Why do people deny evolution?

anonymously99stwin

Sat 28 Dec, 2013 11:28 pm
@neologist,
Is this a puzzle for my brain?
anonymously99stwin

Sat 28 Dec, 2013 11:44 pm
@anonymously99stwin,
I am like a steel door, am being very difficult to open. not by choice.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Sat 28 Dec, 2013 11:54 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
Romeo proclaimed: the further we look out across space and time, the more liable it becomes to distortion.
Brandon replied: Weren't we talking about stuff happening on Earth?

Sort of. For example dinosaurs ruled the earth for 135 million years, but because time is stretchy and elastic maybe it somehow fast-forwarded so that it was compressed into just a few thousand of "our" years.
It's just speculation of course but speculation is FUN..Smile

If you don't care about what Einstein actually said. He defined exactly the circumstances under which two observers disagree about a time interval, and exactly how they disagree. It always involves relative speeds close to light speed or else large differences in gravitational field strength.
neologist

Sun 29 Dec, 2013 12:00 am
@Brandon9000,
For Romeo, many things are "stretchy".
anonymously99stwin

Sun 29 Dec, 2013 12:21 am
@neologist,
Not everyone is gifted with leaders who want their followers to lead a good life. Some leaders, believe in their followers should suffer in time as they suffered. By making it so. For some followers it takes time to progress. For everyone. It's not the same for each individual. We're not all born and/or raised to be intelligent. No. 
Leaders should be good examples. Not people who feel the world owes them something because of the amount of anger they have from their own grievances, problems.
One should read and understand. If not, one will remain as all will see them as for refusing knowledge, and so forth.
0 Replies

anonymously99stwin

Sun 29 Dec, 2013 12:27 am
@neologist,
Understanding, knowledge.. comes as a weightloss.
anonymously99stwin

Sun 29 Dec, 2013 12:32 am
@anonymously99stwin,
Thought indians were good people.
0 Replies

JimmyJ

Sun 29 Dec, 2013 02:46 am
@spendius,
again, as I've tried to explain to you, science doesn't care if you think it's "nice" to believe in evolution or not.
JimmyJ

Sun 29 Dec, 2013 02:47 am
@neologist,
Quote:
And some hypotheses continue as hypotheses.

Find me any science text book that claims evolution as a hypothesis.

I'm sorry, but Neologist the personal fitness trainer doesn't get to decide for the scientific community (without any research/evidence) what is and is not a scientific theory.
Frank Apisa

Sun 29 Dec, 2013 07:41 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Let's throw into the playpen the fact that Einstein proved time is stretchy and elastic, so whose to say it didn't run faster in prehistoric times so that for example a thousand years would pass in just one day of "our" time, relatively speaking?
It's not a new idea- "With God a thousand years are as one day" (2 Peter 3:8 )

My guess is that Einstein would be uncomfortable with the word "proved" in that sentence.
0 Replies

neologist

Sun 29 Dec, 2013 12:33 pm
@JimmyJ,
I wrote:
JimmyJ wrote:
Find me a textbook editor who will not smooch his audience.
JimmyJ wrote:
I'm sorry, but Neologist the personal fitness trainer doesn't get to decide for the scientific community (without any research/evidence) what is and is not a scientific theory.
Theory is tested hypothesis. What I find even more presumptuous is declaring the untested hypothesis to be a law.
JimmyJ

Sun 29 Dec, 2013 01:10 pm
@neologist,
Quote:

Find me a scientist who agrees with you.

Quote:
Theory is tested hypothesis. What I find even more presumptuous is declaring the untested hypothesis to be a law.

How is evolution untested?

Are you some kind of slow idiot? I've pointed you to multiple sources and listed multiple facts. I've even directed you to go to google scholar and type in "biological evolution" (which ironically would give you EXACTLY what you're looking for, a "test" for evolution).

You refuse to do so because you're willfully/happily ignorant. Just admit it to yourself and everyone here.
anonymously99stwin

Sun 29 Dec, 2013 01:21 pm
@neologist,
(Nice).

I believe in evolution. I believe that some adults are much more mature than they were from when they were a child being 1 - 12, 13 years of age. Teenager 14 - 17 years of age. I believe some adults right this minute are much more mature than they were from when a young adult being 18 - whenever the young adult age ends.

I believe some alcohol abusers quit abusing alcohol.

I believe some who have been depressed their entire lives from when very young in age having been physically abused are stuck with depression no matter what is done.

I believe in love.

I believe in forgiveness.

I believe in acceptance, knowledge, understanding, educating.

I believe in the Law. Everything about the Law. I also believe my chances with being of the Law are no longer possible due to the selfishness of christians, they claim christian, who criticized me rather than taking the time to communicate with me to have the ability to understand me, my mind. They probably don't believe in change. understand that people do mature.
They also refuse to acknowledge the fact I had done made up my mind that I won't give into them due to the fact they till this day refuse to understand me. they being as critical as they are.
anonymously99stwin

Sun 29 Dec, 2013 01:24 pm
@anonymously99stwin,
Ignorant. Along with everyone else.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Sun 29 Dec, 2013 01:35 pm
Quote:
Anonymously said: the selfishness of christians... they till this day refuse to understand me. they being as critical as they are

Relax mate, there are phoney "christians" and there are REAL ones, so obviously you've only met the phonies..Smile
I've had a schizophrenic girlfriend in the past, and an autistic one, and i also helped as a volunteer for the Scope CB charity.
I know plenty of allegedly "mentally ill" people who are a notch above phoney christians..Smile
anonymously99stwin

Sun 29 Dec, 2013 01:53 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
I'm not claiming.
anonymously99stwin

Sun 29 Dec, 2013 02:03 pm
@anonymously99stwin,
I'm a mental situation. The mind, the growth of the mind is important. Obtaining knowledge, understanding, else similar to. It takes time. Patience has always been a virtue. I believe.

Depression and everything that comes with depression can take it's toll on the mind, causing the mind to suffer greatly, injure the mind scarring it for eternity.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Sun 29 Dec, 2013 02:13 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

I wrote:
JimmyJ wrote:
JimmyJ wrote:

I thought I understood you better, neo. I did not know you were claiming evolution to be an untested hypothesis. You are so wrong here that I have nothing to say about it. Evolution is a solid theory. On that point there can be no give and take.
Romeo Fabulini

Sun 29 Dec, 2013 02:16 pm
Quote:
Anonymously said: Depression and everything that comes with depression can take it's toll on the mind, causing the mind to suffer greatly, injure the mind scarring it for eternity.

There are all sorts of depression mate, I went through an 8-week spell of it 30 years ago and it was sheer hell as if my mind was being flooded with thoughts of how pointless and worthless human existence is.
It was as if something had gotten into my head and was twisting my thoughts.
I looked through a bible to try to find some comfort and the depression eventually lifted but i've never forgotten it.
It made me begin thinking that there really were malicious mind-parasites (demons) floating around out there, ready to latch on to people who had the wrong bad-vibes mindset that attracts them like moths to a flame.

Hence the warning to only radiate good vibes-
"..whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things" (Philp 4:8)
anonymously99stwin

Sun 29 Dec, 2013 02:19 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
That's nice. Sarcastically speaking.