Why do people deny evolution?

OldGrumpy

Sun 5 Aug, 2018 11:18 pm
@Olivier5,
"And yet it's done all the time. When you look at a chihuahua, it's hard to believe that its ancestors were wolves. It looks "mathematically impossible" and yet it's what happened."

Well, that's because you haven't defined 'evo-lotion' very right.
Overall I am talking macro-evo-lotion. In your example here, it has nothing to do with macro evolution at all.
Olivier5

Sun 5 Aug, 2018 11:51 pm
@OldGrumpy,
On the contrary, DNA is evidence for evolution.

When we humans design, say, machines to count (calculators, computers), we use all manner of data recording tools. Beads in an abacus, cogs in a mechanical cash register, tapes, RAM in a computer, etc. We don't use always the same data recording technique, whatever the application. We use out ingenuity and imagination to invent new, sui generis data recording devices.

Nature didn't do it this way: it used essentially the same DNA-RNA system over and over again during hundreds of millions of years. Why? Evolution provides an answer, while you have none.
Olivier5

Mon 6 Aug, 2018 01:11 am
@OldGrumpy,
Quote:
Well, that's because you haven't defined 'evo-lotion' very right.

That may be because I'm not talking of 'evo-lotion'...
OldGrumpy

Mon 6 Aug, 2018 01:32 am
@Olivier5,
"I am also happy that the doctors who could one day be operating on me know something about science."

I know, but you know what I mean and I like to mock non-sense, so evo-lotion it is!
OldGrumpy

Mon 6 Aug, 2018 01:33 am
@Olivier5,
"On the contrary, DNA is evidence for evolution."

How many pair of chromosomes do humans have?
0 Replies

Olivier5

Mon 6 Aug, 2018 02:32 am
@OldGrumpy,
You mean nothing, IMO. You're about nothingness: no idea, no theory, no conceptual clarity. Literally you don't know what you are talking about: eva-lition, evo-lotion... You have no clue.
OldGrumpy

Mon 6 Aug, 2018 02:54 am
@Olivier5,
"On the contrary, DNA is evidence for evolution."

How many pair of chromosomes do humans have?

maybe one day, when evo-lotion is obsolete, and that day is coming faster then you think, I will sell lotion, evo-lotion!!! lol

You look as if you can't take a joke, eh brother?! Wink

Well, maybe you are right, maybe evil-lotion would fit the bill better, eh boy?!
Setanta

Mon 6 Aug, 2018 03:03 am
@Leadfoot,
Your question makes no sense to me. It appears to me to proceed from the same a priori assumption which beggars all religious objections to evolution--that there is a "plan" promulgated by a guiding "intelligence." What, pray tell, do doorknobs and mousetraps have to do with any natural process? I was pointing out that that was a failed analogy, it is certainly not reasonable to expect me to justify my remarks within the context of said analogy.

In comparison to the very brief lifetime of any individual human, natural selection has unlimited time to act, and anywhere from millions to billions of actors. The point of that is, as an example, two billion years after the Archaea appeared, cyanobacteria became sufficiently common to begin altering the planet's atmosphere. None of that idiot ICR bullshit about whales turning into monkeys. Just the steady progress of organic chemistry and the principle of modification through natural selection, in action. No dubious analogies, because it happened, it's fact, not analogue. It lead to the first great extinction event, referred to as the Great Oxygenation Event, because of the agent of extinction--the cyanobacteria dumping sufficient O2 into the atmosphere to poison the environment in which more than 90% of the Archaea subsisted.

One of the principle reasons that the ID crowd make themselves look like fools is through their failed attempts at analogies between the natural world and the world of man-made objects. At the least the non-deceitful creationists retain some shred of dignity because they are honest in that respect--they avow belief in some special creation dispensation. They still peddle false analogies, and provide ZERO evidence for their imaginary friend and any type of creation.
OldGrumpy

Mon 6 Aug, 2018 03:07 am
@Setanta,
"In comparison to the very brief lifetime of any individual human, natural selection has unlimited time to act, and anywhere from millions to billions of actors. "

The longer the time taken, the more it is mathematical imposibble.

Gee, why don't evil-otionists don't get the math and statistics?
0 Replies

Olivier5

Mon 6 Aug, 2018 03:25 am
@OldGrumpy,
I can take jokes alright. It's just that your jokes aren't any good, old fart.
OldGrumpy

Mon 6 Aug, 2018 03:55 am
@Olivier5,
"I can take jokes alright. It's just that your jokes aren't any good, old fart."

So they trigger you in a negative way then? Good! Mission completed! lol

Now

again, sigh.

""On the contrary, DNA is evidence for evolution."

How many pair of chromosomes do humans have?"
Olivier5

Mon 6 Aug, 2018 04:58 am
@OldGrumpy,
Trying to annoy other people, huh? That's for losers.
OldGrumpy

Mon 6 Aug, 2018 05:01 am
@Olivier5,
""On the contrary, DNA is evidence for evolution."

Olivier5

Mon 6 Aug, 2018 05:07 am
@OldGrumpy,
Why do you want to know that so badly as to ask it several times?
OldGrumpy

Mon 6 Aug, 2018 05:12 am
@Olivier5,
Cause I get no answer!

hightor

Mon 6 Aug, 2018 05:22 am
Denialism:What Drives People to Reject the Truth?
Setanta

Mon 6 Aug, 2018 05:36 am
@hightor,
That is a good read. However, Mr. Kahn-Harris makes one statement with which I am not certain I agree. He writes: ". . . and no one signs up to all forms of denialism." Clearly, Mr. Kahn-Harris has not been reading sufficient on-line looniness. We've got at this time just such a denialist, and in the past we have had quite a few such denialists.
OldGrumpy

Mon 6 Aug, 2018 05:42 am
@hightor,
Actually, people are waking up and seeing through all the bullshit and lies all around us!

including the lies by the guardian and others.

But it's a good thing, they are getting desperate now!

It's all part of the dismantling of the matrix,

within a few years we are no slaves anymore! Yupie!!!!
0 Replies

OldGrumpy

Mon 6 Aug, 2018 05:45 am
@Setanta,
"denialists"

Wow! well I guess it's down to semantics now. ha ha ha ha ha

They are loosing!

0 Replies

Helloandgoodbye

Mon 6 Aug, 2018 05:46 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
‘Just the steady progress of organic chemistry and the principle of modification through natural selection, in action.‘

Again, scientific knowledge and understanding has revealed bacteria is a highly engineered machine.
Steady progress you say? Show us where you have observed abiogenesis....this ‘fact’ you claim. You see? All you have are myth and fairytale stories of how it happened.

Now, in order for bacteria to turn into a human, new proteins will have to be DESIGNed, and implemented.
You say this is a fact (like abiogenesis)....where do you observe this in nature as well? Nowhere is where.
Again such evolution processes only exist in the brains and imaginations of ppl via Religion like evolutionism.

Again, all we observe in nature is REcombinations of DNA coding to get the variety we see, but NEVER NEW coding. Not a single new protein observed being designed and implanted. Not one, not ever.
It is Not an ‘ongoing process’ like you preach, but rather a process which does not happen Ever, not in a million years lol.
http://www.icr.org/article/8214

This. Is. A. Scientific. Fact.
Observable, repeatable, and demonstrable.

I can predict the next time any species on planet earth reproduce, there will be NO new genetic coding....because such information requires intelligence (another observable phenomenon we observe via humans)