Why do people deny evolution?

Quehoniaomath

Sun 26 Jul, 2015 01:23 pm
@Syamsu,
Quote:
On the painting there are 4 sheep and 2 cows in the meadow. Evidence forces to a conclusion. Whether the painting is beautiful is a matter of opinion. That conclusion is arrived at by expressing emotions with free wil, thus choosing the conclusion.

I mean it. study the psychology of perception.
Syamsu

Sun 26 Jul, 2015 01:30 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
You mean study what some evolutionist idiot calls perception?

Facts are forced by evidence, resulting in a model. And if the model is not 1 to 1, then it is corrected. There are still 4 sheep and 2 cows on the painting. And any other answer is wrong.
Syamsu

Sun 26 Jul, 2015 01:38 pm
@Krumple,
You are obviously yourself retarded. You regard the existence of love as fact, and when love is fact, then what is beautiful is also fact, because beauty is a love of the way something looks.
Quehoniaomath

Sun 26 Jul, 2015 01:42 pm
@Syamsu,
Quote:
You mean study what some evolutionist idiot calls perception?

a little.

Quote:
Facts are forced by evidence, resulting in a model. And if the model is not 1 to 1, then it is corrected. There are still 4 sheep and 2 cows on the painting. And any other answer is wrong.

As you might know, just one example doesn't prove or say anything aside from
kind of illustrating your point.

But it really doesn't mean anyting,

Yes, come on, start studying the psychology of perception and you will find out how wrong you are, But dare you?
Syamsu

Sun 26 Jul, 2015 01:53 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
I know I am right about this, and you are in fact wrong. This is not a matter of opinion.
Krumple

Sun 26 Jul, 2015 02:05 pm
@Syamsu,
Syamsu wrote:

You are obviously yourself retarded. You regard the existence of love as fact, and when love is fact, then what is beautiful is also fact, because beauty is a love of the way something looks.

Oh okay. I get it now, you are not a moron, you are absolutely delusional.
Syamsu

Sun 26 Jul, 2015 02:10 pm
@Krumple,
You reject subjectivity evolutionist. That has been shown clear enough in another topic that you are completely moronic about how subjectivity works.

This is the reason why nazi's conceived of the worth of people as a matter of scientific fact. It's because they rejected subjectivity altogether based on evolutionary theory.
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Sun 26 Jul, 2015 02:25 pm
@Syamsu,
Quote:
This is not a matter of opinion.

Of course it is, mate!
neologist

Sun 26 Jul, 2015 02:40 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
why archeology? you "believe" the data that shows familial associations on mummies but refuse to acknowledge the accuracy of sames when it comes to clades of animals and plants.
Why must I accept classification of animals as sufficient demonstration of evolution?

A potter can take clay and create a wide variety of artifacts from chamber pots to fine eating utensils to ornate works of art. The fact that nearly all contain kaolinite or similar related material does not change the role of the potter. Nor does the fact that they may all be placed in various groups.

You need not remind me of the light year's difference between kaolinite and deoxyribonucleic acid. Where my analogy fails in complexity, it succeds in simplicity.
0 Replies

neologist

Sun 26 Jul, 2015 02:48 pm
@Krumple,
Quehoniaomath wrote:
and of course again mixing up micro evolution with macro evolution.
krumple wrote:
Mixing up? They are connected. micro being shorter term while macro being longer term changes over time. Why not actually take a biology class so you might have an idea of what you are even talking about?
Actually, we are talking about a colossal leap of logic.
Syamsu

Sun 26 Jul, 2015 02:50 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
Kids should shut up and learn creationism is school, then they know what a fact is, and what an opinion is. That is the basis.
0 Replies

martinies

Sun 26 Jul, 2015 02:50 pm
@Krumple,
If the local universe is an illusion or a fiction to nonlocality then the laws of the that same universe are fictional facts. Example e=mc/2 would be a fictional local fact relative to a nonlocal absolute fact. Only nonlocality being truly real and all moving action being a relative virtual fiction to the stationary thing.
Syamsu

Sun 26 Jul, 2015 02:58 pm
@martinies,
quoting from a science book:

"and here we see how it is possible to have instant communication between each fermion state, and every other. It is accomplished via the vacuum.
.... the local interactions being fixed by potentials within E and p. However the vacuum outside any fermion, which incorporates the rest of the universe, holds in itself the possibility of changing the fermion state. Here we see the operation of the "observer" or "measuring device".....
0 Replies

Amoh5

Sun 26 Jul, 2015 04:53 pm
@Syamsu,
I don't agree with your one size fits all ideology or making generalised assumptions to put people into one catergory, indeed i am a Christian a follower of Christ only, Lord jesus, there is nowhere in the New Testament where Lord Jesus says or commands that i have to be a creationist. I don't take all literature in the New Testament literally either, i do consider myself a realist. I suggest you should return to your books and read them thoroughly.
farmerman

Sun 26 Jul, 2015 04:56 pm
@neologist,
Quote:
Actually, we are talking about a colossal leap of logic.
and you believe this why?
neologist

Sun 26 Jul, 2015 05:02 pm
@farmerman,
I remember a discussion we had about a zillion pages back in this thead.
It was about the blowhole, I believe. I'll try to find it.

But that is not the only complex characteristic for which intermediate links have yet to be found and, I suggest, cannot be found.
0 Replies

Syamsu

Sun 26 Jul, 2015 05:05 pm
@Amoh5,
You are playing intellectual mindgames. Not acknowledging the facts about how things are chosen in the universe makes you an atheist. Either you acknowledge freedom is real and relevant in the universe, or you are an atheist.
martinies

Sun 26 Jul, 2015 07:41 pm
@Syamsu,
Aitheism is attachment to the event by ignorance of the consciouse self relative to the event by the brain. The self being an identity of conscious awareness and not of a brain event .Its this attachment to the brain as identity that gives ignorance of self and restricts self awareness to the local event.
0 Replies

FBM

Sun 26 Jul, 2015 08:25 pm
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/15-answers-to-creationist/

Quote:
15 Answers to Creationist Nonsense
Opponents of evolution want to make a place for creationism by tearing down real science, but their arguments don't hold up
By John Rennie | Jun 17, 2002

1. Evolution is only a theory. It is not a fact or a scientific law.
13. Evolutionists cannot point to any transitional fossils--creatures that are half reptile and half bird, for instance.

Actually, paleontologists know of many detailed examples of fossils intermediate in form between various taxonomic groups. One of the most famous fossils of all time is Archaeopteryx, which combines feathers and skeletal structures peculiar to birds with features of dinosaurs. A flock's worth of other feathered fossil species, some more avian and some less, has also been found. A sequence of fossils spans the evolution of modern horses from the tiny Eohippus. Whales had four-legged ancestors that walked on land, and creatures known as Ambulocetus and Rodhocetus helped to make that transition [see "The Mammals That Conquered the Seas," by Kate Wong; Scientific American, May]. Fossil seashells trace the evolution of various mollusks through millions of years. Perhaps 20 or more hominids (not all of them our ancestors) fill the gap between Lucy the australopithecine and modern humans.

Creationists, though, dismiss these fossil studies. They argue that Archaeopteryx is not a missing link between reptiles and birds--it is just an extinct bird with reptilian features. They want evolutionists to produce a weird, chimeric monster that cannot be classified as belonging to any known group. Even if a creationist does accept a fossil as transitional between two species, he or she may then insist on seeing other fossils intermediate between it and the first two. These frustrating requests can proceed ad infinitum and place an unreasonable burden on the always incomplete fossil record.

Nevertheless, evolutionists can cite further supportive evidence from molecular biology. All organisms share most of the same genes, but as evolution predicts, the structures of these genes and their products diverge among species, in keeping with their evolutionary relationships. Geneticists speak of the "molecular clock" that records the passage of time. These molecular data also show how various organisms are transitional within evolution.
0 Replies

Amoh5

Mon 27 Jul, 2015 01:12 am
@Syamsu,
You are implying to me that science belongs to atheism, do you not know that most prominent historical scientists of the modern age were Christians? Father Georges LeMaitre - the big bang, Sir Issac Newton - the laws of gravity, Michael Farrady - Electro-magnetism & chemistry, Robert Boyle - physics & chemistry, the list goes on... Therefore, not all Christians fit into your one size fits all assumption. Just because some people who call themselves Christians like to say they believe in creationism and taking the bible literally, doesn't necessarily mean they represent all people who call themselves Christians. I guess you ignored my suggestion.