Why do people deny evolution?

martinies

Mon 20 Apr, 2015 08:13 am
@Ionus,
Ha. Good on ya .can see you will be soon be on my side in this debate ionus.
Ionus

Mon 20 Apr, 2015 08:14 am
@martinies,
I'm enjoying not being called names .
0 Replies

FBM

Mon 20 Apr, 2015 08:28 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

I'm not so certain, FBM . Multiple universes ? Unaccountable dimensions ? The true nature of time ? Some of it is getting supernatural in its gooblyspeak .

Are the physicists pointing to a supernatural source? Careful of the g0d-of-the-gaps and argumentum ad ignorantiam thingies. There will be perforce unexplained phenomena for the foreseeable future, but that doesn't lend even the least support to a supernatural explanation. The supernatural claim has no genuine (non-fallacious) supportive evidence that I'm aware of. None has been presented in this thread or this forum that I'm aware of. Or anywhere else, as far as I know.
Ionus

Mon 20 Apr, 2015 08:39 am
@FBM,
Quote:
Are the physicists pointing to a supernatural source?
No, they are explaining the very nature of the universe but the concepts can quite legitimately be called supernatural and have been up till the physicists took over the concept .
FBM

Mon 20 Apr, 2015 08:45 am
@Ionus,
Seems that now we're getting into a problem of semantics. The term "supernatural" implies magic that in principle can never be explained by mundane sciences. A violation of all current and potential physical laws, rather than an as-yet-undiscovered physical law. I don't know of any physicist who takes that option seriously. Do you?
Herald

Mon 20 Apr, 2015 01:14 pm
@FBM,
FBM wrote:
A violation of all current and potential physical laws, rather than an as-yet-undiscovered physical law.
     What are you talking about the laws of physics - there is no physical and non-physical law that the Big Bang 'theory' is not in violation of.
     Would you apply the law for conservation of energy onto the 'appearance' of the Singularity 'out of Nowhere and out of Nothing'? Would you apply the Boyle-Mariotte law onto the moment right before and right after the Big Bang 'theory'? Would you apply the second law of the thermodynamics onto the moment of the Big Bang ... just to establish that onto that moment the Universe has had much more information and much more intelligence then you will ever would be able to imagine ... with or without the help of your personal problems with the aliens.
layman

Mon 20 Apr, 2015 09:31 pm
@FBM,
Quote:
The term "supernatural" implies magic that in principle can never be explained by mundane sciences. A violation of all current and potential physical laws, rather than an as-yet-undiscovered physical law.

What "physical law" would explain an infinite number of "parallel universes" in god only know how many dimensions? Where are these located? For all contact that kind of crap has with nature, as we know it, you might as well listen to some L. Ron Hubbert tale or listen to monks talk about nivana and reincarnation. Just a wild-ass tale anybody could dream up--nothing in nature will support it. It's all beyond nature (supernatural) including these wild speculations by physicists.
0 Replies

layman

Mon 20 Apr, 2015 09:46 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
Some of it is getting supernatural in its gooblyspeak .

Quote:
Full Definition of SUPERNATURAL
: of or relating to an order of existence beyond the visible observable universe

Dark matter, for just one of many supernatural explanations these so-called "physicists" (which they ain't, they're mathematicians) come up with, eh, Ionus?
0 Replies

Ionus

Mon 20 Apr, 2015 10:20 pm
@FBM,
Quote:
I don't know of any physicist who takes that option seriously. Do you?
Yes, many . All of today's sciences were yesterday's black magic, superstitions, supernatural occurrences, etc . The trick is to sort out today's black magic and supernaturals from potential areas of new science . The list of yesterday's 'magic' include germs, atoms, flight, space travel, the nature of stars and many more .

Quote:
Seems that now we're getting into a problem of semantics.
Isnt that appropriate for a debate on one word ?
FBM

Mon 20 Apr, 2015 10:26 pm
@Herald,
Herald wrote:

FBM wrote:
A violation of all current and potential physical laws, rather than an as-yet-undiscovered physical law.
     What are you talking about the laws of physics - there is no physical and non-physical law that the Big Bang 'theory' is not in violation of.
     Would you apply the law for conservation of energy onto the 'appearance' of the Singularity 'out of Nowhere and out of Nothing'? Would you apply the Boyle-Mariotte law onto the moment right before and right after the Big Bang 'theory'? Would you apply the second law of the thermodynamics onto the moment of the Big Bang ... just to establish that onto that moment the Universe has had much more information and much more intelligence then you will ever would be able to imagine ... with or without the help of your personal problems with the aliens.

I've taught you this before. What sort of brain malfunction prevents you from remembering things you've already been taught? http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CF/CF001.html
FBM

Mon 20 Apr, 2015 10:29 pm
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

Quote:
I don't know of any physicist who takes that option seriously. Do you?
Yes, many . All of today's sciences were yesterday's black magic, superstitions, supernatural occurrences, etc . The trick is to sort out today's black magic and supernaturals from potential areas of new science . The list of yesterday's 'magic' include germs, atoms, flight, space travel, the nature of stars and many more .

Please list some physcists who claims that magic is a legit explanation for observed phenomena.

Quote:
Quote:
Seems that now we're getting into a problem of semantics.
Isnt that appropriate for a debate on one word ?

It's appropriate to clarify definitions, yes, but not to use the word ambiguously. What's your definition of 'supernatural.' We may very well be talking about different concepts.
Herald

Mon 20 Apr, 2015 10:33 pm
@FBM,
FBM wrote:
I've taught you this before.
     Liar - where? Would you quote the post. BTW you are neither the discoverer of the second law of thermodynamics, nor the educator having made its original physical interpretation.
Ionus

Mon 20 Apr, 2015 10:34 pm
@FBM,
Quote:
Please list some physcists who claims that magic is a legit explanation for observed phenomena.
Why would I support something you worded ?

Quote:
What's your definition of 'supernatural.'
Anything not explained by our current knowledge on the natural . So there are many things that remain supernatural and are awaiting our knowledge base for inclusion .
FBM

Mon 20 Apr, 2015 10:34 pm
@Herald,
Herald wrote:

FBM wrote:
I've taught you this before.
     Liar - where? Would you quote the post.

Here's an idea: Use your brain's memory function for once. I'm not repeating myself at your amusement, Mr. Alien/ILF/god-of-the-gaps.
FBM

Mon 20 Apr, 2015 10:36 pm
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

Quote:
Why would I support something you worded ?

Because you said that you could. I doubt your claim, so I'm asking for evidence.

Quote:
Quote:
What's your definition of 'supernatural.'
Anything not explained by our current knowledge on the natural . So there are many things that remain supernatural and are awaiting our knowledge base for inclusion .

OK, then we are working with different definitions. For me, 'supernatural' connotes magic. Your definition for me would be 'the unknown.'
Herald

Mon 20 Apr, 2015 10:40 pm
@FBM,
FBM wrote:
Here's an idea: Use your brain's memory function for once.
     Forget about my memory functionS - name the post in which you discover the second law of thermodynamics and make its original physical interpretation to the world - or just confess that you don't even know what you are talking about.
Ionus

Mon 20 Apr, 2015 10:40 pm
@FBM,
Quote:
I never used that wording . I believe it is twisting my words and asking me to defend your wording .

Quote:
For me, 'supernatural' connotes magic. Your definition for me would be 'the unknown.'
I can see both definitions as viable parts of a whole .
FBM

Mon 20 Apr, 2015 11:41 pm
@Herald,
Herald wrote:

FBM wrote:
Here's an idea: Use your brain's memory function for once.
     Forget about my memory functionS - name the post in which you discover the second law of thermodynamics and make its original physical interpretation to the world - or just confess that you don't even know what you are talking about.

There's this thing called a mouse. When you hover over a url, like the one I provided in that post, press down with your index finger. Don't forget to turn on your memory function, Mr. Alien/ILF/g0d-of-the-gaps.
FBM

Mon 20 Apr, 2015 11:43 pm
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

Quote:
I never used that wording . I believe it is twisting my words and asking me to defend your wording .

Hence the explanation of my intended connotation of 'supernatural.

Quote:
Quote:
For me, 'supernatural' connotes magic. Your definition for me would be 'the unknown.'
I can see both definitions as viable parts of a whole .

If you accept the connotation of 'magical' in the word 'supernatural,' then please give an example of a physicist who accepts the connoted magic aspect as an explanation for observed phenomena.
martinies

Tue 21 Apr, 2015 12:30 am
@FBM,
The phenomena of the the stationary observer to c the speed limit of the universe . Theres a piece of consciousness magic for one.