Why do people deny evolution?

izzythepush

Thu 26 Jul, 2018 11:26 am
@Leadfoot,
No he quotes them, and he clearly knows what he's talking about, science wise. The other side's evidence is clearly a load of mad bollocks and wishful thinking.

It's the difference between seeing things as they are and desperately looking for something that exists in a book and then getting angry when you can't find it. Making **** up and then getting angry when people don't believe the **** you've made up.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Thu 26 Jul, 2018 11:29 am
@Leadfoot,
farmerman has given you a source, something that debunks your stale, old discredited arguments, but you've not asked to check that out.
0 Replies

farmerman

Thu 26 Jul, 2018 12:00 pm
@Leadfoot,
I am reallytired of being the only one who dregs up evidence from careful reading and understanding . Pick out a realy good point that you think Denton made (with attendent evidence only please). Maybe I can show you some of the rebuttals from working scientists.

izzythepush

Thu 26 Jul, 2018 12:03 pm
@farmerman,
I appreciate it, I couldn't be arsed to do it.
farmerman

Thu 26 Jul, 2018 12:21 pm
@izzythepush,
no prob, Im just tired of these guys forcing that stuff be repeated over and over. maybe thats why gunga keeps plopping down his ****, hes using the USSR thing about "the big lie" (best believe d when said loud and repeated and repeated).
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Thu 26 Jul, 2018 12:22 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Comprehension not your thing.

farmerman wrote:

I always thought "Evolution, a theory in crisis" was debunked when Gould took it apart convincingly.(and that was about 30 years ago).

You call that an argument? He references a name with no other reference and claims he debunked something 30 years ago?

You do know that is a philosophical argumentation joke don’t you? Like if I said “If only you had read what Chambliss wrote 50 years ago you would realize how wrong you are.”

That will get you laughed out of any serious debate.

Either cite a specific scientific argument from your source or go home. Do you really think people are obligated to go back decades and search everything Gould wrote to see WTF he’s talking about?
farmerman

Thu 26 Jul, 2018 12:24 pm
@Leadfoot,
How bout Denton's views of macro, v micro volution?
How about the way he claimed that Eustenopteron NEVER was a precursor to Icthyostega?
He said this in 1986
(SUMBITCH didnt a bunch of scientists discover and intermedite fossil even closer to both than either of Eustenop.. or Icthyo...
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Thu 26 Jul, 2018 12:40 pm
Not entirely dead. I do appreciate his efforts to recover that Dino Juice that I love to burn.

Other than that, yeah, pretty much dead.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Thu 26 Jul, 2018 01:16 pm
@Leadfoot,
Is that what you think this is, a serious debate?

It's just a talking shop for bollocks. You've missed an opportunity to point out how stupid Gunga's ideas are re the age of the Earth. While you're at it you can ask him why he likes to deny the Srebrenica massacre, or maybe you just like cosying up to lowlives who deny genocide.
farmerman

Thu 26 Jul, 2018 02:31 pm
@izzythepush,
I guess I aint gonna be sending gungasnale a nice Xmas Present this year.
Leadfoot

Thu 26 Jul, 2018 05:03 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Is that what you think this is, a serious debate?

It's just a talking shop for bollocks.
. Some of us take our bollocks more seriously than others.
izzythepush

Thu 26 Jul, 2018 06:00 pm
@Leadfoot,
Clearly they do, but it doesn't make it any the less bollocky.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Thu 26 Jul, 2018 06:02 pm
@farmerman,
Something he'd find nice would most probably not be.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Thu 26 Jul, 2018 06:05 pm
@Leadfoot,
Not addressed Srebrenica? What are your feelings about those who deny genocide? Would you rather talk bollocks about whether God's fingerprints are all over a quasar than a real moral issue?

You know morality, something religion's supposed to be all about.
farmerman

Thu 26 Jul, 2018 07:40 pm
@izzythepush,
getting some popcorn and a cider
izzythepush

Sat 28 Jul, 2018 07:30 am
@farmerman,
Well that was a deafening silence, can't say I'm surprised. I've found religious people to be the cruellest, most morally bankrupt, bigoted individuals I've ever come across.

We've got bigotry against the LGBT community, paedophile members of the clergy whose hierarchy has turned a blind eye to abuse, historical promotion of racism and slavery, not to mention purges and inquisitions. And now, when push comes to shove, Leadfoot stays tightlipped on matters of genocide just so he won't offend his neo Nazi buddy Gunga.

Just for the record I condemn the Srebrenica massacre, and confirm that the evidence for the massacre is overwhelming, and those who deny it are no different from Holocaust deniers, no different at all.

People who keep quiet about such atrocities are no different morally from those who collaborated with the Nazis.
cicerone imposter

Sat 28 Jul, 2018 09:24 am
@izzythepush,
Look at the silence we're experiencing from the Trump crowd. Giuliani, once a good attorney, lost it with Trump. How can anybody of good conscience support a womanizer who has cheated on all his wives, lies all the time, and makes decisions contrary to normal human social behavior?
0 Replies

farmerman

Sat 28 Jul, 2018 09:57 am
@izzythepush,
I think we lost some of em now that the new fossil Homo has been reported (after years of study on the thing). Its not a supporter of a Creation or even space alien interaction. Its a fossil that supports a complex longer drawn out convoluted trail of evolution our species has followed.

Anyway. Leadfoot's living in Colorado for the summer and hes probably out trashing the countryside with experimental cars.Dont know what happend to the others. Gunga is probably receiving orders from Pooty Poot
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Sun 29 Jul, 2018 12:34 pm
The Interzone can be dead for days at a time out here. I don’t know what I’d say to Izzy's demand that I fix all the worlds problems anyway. Hey, if Evolution explains everything, blame it.

The M240i was incredible on the trip through Canada btw. Blasting around 10 car backups behind slow trucks made me euphoric. The mountain roads through Jasper and Banff were spectacular, 300 miles of twisty roads and eye candy. Almost no cops in Canada compared to US.
izzythepush

Sun 29 Jul, 2018 12:42 pm
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:

. I don’t know what I’d say to Izzy's demand that I fix all the worlds problems anyway.

All I asked was if you were prepared to condemn the Srebrenica massacre and those who deny that it happened.

If that is such an onerous task that you see it as the same as fixing all the world's problems you'd best not bother.

Most of us don't find common decency so laborious.