Why do people deny evolution?

izzythepush

Fri 13 Jan, 2017 11:08 am
@geochelone,
Now you've answered him. Don't get bogged down wasting your time trying to enlighten someone who will not be told. Some people prefer superstition to science.

Having said that, some, (not all by any means,) see this as evidence of evolution on a shorter time scale.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Ronaldsay_sheep
0 Replies

geochelone

Fri 13 Jan, 2017 11:16 am
@rosborne979,
i agree with,there is no science that say nature is completely perfect.
but although not directly say or proven, the indirect method say nature miraculously perfect. such as the distance of sun to earth, the acceleration of gravity and many other thing. it just if it say the one who did is is god i cannot say yes or no. since until now there no way of proving existence of god.
and so for something that create the nature and all of its law must be really perfect.

but if by that, any religion that say that their god is the true one cause of it. than i will say that your religion is lying. since as far as i know every religion say that their god is perfect but if you read and learn about it from the holy script it have the god make many mistake and many half asses explanation. how can something like that make things that need really precise calculation.
MontereyJack

Fri 13 Jan, 2017 11:55 am
@geochelone,
You've got it backwards. It's not perfect for us, we're perfect for it. We evolved to fit the conditions there are. Had they been different, we would have evolved differently to fit the conditions extant.
cicerone imposter

Fri 13 Jan, 2017 11:57 am
@MontereyJack,
MJ, That's what I believe too.
0 Replies

Frugal1

Fri 13 Jan, 2017 12:01 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
It's not perfect for us, we're perfect for it. We evolved to fit the conditions there are. Had they been different, we would have evolved differently to fit the conditions extant.

Agreed, but politicians spend way to much time & money trying to change the conditions instead of adapting & evolving to the ever changing conditions. Whenever man attempts to change the natural process, he stifles / retards natural evolution
Below viewing threshold (view)
geochelone

Fri 13 Jan, 2017 12:15 pm
@MontereyJack,
hmm what u mean? from your point what i see both is valid. when u say that we'perfect for it. of course i know and agree about that. but using my assumption that even when we don't exist the position of earth will still be the same and because of it, there will sprout a life form from it. and that life form is like you say try to be perfect for it . by this both what you say is valid right?
0 Replies

geochelone

Fri 13 Jan, 2017 12:26 pm
@gungasnake,
i know i must leave this kind of stupid thing. but somehow i really amaze how dumb is u try to copy paste all that stupid info that don't give complete proof to backing up the claim that it gives.
even without giving any decisive proof u still say the claim is true and valid.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Fri 13 Jan, 2017 01:39 pm
@geochelone,
geochelone wrote:
i agree with,there is no science that say nature is completely perfect. but although not directly say or proven, the indirect method say nature miraculously perfect. such as the distance of sun to earth, the acceleration of gravity and many other thing.

It shouldn't amaze anyone that the puddle of water exactly fits the shape of the pot-hole it is in. Nor should it amaze anyone that life exactly fits the planet it evolved on. This is not a complex idea.
geochelone

Fri 13 Jan, 2017 02:09 pm
@rosborne979,
well i mean why must the distance of a planet must be fixed like now so that it can have life form. cause there scientist that say if the distance of earth as 3rd planet further than 1 cm or even closer 1 cm to a sun then there will no living creature.
same as otherthing like gravity and so on.

that what i mean by need a perfect precise calculation.

and also the complex idea is a debate of chromosome of living thing not the law of nature. since indeed living thing dna is really complex.
MontereyJack

Fri 13 Jan, 2017 02:52 pm
@geochelone,
NO ONE says 1*cm closer or farther away wpuld make life impossible. NO ONE.*The orbits of all planets are elliptical, not cicular, so their distances to the sun are always changing, and that has nevefr wiped out life on the earth. And the argument that the earth is perfectly sited falls flat when you look at all the other planets with as afar as we know no life. so what
s your excuse for them? Pretty wasteful of a god to make them wrong, isn't it? And life as we know it couldn't have happened for the first several billion years anyway. The earth was NOT perfect for humans. We couldn't breathe the atmosphere--no free oxygen there. Organizms like algae could evolve in that atmosphere. They breathed CO2 and broke it down and used the carbon to form their components, and pooped the waste product, free oxygen, which is fiercely reactive and would never exist for long in breathable quantities without phostosynthetic life. We literally exist on algae ****. That is not exactly preformed pergect conditions.
Frugal1

Fri 13 Jan, 2017 02:56 pm
@MontereyJack,
0bama's climate change initiative includes changing Earth's orbit
from elliptical to circular, he said it was the right thing to do.

I think he's an idiot.
MontereyJack

Fri 13 Jan, 2017 03:15 pm
@Frugal1,
Evolution is slow, over many generations. Human-caused change can happen in a generation or two, far faster than we could evolve to adapt. It doesn't help if we could adapt in, say, 50000 years to something if it those conditions would wipe us out in 100 years. Remember higher human civilizations have all Extinction events can wipe out a whole population in a short time, a generation or less, or they can gradually reduce a population. If a residual population is left which can adapt to changing conditions, then the organism can survive, but that's scant consolation to the organisms that died . It's a delicate balance/ the population crunch, which can be most of the population. We're living in increasingly perilous knife-edge conditions. 10% our population grows the food the other 90% eats. Mooost of our foostuffs come from one or a couple species of plants. That makes them susceptible to diseases which can wipe out All of a monoculture, say one variety of wheat. Plant diseases are always evolving. If climate change causes snowpacks to melt earlier, so that river runoff comes earlier than growing plants can utilize it (whichwer are already seeing signs of), then river-based agriculture, much of the world's food stuffs, can fail, and millions can die. We ARE already changing our conditions, and that can easily ush us offthe knife edge we're living on.
MontereyJack

Fri 13 Jan, 2017 03:17 pm
@Frugal1,
that's bullshit. He never said that.
geochelone

Fri 13 Jan, 2017 03:18 pm
@MontereyJack,
oh ok i was wrong about it sorry. not a scientist but an astronomer that say if the distance of earth off even few cm it will lead to higher chance of extinction of living thing.
i never say for human, but i just assume that the astrologist that give seminar in my class before as a true. so if his knowledge is true, then the position of earth is the most ideal place to conserve life form. so it actually by chance the ideal place for living thing to spur. but that doesn't mean the life will automatically survive for long time. if the first life form unable to adapt and evolve to the environment around it. than there will no human now.(i don't mean the event happen immediately, of course it take billion or so much more years. it just the sequence of the event that happen although i skip many part of it since i lazy to type all of it)

i really sorry about my wrong memory cause u know human memory sometimes is so vague when try to recall several month of already happened event precisely
0 Replies

Frugal1

Fri 13 Jan, 2017 03:31 pm
@MontereyJack,
Of course he did, he said it was the right thing to do.
0 Replies

Frugal1

Fri 13 Jan, 2017 03:32 pm
@MontereyJack,
Makes you wonder why 0bama is so anti-farm.
gungasnake

Fri 13 Jan, 2017 03:44 pm
Evolution is a zombie theory, basically a dead theory walking.

Chuck Darwin himself said that if anybody could ever demonstrate a single feature of a living creature which could not conceivably have arisen step-wise via mutations with each step representing some sort of an advantage over the previous, than his theory would crash and burn.

There are more than one choice for such a feature but,of all the things which could never possibly evolve, my pick for #1 is flight feathers.

Consider feathers, which come in more than one form. Down feathers serve for insulation and are not that much different from hair or fur. An evolutionist could talk about fur mutating into down feathers and not sound totally stupid. But flight feathers are so totally different from down feathers that you'd need TWO mutations to get to them i.e. one mutation to get from fur to down feathers and then another to get from down feathers to flight feathers.

http://creationexnihilo.weebly.com/uploads/2/4/9/9/24993473/2095641_orig.jpg
Flight feathers involve a complex system of barbules and hooks as the image shows to create the strength needed to bear weight. Down feathers don't have any of that stuff.

Flight feathers are asymmetric (one side shorter than other) and they pivot so as to open and let air pass through on upstrokes and close again on down-strokes and the short side is the locking side.

The question is, what kind of a mutation would cause down feathers to mutate into flight feathers ONLY ON THE CREATURE'S ARMS where they will be needed after other mutations turn those arms into wings??

Evolutionism basically amounts to a belief in magic. Flight feathers are one of the most easily grasped instances of this, but there are others which are just as bad.

geochelone

Fri 13 Jan, 2017 04:09 pm
@gungasnake,
ok ok i just don't want to explain anything. let say what u say is true. so evolution is magic right.

but that also same as Creationism
where every thing magically create by the so mighty god without given any prove or how it happen. so the Creationism is not any better in that term.
0 Replies

farmerman

Fri 13 Jan, 2017 05:24 pm
@gungasnake,
I see youre still pushing your tired and OOD Creationist crap gunga. Why not just do some reading of more recent information(qnd more technical papers) and Looking qt the fossil record alone, we can see the evolution of downy feathers to scales (in several genera of ceratopsian dinosaurs of the J to K , as well a evolution of types of feathers from other genera of ceratopsians.

Youre not doing any service to anyone by posting your **** (most pf which is 30 years old n, I hope you know that we make new discoveries and hve done gene editing on extnt birds to recreate their evolutionary history)

If all wht you sqy is even holding drop of truth, why are all those "fossil genes" lying there in living birds and why hve some species and families of birds showing fether typology from all stqges of evolution??

Im afraid its you who's in a quickly declining minority. Maybe if youd stop hanging around and buying all that **** from all those Lysenkoist "scientists", your mind would be a bit more receptive to facts.

You believe what you want (I know that somehow you reject real research and are left only with these fact-free an dumass Creationist /ID beliefs. Remember what Neil Degrass Tyson says.
"Facts remain true whether you believe them or not"