Why do people deny evolution?

Helloandgoodbye

Sun 5 Aug, 2018 05:37 am
@Setanta,
🤦‍♂️
Setanta

Sun 5 Aug, 2018 06:31 am
@Helloandgoodbye,
Is that alleged to be a coherent response? Emoticons substituted for a written response are another sign of lame losers.
Olivier5

Sun 5 Aug, 2018 06:52 am
@Helloandgoodbye,
That's what I said, yes. Thanks for echoing.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Sun 5 Aug, 2018 07:18 am
@Setanta,
Quote:

If your toaster, roadster and tee-vee were retrieved from mountains of junk in the surrounding landscape, the evidence of intelligence would be far less convincing.

Creating functional things from junk is one of my favorite pastimes. My latest rat rod for example. It takes large amounts of intelectual (not to mention physical) effort to make that happen, and even at that, it's leveraging the creative effort that previously went into the 'junk'.

Can you show me such an all natural example, other than trite stuff like using a doorknob for a paperweight or a mousetrap for a tie clip?

Olivier5

Sun 5 Aug, 2018 07:36 am
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
Creating functional things from junk is one of my favorite pastimes. 

According to François Jacob, that's also what evolution does. Jacob pointed to the difference between an engineer, who designs stuff from a clean slate, and a bricoleur (tinkerer, makeshifter, do-it-yourselfer) who would do exactly what you describe: take old stuff to make new stuff. He said evolution is a tinkerer, not an engineer.
Helloandgoodbye

Sun 5 Aug, 2018 09:14 am
@Setanta,
What’s your thoughts? With this below. Never got one.

So if a UFO crashed into the mountains, people would stand around and actually say ‘there is no intelligent alien being?!’
No!

We know bacteria is a marvel of engineering, not just s blob of life. So why make a similar statement to that of s UFO?!
Why? Well so ppl can make themselves Gods, dictating right from wrong.

Also, lifeforms, like cars, can ‘adapt’ automatically sure....but only by design of course! They too have their limits.
Cars headlights or sunroofs can be triggered by ‘sensors.’ Likewise with biological machinery.

Sticking our heads in the clouds and concluding bacteria can be created by ocean vents in a chemical soup is absurd!
Just as concluding bacteria can turn into a person yet we know from scientific studies that not even a single protein can be observed, repeated, and demonstrated being ‘a step up’! Not even the slightest improvements! (Like a toaster which is ‘stuck as a toaster’)
Dogs will always be part of the dog Kind.
Cats be always cat ‘kind’ or (DNA grouping)
Whales always be whale kind...’stuck again’
Humankind ....u get the point. We are ‘stuck’ within our designed limits.

No amount of DNA rearrrangent can produce new DNA. Just rearrangement.
Like lottery numbers.
Or
And many different combinations sure. But never a ‘new’ number can be added without intelligence.

Likewise with even simple proteins.
Here:
http://www.icr.org/article/8214

I think the first step any reasonable person should make in life is acknowling the bankruptcy and illogical position of evolution ‘theory’/religious worldview.

Scientific observations and understanding scream and demand a designer!
But, again, ppl who wish to be their own gods are free to self deceive themselves, and believe in randomness for sure, despite scientific discoveries and understanding.
They can rely on lame interpretations of fossils, and dating techniques yeilding millions of years because they are loaded with assumptions.

🤷‍♂️It is too bad, it really is🤷‍♂️
Leadfoot

Sun 5 Aug, 2018 09:38 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
According to François Jacob, that's also what evolution does. Jacob pointed to the difference between an engineer, who designs stuff from a clean slate, and a bricoleur (tinkerer, makeshifter, do-it-yourselfer) who would do exactly what you describe: take old stuff to make new stuff. He said evolution is a tinkerer, not an engineer.

My whole point was that an intelligent actor is required. Just demoting the engineer to tinkerer does not eliminate his need for intelligence.

You can randomly rattle an earth sized pile of junk as long as you want, but a neither a golf cart nor a Ford GT40 will ever come out.
Olivier5

Sun 5 Aug, 2018 09:46 am
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
Just demoting the engineer to tinkerer does not eliminate his need for intelligence.

Still, the pattern looks more like patient trial-and-error than the work of an omniscient deity.

Edit: and cars and other mechanical objects don't breed, so the metaphor doesn't work.
OldGrumpy

Sun 5 Aug, 2018 10:01 am
@Olivier5,
"Still, the pattern looks more like patient trial-and-error "

Again, a mathematical impossibility.
Helloandgoodbye

Sun 5 Aug, 2018 10:03 am
@Olivier5,
Your interpretation of the ‘broken’ world you observe leads you to conclude that random trial and error.

How about interpreting a highly engineered world which originally was not ‘broken’ at all?
....yet, now is sadly full of pain suffering and death.
cicerone imposter

Sun 5 Aug, 2018 10:25 am
What a huge waste of time!
0 Replies

Olivier5

Sun 5 Aug, 2018 01:46 pm
@OldGrumpy,
And yet it's done all the time. When you look at a chihuahua, it's hard to believe that its ancestors were wolves. It looks "mathematically impossible" and yet it's what happened.
Olivier5

Sun 5 Aug, 2018 01:50 pm
@Helloandgoodbye,
I live in this world, not in lahlah land, and in this world, evolution took millions and millions of years to unfold. Doesn't look like the work of an omnipotent and omniscient being to me...
izzythepush

Sun 5 Aug, 2018 01:50 pm
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:

My whole point was that an intelligent actor is required.

It's still only your belief/opinion. It does not constitute proof.
Helloandgoodbye

Sun 5 Aug, 2018 02:53 pm
@Olivier5,
Bacteria to human evolution did not happen in this world, only in ppls brains/imaginations via religion. Scientific evidence and understanding confirm this.
Helloandgoodbye

Sun 5 Aug, 2018 02:56 pm
@Olivier5,
It is Not Hard to believe a chiwawa is part of the Dog ‘Kind’ or DNA group.
Mathematically possible through and through by design👍
Mathematically impossible and difficult to believe is believing these Dogs morphed from bacteria, despite scientific knowledge and understanding.

Not one bacteria ever observed being created by randomness, and not one bacteria ever being observed increasing in conplexity.
They are ‘stuck.’ To their designed adaptability limits.
cicerone imposter

Sun 5 Aug, 2018 04:56 pm
@Helloandgoodbye,
Quote:
... despite scientific knowledge and understanding.

Thank you for my good laugh for today.
0 Replies

Setanta

Sun 5 Aug, 2018 08:11 pm
@Helloandgoodbye,
And you never will. If I want to confront ICR bullshit, I'll go to the source to tell them that they're morons.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Sun 5 Aug, 2018 11:05 pm
@Helloandgoodbye,
Helloandgoodbye wrote:
Bacteria to human evolution did not happen in this world, only in ppls brains/imaginations via religion. Scientific evidence and understanding confirm this.

And yet bacteria have DNA and RNA just like dogs. The cellular machinery is basically the same. Their cell walls are made of the same material than dogs' cell walls, etc. If there's a god involved, he lacks imagination.
OldGrumpy

Sun 5 Aug, 2018 11:15 pm
@Olivier5,
"And yet bacteria have DNA and RNA just like dogs. The cellular machinery is basically the same. "

And now let just DNA falsifies neo-darwinian theory!

What a joke this evo-lotion is!