Why do people deny evolution?

parados

Tue 10 Feb, 2015 10:01 am
@Quehoniaomath,
How many steps of micro evolution are required before it becomes macro evolution?

Oh, wait. You won't answer this post. ( <------Science at work)
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Tue 10 Feb, 2015 10:06 am
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
LOOK AROUND YOU. THE WORLD PROVES IT. THE EXISTENCE OF MODERN HOMO SAPIENS SAPIENS PROVES IT. YOUR VERY EXISTENCE PROVES IT. WELL, IN YOUR CASE, I'M NOT SO SURE, IT'S NOT THAT CLEAR YOU'VE EVOLVED BEYOND H. HABILIS AT THE LATEST, REASONING-CAPACITY-WISE..

MY EXISTENCE PROVES IT???????????????????????????????????

WHAT THE F...

AND OF COURSE AN AD HOMINEM! WHY? BECAUSE AT SOME LEVEL HE KNOWS THERE IS NO PROOF! NO PROOF AT ALL!

AND NO, YOU HAVEN'T DELIVERED ANY PROOF!

YOU CANNOT AND YOU NEVER WILL. SORRY.
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Tue 10 Feb, 2015 10:07 am
@parados,
Quote:
It seems you failed to understand that I made a prediction and it proved to be true. That is the essence of science. Without it there would be no internet and no computer.

Science is used to predict that the electrons produced when you press a key on your computer will create a signal that is sent to your computer then out of your computer and finally to my computer where that signal is what you intended. Without science there would be no internet because there would be no way to predict what happens on it.

I LOVE this nonsense!! Moderns science has NOTHING to do with it,

When will people start thinking for themselves????

MontereyJack

Tue 10 Feb, 2015 10:09 am
@Quehoniaomath,
It's clear you love nonsense, since that's all you ever post.
izzythepush

Tue 10 Feb, 2015 10:15 am
@MontereyJack,
Quehoniaomath wrote:

Quote:
LOOK AROUND YOU. THE WORLD PROVES IT. THE EXISTENCE OF MODERN HOMO SAPIENS SAPIENS PROVES IT. YOUR VERY EXISTENCE PROVES IT. WELL, IN YOUR CASE, I'M NOT SO SURE, IT'S NOT THAT CLEAR YOU'VE EVOLVED BEYOND H. HABILIS AT THE LATEST, REASONING-CAPACITY-WISE..

MY EXISTENCE PROVES IT???????????????????????????????????

You have to admit it Jack, Quahog has a point. His existence is more of a proof of atavism than evolution.
0 Replies

parados

Tue 10 Feb, 2015 10:24 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Quote:

That is a good question Q. Why do you continue to use a computer instead of thinking for yourself? Why do you rely on so many things other than just your own thinking?
Quehoniaomath

Tue 10 Feb, 2015 11:30 am
So, a lot of Ad Hominems. EXACTLY what people use when they run out of arguments and can't proof a thing!

They COULD have come with some proof. but alas!

THAT proves they can't prove it!

LOL
Rickoshay75

Wed 11 Feb, 2015 12:18 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
Quehoniaomath wrote:

So, a lot of Ad Hominems. EXACTLY what people use when they run out of arguments and can't proof a thing!

They COULD have come with some proof. but alas!

THAT proves they can't prove it!

LOL

Proof needs to be a consensus of a knowledgeable group to have value. If not, it's only an individual perception.

“What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence. The only consequence is WHAT WE DO.” John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

“You want people walking away from the conversation with some kernel of wisdom or some kind of impact.” Henry Dean Stanton
0 Replies

Rickoshay75

Wed 11 Feb, 2015 12:29 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:

Quote:

That is a good question Q. Why do you continue to use a computer instead of thinking for yourself? Why do you rely on so many things other than just your own thinking?

People think or act because they are stimulated by a event they relate with. My thoughts and post, for example, were stimulated by your post.

“You want people walking away from the conversation with some kernel of wisdom or some kind of impact.” Henry Dean Stanton

“What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence. The only consequence is WHAT WE DO.” John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)
ellease1

Wed 11 Feb, 2015 01:36 pm
@Rickoshay75,
Quote:

What we think or indeed what we believe is of little consequence, this is true but the same cannot be said for what can be known since it depends entirely on what is known. Knowing the truth for instance can set you free of all circumstances. There are no doers and since there is no doership, there is no volition. Either you are body conscious and a slave to circumstances or you are the universal consciousness itself and in full control of every event.
0 Replies

yukteshwar

Wed 25 Mar, 2015 08:22 am
@JimmyJ,
JUST THINK..SUPPOSE THE WORLD HAS ENDED AND MILLIONS OF YEARS LATER AN INTELLIGENT CREATURE HAPPENS TO START DIGGING UP CARS AND COMPARING THEM. HE WOULD CONCLUDE THAT THEY EVOLVED FROM EACH OTHER. BUT AS YOU KNOW THEY DID NOT.. YET I WOULD BE LOGICAL TO ASSUME THEY DID SINCE THE EVIDENCE IS RATHER CLEA. OR IS IT?
FBM

Wed 25 Mar, 2015 08:31 am
@yukteshwar,
No. False analogy. Evolution of species via natural selection pinpoints specific mechanisms and specific processes, which are testable and falsifiable. It's not like comparing paintings through Renaissance to Neoclassicism to Romanticism, etc, where the intellectual mechanisms are subject to varied interpretations. The science either works or it doesn't, and opinions don't count for much without evidence. AND YELLING IN ALL CAPS DOESN'T MAKE YOUR OPINION WORTH MORE.
0 Replies

parados

Wed 25 Mar, 2015 12:45 pm
@yukteshwar,
I guess if you ignore that living creatures mate and have babies as opposed to cars that are clearly manufactured one at a time. Of course future intelligent creatures would understand DNA and how it passes on characteristics, something cars don't have.
cicerone imposter

Thu 26 Mar, 2015 06:43 pm
@parados,
I wouldn't go that far! LOL A chevy is a chevy whether it was made in 1955 or 2015. That's their DNA.

Bad joke, heh?
neologist

Thu 26 Mar, 2015 07:59 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
I wouldn't go that far! LOL A chevy is a chevy whether it was made in 1955 or 2015. That's their DNA.

Bad joke, heh?
Nah!
But I thought "Body by Fisher" was phased out. Question
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Fri 27 Mar, 2015 03:02 pm
266 pages and still NO EVIDENCE AT ALL!!!!!

How come people still believe religiously in that shite?
0 Replies

Anti-Trust

Sat 28 Mar, 2015 04:51 am
@JimmyJ,
I don't believe in evolution because it fails to comply with observations. People talk about 'missing links', and they keep searching - in this context they assume it is only the human 'missing link' that is missing - however there are NO missing links, or intermediate species for any known animals.

The reason why people generally believe in Evolution is because it is presented as a false dichotomy - either you believe in Evolution or you are a creationist - other scientific theories outside of evolution are suppressed by the political orthodoxy.

Nor does evolution propose to explain the existence of life on our planet - only the speciation.

The theory that no biologist denies, but almost nobody has ever heard of is called Abiogenesis - which is simply the theory that living material comes from non living material.

In my opinion it is this theory that supplies us with the answer to life on Earth. Generally Abiogenesis is supposed to produce only simple life, however if the theory is extended to complex life then through a process of hybridization evolution can be discarded entirely - for the worthless, evidence contradicting theory it is.
parados

Sat 28 Mar, 2015 07:05 am
@Anti-Trust,
So there are three choices? Evolution, creationism or a magic process whereby species are created from non life fully formed but somehow magically have DNA that is related to other species. It seems your third choice is nothing but a retelling of creationism but pretending there isn't a creator. It certainly has no evidence to support it.
0 Replies

parados

Sat 28 Mar, 2015 07:10 am
@Anti-Trust,
Quote:
however there are NO missing links, or intermediate species for any known animals.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/6e/Equine_evolution.jpg/300px-Equine_evolution.jpg

http://biologos.org/uploads/static-content/Figure_1.png

Who should I believe? You or my lying eyes?
Quehoniaomath

Sun 29 Mar, 2015 12:24 pm
@parados,
Not again???????????????????????????!