Why do people deny evolution?

FBM

Mon 27 Jul, 2015 02:26 am
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/DinahFyre/11698585_1161535907195192_4870257033766194551_n.jpg
martinies

Mon 27 Jul, 2015 06:06 am
@FBM,
Religions have enabled societies to function .
Syamsu

Mon 27 Jul, 2015 06:16 am
@Amoh5,
It's all whatever. If somebody doesn't accept freedom is real and relevant, then they are not religious. And I'm sure all the Christians you mention did actually accept freedom is real and relevant in the universe.

But many religious are entering in a very strange union with atheists, providing intellectual legitemacy to denying freedom is real. They are the enemies of freedom and religion.
Quehoniaomath

Mon 27 Jul, 2015 08:18 am
@martinies,
Quote:
Religions have enabled societies to function .

really? How many killings have been there in the name of a religion?
Amoh5

Mon 27 Jul, 2015 08:43 am
@Syamsu,
With all groups whether they are atheists or not, you get the good and the bad, the informed and the misinformed, i could hardly believe they would all be alike, unless however you are fixated on focusing only on one side of a group.
Syamsu

Mon 27 Jul, 2015 08:57 am
@Amoh5,
The point is not particularly atheism, it is validation of subjectivity.

I know it is respectable in intellectual circles to deny free will is real. I just don't agree with that, and I don't think religion can function without it. I mean what about your soul when you don't have free will, and what about God judging your soul? I am not asking, I am just saying I have considered it, and I don't buy it.
Krumple

Mon 27 Jul, 2015 09:07 am
@Syamsu,
Syamsu wrote:

The point is not particularly atheism, it is validation of subjectivity.

I know it is respectable in intellectual circles to deny free will is real. I just don't agree with that, and I don't think religion can function without it. I mean what about your soul when you don't have free will, and what about God judging your soul? I am not asking, I am just saying I have considered it, and I don't buy it.

Even within the theology, god interferes with free will, (if it even exists to begin with). The hardening of the hearts of several characters. Why is god interfering if he has given you free will? He is purposely making these people make poor choices? Doesn't seem very fair especially if he is going to turn around and punish them.
Syamsu

Mon 27 Jul, 2015 10:13 am
@Krumple,
You get a right to speak about it once you support creationism. Once you accept the fact that freedom is real and relevant in the universe, and accept that it is a subjective issue what the agency of any decision is. So thar basically means you never get a right to speak about it evolutionist. ...
0 Replies

neologist

Mon 27 Jul, 2015 11:27 am
@Krumple,
Krumple wrote:
Even within the theology, god interferes with free will, (if it even exists to begin with). The hardening of the hearts of several characters. Why is god interfering if he has given you free will? He is purposely making these people make poor choices? Doesn't seem very fair especially if he is going to turn around and punish them.
This probably belongs in another thread; but I can think of only 2 reasons why a just God would 'harden one's heart. Both most likely include the person being used as an object lesson or to fulfill prophecy.
>One is that he has already judged the person as wicked. (Not likely, IMO)
>Or, the person will qualiify for resurrection according to John 5:28-29
That would mean it's possible folks like Pharoah and Pilate may get another chance at life. (IMO, I have no citations to directly support this)

This seems reasonable in contemplating the eventual meeting of David and Uriah. That should be a very interesting conversation. There are many other stumbling bible characters I expect to see.

You are close enough for coffee someday, I think. We should do that.
0 Replies

martinies

Mon 27 Jul, 2015 12:25 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
Religion is part of the nature of man because consciousness is god and underlyingly the brain loves the unmoving maker of its electro magnetism.
Amoh5

Tue 28 Jul, 2015 12:47 am
@Syamsu,
It is absurd when people try to use religion to evaluate the study of physics. For me, religion and physics are two very different topics. Christianity or religion cannot evaluate the study of physics at all, religion evaluates the study of human family psychology/spirituality, things of a moral and emotional nature that determines how we think towards ourselves, other people and other species. The human spirit gets bombarded by so many psychological/spiritual questions that physics cannot explain. Who is really my family, friend and foe? Are they just crooks all out for their own self gradification? Are they genuine or just good pretenders? Is there really any human grace in people? Why do they act like that? Are they really innocent? Are they just freaks? Should I trust them? Is anything sacred to those people? Do they deserve to die? Is racism okay? Shall i show them any love &respect? Should i even value human life? Am i obligated to support the well being of other species instead of my own? Why isn't everyday perfect? Why do things sometimes go magically wrong? How do i think towards death? How do i react to such a competitive crazy world? Is there any trustworthy teacher out there that can explain all this? Yes, for me its Lord Jesus. Without him I'd probably go bonkers. So that annoying word 'religion' does have some place in life. Religion doesn't necessarily have to contain god, gods or goddesses either, just an ideology on human values and morals. Religion is merely the basis of ones psychology, their emotional, moral and spiritual nature. When something is wrong with me and i don't have much trust in people or myself, i turn to Lord Jesus for answers. When something is wrong with the car i turn to physics to get the answers. When people try to evaluate the study of physics using religion they run into a brick wall. When people try to evaluate religion using physics they run into another brick wall. Religion(psychology) and physics are two very different topics.
martinies

Tue 28 Jul, 2015 02:02 am
@Amoh5,
Amoh. The universe exists as a singularity of its self. There cannot be any unconnected things one from another. You your self as an observer are automaticaly connecting religion with physics just by discussing them together you become your self the common denominator of the two into the singlularity of consciousness. The stationary thing is the union of all. God is stationary.
Amoh5

Tue 28 Jul, 2015 02:31 am
@martinies,
Martinies i am not talking about fractions here, i am talking about differentiating between religion and physics, how they are misused. The word 'God' is not necessary in this equation, but if it helps you resolve, i understand.
martinies

Tue 28 Jul, 2015 03:25 am
@Amoh5,
Yes the unchanging and unmoving certain thing which did not happen to exist is ultimately responsible for change ,evolution and movement in caused uncertain things.
0 Replies

Syamsu

Tue 28 Jul, 2015 04:39 am
@Amoh5,
Don't talk nonsense to me loser. That you fail to acknowledge the fact freedom is real, as a physical reality, means your religion is empty. That's reality.
Quehoniaomath

Tue 28 Jul, 2015 04:41 am
@martinies,
nope

religion is here to keep us from real spirituality
0 Replies

FBM

Tue 28 Jul, 2015 05:29 am
Freedom is an abstract concept.

Quote:
Reification (fallacy)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reification (also known as concretism, hypostatization, or the fallacy of misplaced concreteness) is a fallacy of ambiguity, when an abstraction (abstract belief or hypothetical construct) is treated as if it were a concrete, real event, or physical entity. [1][2] In other words, it is the error of treating something which is not concrete, such as an idea, as a concrete thing. A common case of reification is the confusion of a model with reality. Mathematical or simulation models may help understand a system or situation, but they model an abstract and simple mental image, not real life (which will also differ from the model): "the map is not the territory".
Reification is part of normal usage of natural language (just like metonymy for instance), as well as of literature, where a reified abstraction is intended as a figure of speech, and actually understood as such. But the use of reification in logical reasoning or rhetoric is misleading and usually regarded as a fallacy.[citation needed]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reification_(fallacy)
0 Replies

Amoh5

Tue 28 Jul, 2015 07:06 am
@Syamsu,
I don't think much your nonsensical reply, however i suggest if you pull your head out from your backside you will begin to see the light of reality. Its been a waste of precious time talking to an idiot like you
0 Replies

Krumple

Tue 28 Jul, 2015 07:27 am
@Amoh5,
Amoh5 wrote:

It is absurd when people try to use religion to evaluate the study of physics. For me, religion and physics are two very different topics. Christianity or religion cannot evaluate the study of physics at all, religion evaluates the study of human family psychology/spirituality, things of a moral and emotional nature that determines how we think towards ourselves, other people and other species. The human spirit gets bombarded by so many psychological/spiritual questions that physics cannot explain. Who is really my family, friend and foe? Are they just crooks all out for their own self gradification? Are they genuine or just good pretenders? Is there really any human grace in people? Why do they act like that? Are they really innocent? Are they just freaks? Should I trust them? Is anything sacred to those people? Do they deserve to die? Is racism okay? Shall i show them any love &respect? Should i even value human life? Am i obligated to support the well being of other species instead of my own? Why isn't everyday perfect? Why do things sometimes go magically wrong? How do i think towards death? How do i react to such a competitive crazy world? Is there any trustworthy teacher out there that can explain all this? Yes, for me its Lord Jesus. Without him I'd probably go bonkers. So that annoying word 'religion' does have some place in life. Religion doesn't necessarily have to contain god, gods or goddesses either, just an ideology on human values and morals. Religion is merely the basis of ones psychology, their emotional, moral and spiritual nature. When something is wrong with me and i don't have much trust in people or myself, i turn to Lord Jesus for answers. When something is wrong with the car i turn to physics to get the answers. When people try to evaluate the study of physics using religion they run into a brick wall. When people try to evaluate religion using physics they run into another brick wall. Religion(psychology) and physics are two very different topics.

Amoh although I think you did a great break down here. I have to say I think christianity fails to help even on psychological or emotional human issues or problems.

In some ways christianity induces and creates psychological and emotional issues that wouldn't normally be there. Many christians go into this uncertainty area where they are constantly wondering if they are on the right side of god. They worry if they are doing the right thing. I see this a lot when christians become atheists and one of their reliefs is this.

No longer worrying about making god happy with their life decisions. They talk about the emotional trauma that the theology put them through. So christianity doesn't address psychological or emotional problems it just creates more unnecessary problems.
martinies

Tue 28 Jul, 2015 12:09 pm
@Krumple,
Christianity is about identity. We are born with an origional identity which is the true self the local event then implants local identity . Christianity preaches nonlocal identity which is origonal identity. Jesus said you have to enter the king of heaven as a small child and identity is what he was on about.
0 Replies