Why do people deny evolution?

martinies

Thu 8 Oct, 2015 03:04 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Locality(the universe) came logicaly from nonlocality. And nonlocality can be seen as the relativity in the ongoing event. Dna is a part of the on going event and was made and change by relativity which is in fact nonlocality.
0 Replies

Briancrc

Thu 8 Oct, 2015 03:49 am
@Quehoniaomath,
While you might not accept morphological changes within or across breeds as what leads to macroevolution, "the molecular sequence evidence gives the most impressive and irrefutable evidence for the genealogical relatedness of all life. The nature of molecular sequences allows for extremely impressive probability calculations that demonstrate how well the predictions of common descent with modification actually match empirical observation. Common descent is a deduction that directly follows from premises based on empirically observed molecular evidence. In addition, knowledge of biological molecular mechanisms and structures, combined with macroevolutionary theory, has given very specific, novel, and testable biomolecular predictions.".

The size differences of a teacup poodle and a great Dane are important ones as it "is extremely important for common descent, since the major morphological differences between many species (e.g. species of amphibians, reptiles, mammals, and birds) are simple alterations in size of certain aspects of their respective parahomologous structures."
Quehoniaomath

Thu 8 Oct, 2015 09:33 am
@Briancrc,
Quote:
While you might not accept morphological changes within or across breeds as what leads to macroevolution, "the molecular sequence evidence gives the most impressive and irrefutable evidence for the genealogical relatedness of all life. The nature of molecular sequences allows for extremely impressive probability calculations that demonstrate how well the predictions of common descent with modification actually match empirical observation. Common descent is a deduction that directly follows from premises based on empirically observed molecular evidence. In addition, knowledge of biological molecular mechanisms and structures, combined with macroevolutionary theory, has given very specific, novel, and testable biomolecular predictions.".

The size differences of a teacup poodle and a great Dane are important ones as it "is extremely important for common descent, since the major morphological differences between many species (e.g. species of amphibians, reptiles, mammals, and birds) are simple alterations in size of certain aspects of their respective parahomologous structures."

Sounds good at the surface of it.

However, how good it may sound, the problem remains there is proof and evidence needed.

That is the crux of the matter. There is NO EVIDENCE.

Why is that so difficult to 'grok', mate?
0 Replies

martinies

Thu 8 Oct, 2015 10:20 pm
@Briancrc,
Action is created by the relativity in the action. The geometery of energy is relativity. Relativity causes the action of dna. Animals change form because of there relativity to the environment. Relativity changes the geometery of life forms. Relativity is nonlocality. As einstien said everything is a form of relative geometry and dna is just that.
0 Replies

Briancrc

Fri 9 Oct, 2015 03:58 am
@JimmyJ,
Quote:
Why do people deny evolution?

There are a multitude of reasons why people cling to their beliefs and reject facts. It is well known that presenting more facts will not change evolution deniers beliefs. The knowledge deficit model rarely changes this outcome. The science is necessary, but not sufficient to change beliefs.

Denialism is rooted in ideology and culture. People happily reject facts when those facts disagree with their views and ideological positions. Ideologies are things we all have, but they can become an impediment to the truth. When the belief that something very important is going to be lost if evolution is correct then evolution deniers' fingers get firmly stuck in their ears. The notion of having to give up one's god, one's belief in the literal interpretations of the Bible, the loss of salvation, the loss of a center for morality and behavior, the loss of friends and social support, or the thought that loved ones have not gone to a better place and that we will not see those loved ones ever again are thoughts many deniers have if evolution is true (these data come from a 2010 study comparing Canadians, Americans, and Brittish attitudes toward evolution). These perceived losses paralyze people's ability to at least temporarily view empirical evidence dispassionately and objectively.
FBM

Fri 9 Oct, 2015 04:02 am
@Briancrc,
You might find this interesting, if you're not already familiar with it:

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/the-certainty-bias/

Quote:
The Certainty Bias: A Potentially Dangerous Mental Flaw
Briancrc

Fri 9 Oct, 2015 04:12 am
@FBM,
I hadn't read it, but I can see how it could be related to other research on the reinforcing effectiveness of successful behavior.

I imagine that in politics we get candidates sticking firmly to their positions also because society has punished nuanced and flexible thinking. If you modify your position in American politics then you're a flip-flopper. Thanks FBM!
FBM

Fri 9 Oct, 2015 04:28 am
@Briancrc,
Yup. And if you extend the principle into the psychologies of religion and denialism, it helps explain from a neuroscientific viewpoint why no amount of facts and data is likely to ever dislodge them from the beliefs that they ever-so-fervently desire to be true.

Also, the religious equivalent of a flip-flopper would be an apostate, I think. The worst kind of human. Wink

Smileyrius

Fri 9 Oct, 2015 05:45 am
@FBM,
I think it would be dangerous to apply the principle primarily to the religious. This is a similar study that makes for interesting reading
http://bigthink.com/experts-corner/decisions-are-emotional-not-logical-the-neuroscience-behind-decision-making
martinies

Fri 9 Oct, 2015 05:52 am
@FBM,
Thats all very cossy. But the fact is mental states relate to consciousness and religion is just that a mental state relating to consciousness as conscience. You your self (meaning mental state) relate to consciousness as a frame of reference.
0 Replies

FBM

Fri 9 Oct, 2015 05:54 am
@Smileyrius,
Smileyrius wrote:

I think it would be dangerous to apply the principle primarily to the religious. This is a similar study that makes for interesting reading
http://bigthink.com/experts-corner/decisions-are-emotional-not-logical-the-neuroscience-behind-decision-making

Thanks for that. No, I didn't mean to imply that the principle should be applied primarily to the religious, only that it's interesting when it is. I've had that page (mine, not yours) bookmarked for years and refer to it to keep myself in check, too.
Smileyrius

Fri 9 Oct, 2015 06:12 am
@FBM,
That's ok chap, I actually agree with you on that
I always try to operate under the presumption that my evaluation of the world around me is quite possibly wrong, but it is hard sometimes not to fall into the trap of reading someone making confident statements that I disagree with and not rolling the eyes and proclaiming poppycock (not in relation to your post above Wink )
martinies

Fri 9 Oct, 2015 09:59 am
@Smileyrius,
The brains workings ultimately have relate to consciousness as there frame of reference.
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Fri 9 Oct, 2015 12:31 pm
lot's of bla bla but the lack of evidence isn't even adressed.

Well, you have to if you want to keep your evolution-FAITH alive.
MontereyJack

Fri 9 Oct, 2015 01:13 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
It has been addresse. You ignored it. Ostriches don't really bury their heads in the sand but you do.
Quehoniaomath

Fri 9 Oct, 2015 03:07 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
It has been addresse. You ignored it. Ostriches don't really bury their heads in the sand but you do.

writing "It has been addresse." is of course not saying a thing at all!
Just SHOW me were it was adressed. You very simply can't.

Why?

Again, I will repeat and repeat that there is NO EVIDENCE.

and denial ain't only a river in egypt, mate Wink
0 Replies

martinies

Fri 9 Oct, 2015 03:26 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
Faith is the relativity between brain function and the consciousness that its inside of. Beond faith there is consciousness which is real you. Real you is pure relativity transending locality as nonlocality. The kingdom of heaven exists as nonlocality.
Briancrc

Fri 9 Oct, 2015 03:51 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
The same amount of faith as there is for the planets revolving around the sun.
martinies

Fri 9 Oct, 2015 03:59 pm
@martinies,
Quantum nonlocality is relativity.
martinies

Fri 9 Oct, 2015 09:05 pm
@martinies,
Quantum nonlocality the unmoving thing and the relativity in changing moving things is the exact same nothing that existed before anything was in exstance. So the relativity that produced dna is god which is your relative consciousness. Come on fbm you must understand that me old china.