Why do people deny evolution?

farmerman

Sun 28 Jun, 2015 03:56 pm
@georgeob1,
One thing you dont see happen EVER, is a bunch of scientists trying to force evolution upon the Fundamentlit schools or colleges. Why then do the Cretionits nd IDers claim license to try to expand thir thought into the public schools and Land Grant colleges
neologist

Sun 28 Jun, 2015 03:58 pm
@farmerman,
To be correct, Creationists have distorted the biblical account of creation to the point of credulity. Your JW acquaintences would surely not assert creation to have taken place in 7 24 hour days. Nor would they claim dinosaurs missed the ark. Many Creationists miss the indefinite time before the first day of creation, just as they fail to notice the 7th day has not ended. I doubt Creationists would welcome JWs to their ranks, belief in creation notwithstanding.

Were it not for speciation, you and I would have much in agreement.

Oh, and I don't think creation should be taught in schools.
Krumple

Sun 28 Jun, 2015 04:13 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

One thing you dont see happen EVER, is a bunch of scientists trying to force evolution upon the Fundamentlit schools or colleges. Why then do the Cretionits nd IDers claim license to try to expand thir thought into the public schools and Land Grant colleges

As much as I think religion is silly.

I think schools should have elective classes for religions. They shouldn't be mandatory though. And if they are going to allow one religion they need to add one for each to be fair.

This would solve a few problems but perhaps make new ones. It would solve the issue of creationists attempting to impose their silliness into science class rooms.

During my high school in the 90's, one of my English teachers actually taught an elective bible class. Perhaps a bit controversial for it's time for a public school. I don't know if there was any black lash from it. It didn't really seem to cause any problems and I never heard of it causing any.

But I think it should have options. If you are going to offer one, you need to make available all the others. But this might be difficult since there might not be very many interested students for certain ones.

Frank Apisa

Sun 28 Jun, 2015 04:36 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

Why is this thread stuck in the false notion that evolution in any way preculdes the existence of a creator? The former is a directly observable process in nature, though science is still short of proof that it explains the existence of all life. The latter is a question that certainly does confront physics and cosmology

You are absolutely correct, George.

There is absolutely NO WAY that "evolution" precludes the existence of a creator. That has been said dozens of ways by dozens of people in this and several other threads.

Why some people do not get that...is a better question than "Why do people deny evolution?"
0 Replies

farmerman

Sun 28 Jun, 2015 04:56 pm
@Krumple,
most already do, but they dont push t as a way to get a credit for taking a "lab science". unfortunately these Colleges Fundamentally incorporated---do. Imagine the waste of education dollrs when the kids learn that their "science department" is not even regionally accredited.?

Frank sings one tune and he thinks that what it all about. His concern doesnt even rise up on the radar. I sing a single tun also but its concerned with kids getting their money's worth .

I sat on regional accreditation committee once and it was ye opening how many schools try to "skate" their religious beliefs pst the boards.

farmerman

Sun 28 Jun, 2015 05:01 pm
@neologist,
Quote:
Nor would they claim dinosaurs missed the ark.
. How would you think it sounds when some new PhD teacher comes along to teach evolution and she starts off with.
"Today we discuss the ARK in its role supporting the extinction of dinosaurs??
cmon.
Day-Date Creationism is OEC instead of YEC.
The hell of it all is that Liberty U teaches that gump qnd kids write it down and think thyre being exposed to a science discipline.
Krumple

Sun 28 Jun, 2015 05:07 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

most already do, but they dont push t as a way to get a credit for taking a "lab science". unfortunately these Colleges Fundamentally incorporated---do. Imagine the waste of education dollrs when the kids learn that their "science department" is not even regionally accredited.?

Frank sings one tune and he thinks that what it all about. His concern doesnt even rise up on the radar. I sing a single tun also but its concerned with kids getting their money's worth .

I sat on regional accreditation committee once and it was ye opening how many schools try to "skate" their religious beliefs pst the boards.

Frank is a real life living groundhog day.
edgarblythe

Sun 28 Jun, 2015 05:13 pm
For once, I would like to see a creationist come along that actually knows evolution, or that does not run from the facts. I don't recall there ever being one on a2k.
Krumple

Sun 28 Jun, 2015 05:21 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

For once, I would like to see a creationist come along that actually knows evolution, or that does not run from the facts. I don't recall there ever being one on a2k.

I think it is extremely rare. Because the tenants of being a creationist means that there will be conflicts with the facts of evolution. As soon as a creationist finally understands evolution, they shortly there after are no longer creationists.

One of my favorite examples of this is if you have ever looked at the ocean floor map in the pacific ocean. You know that Hawaii is a volcanic island. Well you can see a series of peaks starting from Hawaii and heading north west up towards Japan. The reason these are there is because the plate is moving in that direction but the surge of magma under the plate is stationary and pushes it's way through the crust to form these peaks.

You can do a calculation on how fast the plate is moving and how long it would take for these peaks to form. It is clear the Earth is NOT six or even ten thousand years old. It would have to be MUCH older for these peaks to exist.

http://www.mappery.com/maps/Pacific-Ocean-Floor-Map.jpg
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Sun 28 Jun, 2015 05:26 pm
@Krumple,
Quote:
Frank is a real life living groundhog day.

No, I am not.

But the need for the atheists of A2K to pretend their belief system that arrives at "there are no gods" is somehow superior to the theistic belief system that arrives at "there is at least one god" in that it derives from logic, reason, and science...

...seems all consuming.

The atheists do not enjoy dealing with someone who actually has a reasonable, logical argument that puts big dents in the atheistic belief system.

So...the "Frank is a one note" will continue...and I will continue to apply the dents.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Sun 28 Jun, 2015 05:28 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
Frank sings one tune and he thinks that what it all about.

No, FM, I do not sing one tune. What I am doing is to bring the atheistic belief system into focus...and that seems to greatly upset you supposedly logical, reasonable, scientific atheists no end.
0 Replies

neologist

Sun 28 Jun, 2015 05:30 pm
@farmerman,
I had never heard of YEC. OEC. So, I looked it up. I was subjected, first, to Ken Ham.
GAWD! I have never seen a more convoluted misunderstanding

No wonder evoluttionists think bible believers are nuts.

Genesis 1:1 allows for an indefinite time before day 1
The Hebrew word.'yom' does not necessarily mean 24 hours. In Genesis, it refers to an indefinite time, much like the expression "in my grandfathers day".
So there is no definitve time set for creative days. And, since the 6 are lumped into 1 at Genesis 2:4, it should be obvious that the time allotted was 'whatever it took',

Also note day 7 is not over.

You don't have to believe it to see what it says.
farmerman

Sun 28 Jun, 2015 05:38 pm
@neologist,
Im not going to be drawn into a Genesis v SCience allocution. Lets just agree to disagree and be done with it.
neologist

Sun 28 Jun, 2015 05:42 pm
@farmerman,
I still think yer a cool guy, farmer
0 Replies

neologist

Sun 28 Jun, 2015 05:49 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
As there are so few claiming to be evolutionists who actually understand science.
Present company excepted, of course.
0 Replies

martinies

Mon 29 Jun, 2015 12:24 am
@georgeob1,
Some common sense at last . Seeing things in a nonlocal light. God being lights nonlocal reference frame omni present to all action.
martinies

Mon 29 Jun, 2015 02:30 am
@martinies,
All information exist below c. So anthing in existance is the action that nonlocality as god is omni present to. All information is a presentation of god.
Krumple

Mon 29 Jun, 2015 03:16 am
@martinies,
martinies wrote:

All information exist below c. So anthing in existance is the action that nonlocality as god is omni present to. All information is a presentation of god.

How was this determined and what evidence supports it? Or is this just your conjecture?
rosborne979

Mon 29 Jun, 2015 04:33 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

I've been watching for over a decade and haven't seen one yet. Here or anywhere else.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Mon 29 Jun, 2015 04:35 am
@neologist,
You never knew about Ken Ham? Boy have you been missing out. Smile