Why do people deny evolution?

High Strangeness

Mon 19 Sep, 2016 09:47 am
Quote:
For those who are not aware, HS is Romeo Fabulini reborn.

Haha you conspiracy theorists are always good for a laugh..Smile
It's been 2 years since Fabulini was in A2K yet he struck such fear into fundies and atheists that you're still imagining you're seeing him under every bush..Smile
High Strangeness

Mon 19 Sep, 2016 09:51 am
@Smileyrius,
Quote:
Until today, I had mistaken you for someone who had actually read the bible.

You're wrong again..Smile
At least you admit in your profile that-"I am neither a scholar, nor an intellectual, I have no qualifications nor recognitions. I have been known to be wrong before, but am happy to continue to learn by each and every mistake."
izzythepush

Mon 19 Sep, 2016 10:17 am
@High Strangeness,
You're not smart enough to pretend to be someone else Romeo. It's obvious who you are for so many reasons, not least your elevated sense of self importance.

Btw, I would never mistake you someone who'd read a book, any book.
0 Replies

High Strangeness

Mon 19 Sep, 2016 02:26 pm
Quote:
You're not smart enough to pretend to be someone else Romeo. It's obvious who you are for so many reasons, not least your elevated sense of self importance.

I'm flattered you should think I'm Romeo, he's a legendary superstar of the internet debating circuit!
I share his confidence and fearlessness, i's a trait all we holy men have..Smile
I'm told he used to have people here rofling with his sensational pics, such as the one of Jesus on a bike wearing a winner's yellow jersey, but I haven't posted a single pic here..Smile
PS- Are you Romeo in disguise, accusing others of being him to cover your tracks? Do you post pics too?
izzythepush

Mon 19 Sep, 2016 04:07 pm
@High Strangeness,
There's that elevated sense of self importance.

Completely unwarranted btw.
High Strangeness

Mon 19 Sep, 2016 05:17 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
There's that elevated sense of self importance.
Completely unwarranted btw.

But Christians have got every right to regard themselves as a cut above everybody else, because God calls them his "elect", his "sons and daughters", and Jesus calls them his "friends" and "the salt of the earth" and that he'll "speak their names to God" with his own lips..Smile
cicerone imposter

Mon 19 Sep, 2016 05:20 pm
@High Strangeness,
"God" is a non-existing entity, and cannot claim anything. Men created god(s), and made women second class humans. Everybody born is someones son and daughter. That's how biology works.
High Strangeness

Mon 19 Sep, 2016 05:29 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
..Men created god(s), and made women second class humans..

Why on earth would anybody want to invent Christianity?
As for women, i know some heathen religions treat 'em like muck, but Christianity certainly doesn't..Smile-
"There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus" (Galatians 3:28 )

cicerone imposter

Mon 19 Sep, 2016 05:38 pm
@High Strangeness,
Christianity certainly does.

https://rachellemackenzieshalom.wordpress.com/discrimination-against-women-in-the-bible/

Quote:
Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee. (Bible, Genesis 3:16)
High Strangeness

Mon 19 Sep, 2016 06:03 pm
You fundies love to quote from the Old T..Wink
If the Old T is all we needed, why was Jesus sent to give us the New T?
cicerone imposter

Mon 19 Sep, 2016 07:04 pm
@High Strangeness,
It doesn't matter, because the bible is the word of god.
cicerone imposter

Mon 19 Sep, 2016 07:05 pm
@cicerone imposter,
https://bible.org/seriespage/4-bible-written-word-god
0 Replies

High Strangeness

Mon 19 Sep, 2016 09:20 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
It doesn't matter, because the bible is the word of god.

Yes but the problem is our human minds sometimes can't grasp God's thoughts..Smile
For example I've been trying to grasp the meaning of the ending of the Space Odyssey film for 40 years.
“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the Lord" (Isaiah 55:8)
cicerone imposter

Mon 19 Sep, 2016 09:21 pm
@High Strangeness,
If god is unable to communicate with humans, that's the best religious joke of our times.
High Strangeness

Mon 19 Sep, 2016 09:24 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
If god is unable to communicate with humans, that's the best religious joke of our times.

He sent Jesus as his front man to do the communicating for him..Smile
Jesus said - "For I have not spoken on my own authority; but the Father who sent me gave me a command, what I should say and what I should speak" (John 12:49)

cicerone imposter

Mon 19 Sep, 2016 09:25 pm
@High Strangeness,
That's not the point. God should be able to communicate in ANY language. That's if he is really god.
High Strangeness

Mon 19 Sep, 2016 10:32 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
That's not the point. God should be able to communicate in ANY language. That's if he is really god.

Jesus said- "God is spirit.."(John 4:24), and because spirits haven't got vocal chords, he had to send a string of prophets and Jesus to do his talking for him..Smile
High Strangeness

Mon 19 Sep, 2016 10:37 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
"Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee" (Bible, Genesis 3:16)

That's ancient Old T stuff, Jesus softened all that and women stuck with him to the end..Smile-
"Jesus cried out with a loud voice, and breathed his last. There were also women looking on from afar, among whom were Mary Magdalene and Salome, who followed him and ministered to him when he was in Galilee, and many other women who came up with him to Jerusalem" (Mark 15:37)
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Mon 19 Sep, 2016 10:39 pm
@High Strangeness,
http://biblehub.com/genesis/1-27.htm

"Man was created in god's image." A 5th grader could translate that statement.
High Strangeness

Mon 19 Sep, 2016 10:44 pm
@cicerone imposter,
In other cultures, women were treated like cattle, for example in Japan in relatively modern times-
Wiki- "..the status of women declined. In the 17th century, the “Onna Daigaku,” or “Learning for Women,” spelled out expectations for Japanese women, stating that "such is the stupidity of her character that it is incumbent on her, in every particular, to distrust herself and to obey her husband."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_in_Japan