Why do people deny evolution?

rosborne979

Fri 26 Dec, 2014 10:00 am
@DNA Thumbs drive,
DNA Thumbs drive wrote:
Can you explain the science, by where hundreds of thousands of lines of DNA code, form at random, by chance in a warm pond.

Not chance; Natural Selection. Not warm pond; Organic ocean. Proven in biology; logically inferred for all replicative molecules.
rosborne979

Fri 26 Dec, 2014 10:02 am
@DNA Thumbs drive,
DNA Thumbs drive wrote:
Just as a computer cpu, is not needed without the rest of the computer, a computer creator builds all the parts to fit together at assembly time.

Irreducible complexity has already been tried. It fails every test. Your form of the same argument is no better.
farmerman

Fri 26 Dec, 2014 11:11 am
@DNA Thumbs drive,
Quote:

Can you explain, how a Ferrari F-50 and a Toyota Prius, both have pushrods?

Yes I can, but what does that have to do with the topic. My question re: the relationship in time and structure of the 2 chimpanzee chromosomes to the one human chromosome that resulted , is just being ignored .
0 Replies

farmerman

Fri 26 Dec, 2014 11:21 am
@DNA Thumbs drive,
Quote:
You are the one who can not understand evolution. God created DNA in some or various forms, to populate this planet, perhaps, so he could come back here and have something to eat, at a later date. No one knows, however, if we take a simple organism to Mars, where it would surely develop, given enough time, into something as intelligent as you, this is how evolution works. Clearly God did not drop humans onto an uninhabited rock, he left his greatest gift, the DNA that became both us, and all other animals, those both similar, and those that are different.

And you say I don't understand evolution eh. At least I can evidence the steps and the probable causes . You cant because ignorance is a blessed bliss to your worldview.

Your "belief" in evolution is without any substance, you just use this as a convenient attempt at trying to sound like you are aware of the many twists and turns life has taken (without actually doing the investigation).

When are you actually gonna read Darwin ?. Youre just faking it you know. You cant hide behind ICR all your life, they are a bunch of frauds and charlatans.
cicerone imposter

Fri 26 Dec, 2014 11:29 am
@farmerman,
DNATd wrote,
Quote:
God created DNA in some or various forms, to populate this planet, perhaps, so he could come back here and have something to eat, at a later date.

You can't credit some pie in the sky with having created DNA without proving your god exists. You can't; and never will. Have you ever studied logic? Your nothing from nothing doesn't compute. First prove your god exists; then we can talk about who created DNA.
MontereyJack

Fri 26 Dec, 2014 11:54 am
@cicerone imposter,
interesting take, ci. So thumbsy is saying god created us as fodder so he'd be able to eat humans when he came around again? Gives a whole new meaning to Communion, doesn't it?
0 Replies

neologist

Fri 26 Dec, 2014 11:58 am
Finally, an advantageous trait . . ..

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=b14e74ba34&view=fimg&th=14a855518c0fa79d&attid=0.1.1&disp=emb&attbid=ANGjdJ94kFV3gtgij2KbDbZyH4lmrC713b6Fq9xvekGI5FYD-woTxZVkaE0sNvTGygUzfF5EoJ_d-3FV47H6UfFT6jjuYkdZhrDvMcCl5aBUdqFg_wg-Ybe5V1YlqJs&sz=w500-h332&ats=1419578784434&rm=14a855518c0fa79d&zw&atsh=1
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Fri 26 Dec, 2014 12:34 pm
@rosborne979,
Quote:
Not chance; Natural Selection. Not warm pond; Organic ocean. Proven in biology; logically inferred for all replicative molecules.

LOL

Now it begs the question, why do you really believe all that shite?

DNA Thumbs drive

Fri 26 Dec, 2014 01:43 pm
@rosborne979,
Nope, as intelligent human designers, have already created life, with DNA, the complicated way.

Try again
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Fri 26 Dec, 2014 02:09 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
Why do you believe in the god myth? LOL No proof, no logic, no common sense, no evidence, nada, none, zero. PROVE TO US THAT YOUR GOD EXISTS? By the 'scientific method.'
FBM

Fri 26 Dec, 2014 04:11 pm
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/DinahFyre/stateofdenial.jpg
0 Replies

DNA Thumbs drive

Fri 26 Dec, 2014 04:38 pm
@cicerone imposter,
The scientific method for proving God is rather easy.

All we need do, is set up a Mars base, figure out what type of life will grow there, and let it go. Then it evolves, and we are God.

Amen.
cicerone imposter

Fri 26 Dec, 2014 04:40 pm
@DNA Thumbs drive,
Do it, idiot!
DNA Thumbs drive

Fri 26 Dec, 2014 05:08 pm
@cicerone imposter,
It will happen................ http://www.space.com/26149-nasa-makerbot-3d-printing-mars-base.html http://mars.nasa.gov/programmissions/missions/
cicerone imposter

Fri 26 Dec, 2014 07:34 pm
@DNA Thumbs drive,
Quote:
All we need do, is set up a Mars base, figure out what type of life will grow there, and let it go. Then it evolves, and we are God.

You've gone over the cliff of no return; too stupid to understand what you even post.

FBM

Fri 26 Dec, 2014 09:32 pm
http://blogs.plos.org/scied/2013/09/02/why-i-dont-believe-in-science-and-students-shouldnt-either/

Quote:
Why I don’t believe in science…and students shouldn’t either
By Adam Blankenbicker
Posted: September 2, 2013

As I have been preparing for my last post on SciEd, I’ve reflected on why I became a science educator to begin with. And I realize it’s because I strongly believe that knowledge is an important tool to improve our lives and it should be shared with others. This is strange however, because even though I have this belief, I don’t believe in science. So why am I so passionate about something I don’t believe in?

Science and Belief

Science is how we describe the natural world, and if you search the web for “what is science,” three words tend to come up more often than others: observation, experiment, and evidence. Observations and experiments may not be perfect, even at the limits of our technologies, and interpretations may be flawed, but it’s the evidence that supports, or doesn’t, an argument that is the most important. And we choose to either accept it, or not.

I wanted to get an on-the-spot response from a scientist, so I asked one of my colleagues at work, Dr. Briana Pobiner, a paleoanthropologist, “You believe in evolution, right?” I was surprised by how quickly she answered “I don’t believe in evolution – I accept the evidence for evolution.” The believing isn’t what makes evolution true or not, it’s that there is evidence that supports it.

There are plenty of other scientists out there that don’t like the use of the word “believe.” Kevin Padian, of the University of California, Berkeley, wrote an open-access article about science and evolution, entitled “Correcting some common misrepresentations of evolution in textbooks and the media.” He states:

“Saying that scientists ‘believe’ their results suggests, falsely, that their acceptance is not based on evidence, but is based somehow on faith.”

The closeness of belief to faith, belief in something without proof, seems to be a reason a number of scientists disapprove of the word. It does tend to introduce religion, which describes the supernatural, something that science cannot accomplish.

Padian continues:

…it is about the quality of the evidence: scientists accept their results as the best explanation of the problem that we have at present, but we recognize that our findings are subject to reevaluation as new evidence comes to light.”...

Quehoniaomath

Sat 27 Dec, 2014 03:31 am
@FBM,
funny, not saying it is faith while it really is!

funny, funny, funny!
cicerone imposter

Sat 27 Dec, 2014 07:42 am
@Quehoniaomath,
You seem ignorant about the word faith.

Quote:
faith
fāTH/Submit
noun
1. complete trust or confidence in someone or something.
"this restores one's faith in politicians"
synonyms: trust, belief, confidence, conviction; More
antonyms: mistrust
2. strong belief in God or in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual apprehension rather than proof.
synonyms: religion, church, sect, denomination, (religious) persuasion, (religious) belief, ideology, creed, teaching, doctrine
"she gave her life for her faith"

With emphasis,
Quote:
strong belief in God or in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual apprehension rather than proof.

Quehoniaomath

Sat 27 Dec, 2014 09:36 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
You seem ignorant about the word faith.

Ah wel, call it blind belief, it doesn't matter!
cicerone imposter

Sat 27 Dec, 2014 09:56 am
@Quehoniaomath,
It does matter! You just admitted to being ignorant about religion and science.
0 Replies