligent ‘time and chance’ god/creator. You guys got yourselves a false God!! But you are free to believe away.

So simple and clear.
Setanta

Wed 29 Aug, 2018 07:22 am
So distorted and twisted out of all meaning.
farmerman

Wed 29 Aug, 2018 12:04 pm
@Setanta,
yoiks, this thread has gone further into the can of vile offalings, with some pomace on the side.

OldGrumpy

Wed 29 Aug, 2018 12:53 pm
@farmerman,
you have a very LFT
0 Replies

brianjakub

Wed 29 Aug, 2018 01:45 pm
@OldGrumpy,
AI is always created by real intelligence.
OldGrumpy

Wed 29 Aug, 2018 01:48 pm
@brianjakub,
well, true, I understand that, but at some point it 's going to live it's own live, it seems.
brianjakub

Wed 29 Aug, 2018 04:26 pm
@OldGrumpy,
And when it does somebody created it. All complex information has a creator. And everything is information .
farmerman

Wed 29 Aug, 2018 04:46 pm
@brianjakub,
that analogy is specious. It requires a worldview that doesnt allow for the stuff that does not agree with the basic assertion.
Like R Shapiro tried to say in A Skeptics Guide to Life on Earth.
(I paraphrase) "Sommeday we may just find out that our experiments wont manage to create life and we will find new geological evidence that shows that life has appeared "suddenly" and, after we get done searching the universe and dont find life's evidence, Many scientists may turn to religion. Others, me (Shapiro) included will search through the remaining explanations that are still ore likely than that one"

Shapiro, like Woese and Margulis and Dorian Sagan(her son) , have been cherry picked to death in an attempt to sound like ID is validated by science when it really aint.

Cherry picking's easy, its just jargon jiggling based on mining the quotes and misrepresenting what authors really say.
farmerman

Wed 29 Aug, 2018 04:48 pm
@farmerman,
By the way, we have already found out that life did NOT just suddenly appear and progress
OldGrumpy

Wed 29 Aug, 2018 11:48 pm
@farmerman,
and evolutionist always tell that that is NO part of the evolution THEORY!

Ah well, they really have no clue what they are saying, I guess,
0 Replies

OldGrumpy

Wed 29 Aug, 2018 11:50 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
Cherry picking's easy

True! 'scientists' do this all the time!
Helloandgoodbye

Thu 30 Aug, 2018 08:34 am
@OldGrumpy,

https://biblehub.com/kjv/romans/1-22.htm
farmerman

Thu 30 Aug, 2018 09:47 am
People deny evolution because they are mostly ignorant of science and take the easy way out.
camlok

Thu 30 Aug, 2018 09:50 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
People deny evolution because they are mostly ignorant of science and take the easy way out.

Bingo! farmerman's admission of his lonely ole self.
0 Replies