Why do people deny evolution?

martinies

Tue 2 Jun, 2015 03:01 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta your consciousness is at one with the mover as in it ya consciousness was never a part of evolution. Evolution could be seen as creating ya body and brain but it didnt create ya consciousness. Consciousness is always stationary in any frame of reference because it is part of the stationary mover.
Setanta

Tue 2 Jun, 2015 03:06 pm
@martinies,
I would find it much easier to converse with you if you could communicate in English. You have objectified "moment," "mover" and now "consciousness," as though these words represented existent entities. You'll have to come up with evidence for that before there is any possibility of a coherent conversation.

"Ya" is not a word in English. It is sometimes used to represent "you" in imitation of colloquial speech. It is never used to represent "your."
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Tue 2 Jun, 2015 03:06 pm
Martinies would do well in a conversation with Irwin Corey, the world's foremost expert.
martinies

Tue 2 Jun, 2015 03:08 pm
@Setanta,
How is it consciouness is always stationary in any ref frame relative to the knowledge of c.
Setanta

Tue 2 Jun, 2015 03:09 pm
@edgarblythe,
I don't think that even Irwin could talk to him.
0 Replies

Setanta

Tue 2 Jun, 2015 03:10 pm
@martinies,
I have no reason to assume that is so. Once again, that you say something is not evidence that it is true.
0 Replies

hingehead

On denialism

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/b1/f1/11/b1f11105671c5e88f19a892ad4cdbb1c.jpg
Frank Apisa

@farmerman,
I left for the reason I said.

I can show postings from back before I left where I was polite and reasonable...and if I reacted negatively towards some people...it was because they first acted negatively toward me.

Under any circumstances...this thread deals with evolution...and I have said that...

...IF there is the possibility of a god...then there is the possibility of intelligent design.

There is nothing that prevents evolution from being the design.

There are learned people who have serious questions about various facets of the evolution question. They "deny" because they feel their questions are valid...just as you feel your defense of evolution is valid.

What's the big deal?

And...do you disagree with that comment above?

Why are you avoiding it?
Setanta

Tue 2 Jun, 2015 03:20 pm
@hingehead,
That's f*ckin' high-larious.
0 Replies

neologist

Tue 2 Jun, 2015 03:46 pm
@farmerman,
Actually, I agree with you to a very large point. I only hope to be understood when I say a single point is just as it is. And the idea that someone would create a little jpeg to crow over it as if it were the final death knell for those who deny speciation strikes me as laughingly obtuse.

Did you check the Seattle Times update on the Oso event? I'm not sure I can discern new from old.
farmerman

Tue 2 Jun, 2015 03:54 pm
@neologist,
Creation "Science" has been serially buried under piles of evidence and, as the article about Tiktaliik presented, even the methodology used is part of a unified bag of tricks that show that Creationist thinking is absent any evidence at all."denial" of the evidence is just part of a Creationist or ID mindset. They cannot deal with objective facts.
NO I didnt look at the article yet, I will as soon as we finish dinner.
neologist

Tue 2 Jun, 2015 03:54 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Yeah, but Frank. I seem to recall liberal peperoncino ona you pizza.
That was then and this is now, though.
0 Replies

neologist

Tue 2 Jun, 2015 03:57 pm
@farmerman,
I ain't no creationist, farmer

Enjoy your dinner.

Pizza, maybe?
farmerman

Tue 2 Jun, 2015 04:55 pm
@neologist,
I read the article. I think I posted that LIDAR map from the archive. Thats how the one geologist had given the pre slide warning. "politics always leads science in the US", that way, when something happens the politicians can blame the scientists for not letting them know. The lying sacks o ****.

YOU say that youre not a Creationist? I thought you were a Witness?
I know of no Witnesses (and Ive known several) who were not Biblical inerrancy fans about the Earth and its Biblical Age.

It matters not to me, I just ask that Organized Creationism stay away from our public school science programs and have them STOP trying to hve "Creation Science" accredited as biology for their own colleges. Live and let live as long as they stay on thir side of the fence and stop trying to undermine real science.
farmerman

Tue 2 Jun, 2015 04:58 pm
@farmerman,
we had a nice salmon grille with side of fresh from our garden asparagus and mesculen salad with a bacon dressing
Frank Apisa

Tue 2 Jun, 2015 06:06 pm
@farmerman,
But, FM, as I have noted...if there is the possibility of a god...there is the possibility of intelligent design.

Are you saying there is no possibility of a god?

Or are you saying there is the possibility of intelligent design?

More to come if you choose #2.

In fact, more to come if you choose #1 also.

FBM

Tue 2 Jun, 2015 07:24 pm
My first surprise of the day:

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/DinahFyre/11042692_10155599606660580_2203785500468161365_n.png
Quehoniaomath

Tue 2 Jun, 2015 11:54 pm
Well, well, well

Lots of bollocks and shite, but NO DAMNED EVIDENCE on the horizon!

why?
0 Replies

neologist

Wed 3 Jun, 2015 12:08 am
@FBM,
Argumentum ad populum. Good work.
FBM

Wed 3 Jun, 2015 12:19 am
@neologist,
What argument am I making?