Why do people deny evolution?

FBM

Mon 1 Dec, 2014 12:17 am
@DNA Thumbs drive,
DNA Thumbs drive wrote:

There is no evidence of any kind that the immense complexity of DNA, the most highly advanced code in the known universe was written by a warm salty pond....So get used to it. Now perhaps someday the evidence will change, but that remains to be seen.

Another strawman fallacy. There's strong evidence for abiogenesis and jack for your celestial Santa. Get used to that, because until you start providing evidence, that' s the way it's going to stay.
FBM

Mon 1 Dec, 2014 12:18 am
@Herald,
How much enerby would it take for you to come clean about your hypothesis? What, exactly, are you claiming?
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Mon 1 Dec, 2014 12:38 am
@Herald,
You talk as if these were unknown mysteries, Herald, which just goes to show that we've once again hit something well-known but which you remain ignorant about. CO2 has been and is being measured directly. It's well[known (for a century) that concentrations are higher in cities and industrial areas, but there is no barrier to all atmospheric gases mixing and evening out. That's what winds do. Which is why it's measured at concentrations in an island ovservatory in Hawaii, as a world reference standard. And it's rising. We know how much fossil fuel we produce every years, and how much is combusted, and what amount of CO2 is producedby that combustion (and by other processes, like cement production (limestone burning, fossilized remains of microscopic sea creatures). Not a mystery. We measure directly the growing concentration of CO2 in the atmosphere. We know from the changes in the atmospheric isotopes of carbon that the change is dues to fossil fuels (which have a different ratio of C isotopes). We know from direct observation that CO2 in the atmosphere today is about a third greater than at any time in the last 600,000 years or so (from ice cores from glaciers in Greenland and Antarctica, which have microencapsulations of the atmosphere at the time the ice was formed, and that encompasses about the last six ice ages and interglacials). CO2 is pretty well-known, and it's not the great unknown you seem to think. And humans are screwing the balance.
Quehoniaomath

Mon 1 Dec, 2014 01:00 am
@MontereyJack,
I thought this thread was about evolution?
georgeob1

Mon 1 Dec, 2014 09:12 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Quehoniaomath wrote:

I thought this thread was about evolution?

Ironic that you of all the posters here should write that.

This thread has degenerated into a shouting match between equally intolerant and closed-minded enforcers of opposing orthodoxies. Queoniaomath, however, is well ahead in stubborn stupidity.
Quehoniaomath

Mon 1 Dec, 2014 11:11 am
@georgeob1,
bla bla bla and noooooooooooooooo evidence to speak off! right??!
0 Replies

farmerman

Mon 1 Dec, 2014 11:23 am
@georgeob1,
I imagine Quahog is just a lake of brilliant conversation . He started on Erasmus Darwin ((then quit after he began to sound silly)then hes been all over the map trying to sound knowledgeable but all his posts are bare little clips from Creation sites and anti-science sites.
Hes been accusing everyone of ad hominems while employing them liberally hisself.

I think hes an ex-navy man.

Quehoniaomath

Mon 1 Dec, 2014 11:30 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
I imagine Quahog is just a lake of brilliant conversation . He started on Erasmus Darwin ((then quit after he began to sound silly)then hes been all over the map trying to sound knowledgeable but all his posts are bare little clips from Creation sites and anti-science sites.
Hes been accusing everyone of ad hominems while employing them liberally hisself.

And still, fm is hiding between all this because he can't answer one simple question:

WHERE IS THE ******* EVIDENCE ???????????????????????????????
0 Replies

farmerman

Mon 1 Dec, 2014 11:41 am
@georgeob1,
Oh yeh, he must be blind from his days doing meth.

Quahog, admit it, youre just too damn stupid to even understand all the evidence that has thus been posted. If youre going to continue yammering like a chicken on an egg clutch, go find a nest somewhere.
Quehoniaomath

Mon 1 Dec, 2014 11:45 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Oh yeh, he must be blind from his days doing meth.

Quahog, admit it, youre just too damn stupid to even understand all the evidence that has thus been posted. If youre going to continue yammering like a chicken on an egg clutch, go find a nest somewhere.

Oh Ad Hominems Ad Hominems, our speciallity of fm again!!!

You really have to believe that I don't understand the 'evidence' other wise your belief system is not able to handle the fact that there really is NO evidence. So, at borrom ist is about the integrity of your belief system.
Nothing else, mate!

Rather belief I am stupid then changing your own belief system!
Now what is that called??

LOL who is this guy??????
0 Replies

DNA Thumbs drive

Mon 1 Dec, 2014 03:51 pm
@FBM,
There is no evidence of prebiotics......just a theory, and a theory should never be presented as fact
Setanta

Mon 1 Dec, 2014 03:59 pm
@DNA Thumbs drive,
Leaving aside that you obviously don't know what theory means in science, how do you know there is no evidence of "prebiotics?" Organic molecules have been found just days ago on a comet. Spectrographic analysis of the galaxy shows organic molecules all over the visible sky. Your denial is conditioned by your preferred superstition, not an actual dearth of evidence.
DNA Thumbs drive

Mon 1 Dec, 2014 04:04 pm
@Setanta,
Iron, zinc and copper are all organic and part of your body, are you aware of that? So if they are found on a comet or asteroid, this means something?

It means that they were found on a comet or asteroid, nothing more.
parados

Mon 1 Dec, 2014 04:17 pm
@DNA Thumbs drive,
Iron, zinc and copper are all elements. Elements are not prebiotic molecules. You might start by learning the difference between atoms and molecules.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Mon 1 Dec, 2014 04:48 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

I doubt he would have survived very long. The surface to volume ratio is far too high.
0 Replies

Setanta

Mon 1 Dec, 2014 05:08 pm
@DNA Thumbs drive,
None of those elements are "organic." They are sometimes found in organic molecules. Just finding those elements on a comet would not be evidence of organic molecules. Really, if you're that stupid, you'd be best advised to keep your mouth shut.

Here, educate yourself, for a change: Rosetta mission lander detects organic molecules on surface of comet
DNA Thumbs drive

Mon 1 Dec, 2014 05:27 pm
@Setanta,
Life is composed of stardust, as we are all born of stardust, thus finding what we are made of in stardust, is both rational and expected. If you can demonstrate how lifeless organic molecules can write DNA, please do, if you can demonstrate that organic molecules can form DNA spontaneously, please do that as well. Remembering that it was once obvious that if you swam too far out into the ocean, that you would fall off.
Setanta

Mon 1 Dec, 2014 06:04 pm
@DNA Thumbs drive,
Completely incoherent--really, these things had billions, literally billions of years to develop. We know that cell division can take place every 20 minutes--to save you the math, that's more than 26,000 time per year, times a billion or more years. Once you get self-replicating molecules, their growth will be explosive.

Once again, your point of view is a religiously polemical point of view, and you neither show any interest in the details of the subject, and you show an appalling ignorance of the subject. Your apparent argument runs: "If you can't prove to my satisfaction that there is a mechanism for the rise of life, then i get to default to my preferred Magic Sky Daddy superstition." There is not the least reason nor logic in your position. Instead of learning, you just deny, deny, deny.

From Princeton University:

The RNA world hypothesis

DNATD discusses evolution:

http://thinkingmomsrevolution.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/fingers-in-ears.jpg
FBM

Mon 1 Dec, 2014 06:09 pm
@DNA Thumbs drive,
DNA Thumbs drive wrote:

There is no evidence of prebiotics......just a theory, and a theory should never be presented as fact

Quote:
A scientific theory is a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world that is acquired through the scientific method and repeatedly tested and confirmed through observation and experimentation.

Quote:
‘Ultimate’ Prebiotic Molecules Found in Interstellar Space
by NANCY ATKINSON on FEBRUARY 28, 2013

The building blocks of life could have their beginnings in the tiny icy grains that make up the gas and dust found between the stars, and those icy grains could be the key to understanding how life can arise on planets. With help from students, researchers have discovered an important pair of prebiotic molecules in the icy particles in interstellar space. The chemicals, found in a giant cloud of gas about 25,000 light-years from Earth may be a precursor to a key component of DNA and another may have a role in the formation of an important amino acid.

“We found the ultimate prebiotic of prebiotic molecules,” said Anthony Remijan, of the National Radio Astronomy Observatory (NRAO).

http://www.universetoday.com/100369/ultimate-prebiotic-molecule-found-in-interstellar-space/

You don't seem to tire of being shown to be wrong.
DNA Thumbs drive

Mon 1 Dec, 2014 07:06 pm
@FBM,
There are no prebiotic molecules known, prebiotic molecules could only exist, if they were shown to have created life. Just as pre cancerous cells are shown to cause cancer.

No lifelessness of any type has been shown to create life, no matter how simple.