Why do people deny evolution?

DNA Thumbs drive

Mon 1 Dec, 2014 07:07 pm
@Setanta,
Curious, did Einstein ever teach his completely ignorant theory of the static universe at Princeton?

Yawn.
FBM

Mon 1 Dec, 2014 07:12 pm
@DNA Thumbs drive,
DNA Thumbs drive wrote:

There are no prebiotic molecules known, prebiotic molecules could only exist, if they were shown to have created life. Just as pre cancerous cells are shown to cause cancer.

No lifelessness of any type has been shown to create life, no matter how simple.

School time...

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/DinahFyre/Researchers-Discover-an-Important-Pair-of-Prebiotic-Molecules-in-Interstellar-Space.jpg

Quote:
Researchers Discover an Important Pair of Prebiotic Molecules in Interstellar Space

Scientists using the Green Bank Telescope have discovered a pair of prebiotic molecules in interstellar space, suggesting that some basic chemicals needed for life may have formed on dusty ice grains floating between the stars.

The scientists used the National Science Foundation’s Green Bank Telescope (GBT) in West Virginia to study a giant cloud of gas some 25,000 light-years from Earth, near the center of our Milky Way Galaxy. The chemicals they found in that cloud include a molecule thought to be a precursor to a key component of DNA and another that may have a role in the formation of the amino acid alanine.

One of the newly-discovered molecules, called cyanomethanimine, is one step in the process that chemists believe produces adenine, one of the four nucleobases that form the “rungs” in the ladder-like structure of DNA. The other molecule, called ethanamine, is thought to play a role in forming alanine, one of the twenty amino acids in the genetic code.

“Finding these molecules in an interstellar gas cloud means that important building blocks for DNA and amino acids can ‘seed’ newly-formed planets with the chemical precursors for life,” said Anthony Remijan, of the National Radio Astronomy Observatory (NRAO).

In each case, the newly-discovered interstellar molecules are intermediate stages in multi-step chemical processes leading to the final biological molecule. Details of the processes remain unclear, but the discoveries give new insight on where these processes occur.

http://scitechdaily.com/researchers-discover-an-important-pair-of-prebiotic-molecules-in-interstellar-space/
FBM

Mon 1 Dec, 2014 07:14 pm
@DNA Thumbs drive,
DNA Thumbs drive wrote:

No lifelessness of any type has been shown to create life, no matter how simple.

No magic man in the sky of any type has been shown to create life, no matter how simple.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Mon 1 Dec, 2014 07:21 pm
@DNA Thumbs drive,
If all you're trying to tell us is that nobody knows how abiogenesis actually happened, then we already know that.
DNA Thumbs drive

Mon 1 Dec, 2014 10:26 pm
@FBM,
A molecule, can only be proved prebiotic, after is becomes alive.....

Really rather simple.
DNA Thumbs drive

Mon 1 Dec, 2014 10:29 pm
@rosborne979,
I am trying to tell you to watch FOX news, repent your evil ways and follow in the footsteps of the risen Christ.

Again DNA is a hard drive, hard drives do not grow in warm ponds, but they can be created.
0 Replies

FBM

Mon 1 Dec, 2014 10:32 pm
@DNA Thumbs drive,
DNA Thumbs drive wrote:

A molecule, can only be proved prebiotic, after is becomes alive.....

Really rather simple.

After it becomes alive, it's not prebiotic anymore.

So where's the electron microscopic evidence you promised?
DNA Thumbs drive

Mon 1 Dec, 2014 10:39 pm
@FBM,
And until it becomes alive, it can not be proven to have been prebiotic.

Really rather simple, for a graduated fifth grader at least.

Yawn...!
FBM

Mon 1 Dec, 2014 10:48 pm
@DNA Thumbs drive,
Still no evidence, eh? Didn't think so. Your bluff got called, buddy. Laughing
DNA Thumbs drive

Mon 1 Dec, 2014 10:53 pm
@FBM,
You have no evidence of any prebiotic of any kind ever having existed, if you would watch Pat Robertson and the 700 club more often, you would know this.

http://quotespictures.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/the-value-of-peristent-prayer-is-not-that-he-will-hear-us-but-that-we-will-finally-hear-him.png
FBM

Mon 1 Dec, 2014 10:56 pm
@DNA Thumbs drive,
I've linked the research results already.

Now, quid pro quo, show me some evidence for your invisible sky fairy.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Mon 1 Dec, 2014 11:56 pm
@DNA Thumbs drive,
Your denial is way beyond the evidence. However, please answer this simple question. Show us proof of your god?
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Tue 2 Dec, 2014 01:11 am
It is good to see hoq desperate those evolutionist girls and boys are clinging to their sinking ship called 'evolution'

I really wonder what they are going to say once the boot is sunk, because it will sink for sure. will they still say that it is 'true'? I think so. In a way it is a sad thing to watch all this.
0 Replies

Wilso

Tue 2 Dec, 2014 02:45 am
@DNA Thumbs drive,
DNA Thumbs drive wrote:

Yawn...!

You're a fuckwit. Just like quahog. Wouldn't surprise me if you are quahog. Goodbye.
Quehoniaomath

Tue 2 Dec, 2014 03:25 am
@Wilso,
Quote:
You're a fuckwit. Just like quahog. Wouldn't surprise me if you are quahog. Goodbye.

Ad Hominems again!! I always love that! Because that means they have run out of arguments and we have touched a nerve! Yes!!!

And NO, I am not him! He wish! Wink
0 Replies

FBM

Tue 2 Dec, 2014 04:00 am
@Wilso,
Wilso wrote:

DNA Thumbs drive wrote:

Yawn...!

They do sound similar, eh? But the Que one yells more. That's why I put him on Ignore. The main reason I don't teach kids is that they yell so much.
0 Replies

FBM

Tue 2 Dec, 2014 05:15 am
The possibility that terrestrial life may have extraterrestrial origins is given a boost: http://phys.org/news/2014-11-dna-survives-critical-entry-earth.html

Quote:
DNA survives critical entry into Earth's atmosphere
Nov 26, 2014

The genetic material DNA can survive a flight through space and re-entry into the earth's atmosphere—and still pass on genetic information. A team of scientists from UZH obtained these astonishing results during an experiment on the TEXUS-49 research rocket mission.
Applied to the outer shell of the payload section of a rocket using pipettes, small, double-stranded DNA molecules flew into space from Earth and back again. After the launch, space flight, re-entry into Earth's atmosphere and landing, the so-called plasmid DNA molecules were still found on all the application points on the rocket from the TEXUS-49 mission. And this was not the only surprise: For the most part, the DNA salvaged was even still able to transfer genetic information to bacterial and connective tissue cells. "This study provides experimental evidence that the DNA's genetic information is essentially capable of surviving the extreme conditions of space and the re-entry into Earth's dense atmosphere," says study head Professor Oliver Ullrich from the University of Zurich's Institute of Anatomy.

No magical hand of a god required to explain earthly life forms, seems.
Quehoniaomath

Tue 2 Dec, 2014 05:22 am
@FBM,
It justed shifted the problem.
0 Replies

farmerman

Tue 2 Dec, 2014 05:27 am
@DNA Thumbs drive,
we "discover" and tear down living chemicals all the time, so indeed, we do know a significant amount about the "prebiotic chemical list"

Weve known for quite some time about means like the glyoxylate cycle and how it allows the "living" cell utilize carbon from several carbon source anions.
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Tue 2 Dec, 2014 06:55 am
Ok can we shut and close down this thread now?

It is by now unbelievable clear how stupid evolutionists and evolution are!!!